6A Division II State Semi-Final: Longview (13-1) vs Hewitt Midway (14-0)

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (13-1) vs Hewitt Midway Panthers (14-0)  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Hewitt Midway in a close one
    • Hewitt Midway in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/17/2017 at 12:00 AM

1 hour ago, JTFAN99 said:

come on dude, don't go out like this 2 yrs in a row.  you got to take a step back and don't get to emotionally invested. Its just high school sports.

Yup this right here...took my heart out of Lobo football after 2010 season...

2 hours ago, LoboInAggieland said:

Whoever told you that doesn't need to be on here. 

2 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

I know, im still listening on my headphones, haven't moved from my couch yet. 

Last week the sun was shinning and he missed a field goal and 2 points. I'm not sure he would've done any better if it wasn't raining.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

gtee, I know you a SS fan. Come watch at 11 on Friday. 

Yessir I am! But them Friday games not gonna see. Don't get off til 6am!  Will catch the Saturday games doe...unless work calls

4 hours ago, gtee2 said:

Yup this right here...took my heart out of Lobo football after 2010 season...

its cool to love and support your team, but getting banned on Smoaky 2 yrs in a row after a loss probably means that you are taking things a little too serious. 

If you would have told me after the season opening win against Lufkin that this team would be playing in the semis I would have told you you'e crazy. Next year will be a fun year. King will only get better. He throws into double/triple coverage at times and it he pays for it but the job he did as a sophomore is remarkable. Longview always seems to have a good defense so i doubt they will have any issues replacing what they lose to graduation. Does the little running back return as well? I know Anderson does. Replacing Carter will be tough but something tells me there are a few other 6' 6" wide receivers in that program. Anyways next year should be fun. They probably will have a bullseye on their jerseys now. 

Longview throwing 34 times  in a playoff game in the pouring rain.

Says it all really. Now if we can just get our running game dominating again, we’ll be unstoppable. 

Next morning, I still believe we should’ve gone for the touchdown and time management again cost us. Not to mention all the little plays along the way.

Still, this team proved to everyone they can play toe to toe with absolutely anyone. It hurts knowing we should be at AT&T on Saturday. And yes, we’re going to have to replace a defense that kept us in a lot of ball games including last night. But I have no doubt we can be right back here next season if we come to play with the same heart and passion we did this year.

After a night to reflect on this game, it's one of the toughest losses I can remember a program facing. Felt the same way for Lufkin last week. Between KC, LP and Midway , these  young men gave  it their all , and was a play away from pulling off what some thought was a upset. But those who knew Longview, knows they don't  back down to anyone 

The bright side is the youth of this team and a QB that is going to kill it the next 2 years   

The abity to throw it now more than ever, and a chance to go deep again for a couple years

Last night was a hard pill to swallow, but the future is bright

This team accomplished a lot by playing together . Congrats to the 44 seniors you laid a foundation and a memory for a lifetime 

Thanks for the run,,, you made all of East Texas proud .

Lobo football will be back to finish the deal next season  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Even if he had caught it prolly would of been out of bounds King missed that throw the kid was wide open and also on the 2pt conversion he misses AC on the fade pass

It was in the 1st quarter and he was a yard inside the goal line. Nowhere close to being out of bounds. 

Ball was very wet so things like that happen but it was nowhere close to being out of bounds. js

Great year..but same issues.... just what it is.... kicking game in all forms is Kings downfall.... the falling in love with the false sense of security has killed king in playoffs...... it’s just a reality! Play calling should based on 4 plays to get a first down and less toss up plays calls to receivers triple teamed.... more short passes .... is what is and will not change....our fall back is” was a great season”  ... depends on your expectations. Will be hard to come even close to this level again...defense will be almost bare. Great season I guess compared to other teams but as far as longview.... another... another... another missed opportunity. But in today’s world... that’s good enough... side note... kids played as hard as they could! Just needed some help!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DTrump said:

It was in the 1st quarter and he was a yard inside the goal line. Nowhere close to being out of bounds. 

Ball was very wet so things like that happen but it was nowhere close to being out of bounds. js

No I’m talking bout the one on the 4th qtr that’s the one I’m talking about on the drive where he missed the first FG 

47 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

It helped but I really wanted Longview to win...woulda been fun to see a big East TX school at state....

Agree. We have had some small school vs big school wars on SDC, but I wanted Longview to make the state game bad. We push each other's buttons sometimes, but when it comes down to it Longview is our "big school". When I say "our" I mean all the small schools surrounding Longview in say a 30 mile radius. I include Carthage in the group. I pull for JT and Lufkin but I really don't have ties to either because they are far away. Longview is our metroplex, haha. 

Longview has a lot to look forward to. I know this one hurts, because heck it even hurts me. But the future is bright. The biggest thing is like 07 said. The passing game got going this year, and King is going to be there 2 more years. Already pretty dang good, but he will be an absolute stud the next 2 years.