Carthage vs Waco La Vega at The Star Friday, December 15, 2017 at 7:30 PM

ctown94

Carthage vs La Vega  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• (14-0) La Vega Pirates
    • (14-0) Carthage Bulldogs

44 minutes ago, Aggie98 said:

I just can't see any defense, even one as physically dominant as La Vega, holding this Carthage offense down for long. There's just no way to defend all the things Carthage can do on offense, consistently. And if La Vega plans on beating Carthage by running the football, well good luck with that.

👍🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾

• Like 2

Down here in the swamp, we don't have any highly competitive 4AD1 teams (Silsbee was our best shot and the Dawgs destroyed them).  So before I could post, I went to a highly knowledgeable, unbiased source, to help me out.  He said Carthage by 14 at a minimum.  So there you have my prediction, based upon what an expert told me.  He was also fascinated that 7 people picked La Vega.

Thanks CarthDawg!

I will say this. Under Surratt, Carthage has NEVER lost a BIG game in the playoffs where they were NOT heavily favored. In other words, most of our playoff losses were by teams who won in an upset (el campo, Lavega) and snuck up on us a little. When there are very little unknowns about our opponent and we have the talent, our coaching staff ALWAYS come through.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lion70 said:

Low blow but then again better than losing in Bi Two years in a row

It was not a shot across your bow. Sounds like the first half of the game with Carthage was competitive. To beat Carthage this year you can't commit turnovers and give them a short field.  Henderson finished with a 11-3 record and ranked in the top ten. Congratulations and there is always next year dealing with George.😎😎😎😎😎

11 hours ago, Aggie98 said:

I just can't see any defense, even one as physically dominant as La Vega, holding this Carthage offense down for long. There's just no way to defend all the things Carthage can do on offense, consistently. And if La Vega plans on beating Carthage by running the football, well good luck with that.

X2.   La Vega can’t stretch the field they throw short screens and run the football.  They may try a deep ball but it’s a low percentage attempt.   They cannot score with us.  28 points last week and 33 the week before.  When they play a decent team they struggle.  Carthage is not decent,  we are the best.

42 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

I will say this. Under Surratt, Carthage has NEVER lost a BIG game in the playoffs where they were NOT heavily favored. In other words, most of our playoff losses were by teams who won in an upset (el campo, Lavega) and snuck up on us a little. When there are very little unknowns about our opponent and we have the talent, our coaching staff ALWAYS come through.

LaVega beat Carthage 39-3 in 2015 playoff game and Carthage was not heavily favored....

Dean1345 you are right, LeVega beat the stuffings out of the Dawgs in 2015. The Dawgs were missing 7 starters including K Ingram. LeVega was loaded with talent and had no injured players. 

I am not sure if the Dawgs could have beat them even with everyone healthy, but it sure as heck would have been 35 to 3.

Fast forward two years, now the Dawgs are loaded with DI talent and no one hurt  

I like our chances and here is something else to think about  

LeVega was blowing people out before the playoffs and now the last two teams have scored on them and showed their defense has some weaknesses  

the Dawg defense has gotten better and dominated their opponents in every playoff game  

Dawgs by 10

Lets Go Dawgs!!!!!

God Bless coaches, players, and fans.

51 minutes ago, dean1345 said:

It was not a shot across your bow. Sounds like the first half of the game with Carthage was competitive. To beat Carthage this year you can't commit turnovers and give them a short field.  Henderson finished with a 11-3 record and ranked in the top ten. Congratulations and there is always next year dealing with George.😎😎😎😎😎

👌👌👌💀💀💀💀💀🙀😿😿😿😿

1 hour ago, dean1345 said:

LaVega beat Carthage 39-3 in 2015 playoff game and Carthage was not heavily favored....

Definitely not favored in that game. That was supposed to be a building year and Surratt & Co may have done their best coaching job that year getting CHS all the way to the semifinals. 

The Dawgs were also missing a ton of key players that game and had been without K Ingram most of the year.

4 hours ago, trueblue32 said:

This just in...CarthDawg will be in the lounge suite at the stadium preparing his famous crow dish flambe' after Carthage destroys LaVega.  The presentation will be simulcast via the Food Network and Special seating will be given to Carthage haters 

This year that crow will be served  "Tar tar" with absolutely No  side dishes...Bon Apetite! 👌