Alto Head Coach

jacketgrad06

http://www.jacksonvilleprogress.com/sports/alto-searching-for-head-fb-coach-ad-gould-reassigned/article_dd6cd1d8-decf-11e7-87c6-bfedecd45ae7.html

I know that it is probably time for a change.

This is a great man and a great role model for his kids. Coach Gould, thank you. You have had to guide some young men through one of the toughest things you could imagine on a football field. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Use to know the coaches there at Alto and even knew the family of the one who died......very sad.....I know Coach Gould will land on his feet....AND good luck to "who-ever" gets this job....could be a "rough diamond"...that just needs to be polished.....I hope who ever the school gets that they will understand that there is TRADITION in Alto and they just need to find the right "match" to get the fire going again......75925!!!!

I’m not sure if any of the coaching staff applied, but I would bet it’s someone from outside the program. I think there will be some coaches stay, and adjust to the new coach. Alto was in every game, just need a little extra boost, Gould is a great guy and coach, it’s just time for a change in direction.

That's a good question spud, the committee isn't releasing any names....which down here we are only worried about one name and that's whose gonna get the job.....it's better nobody knows who is interviewed or up for it.....then you gotta listen to shoulda hired so and so instead of who u got....

603....THAT'S probably the BEST way to do it........I know back in 1988-9.....when they hired BMG....there were some pretty BIG names that were interviewed....ONE in particular was a coach that had JUST won a state championship.....and he was interviewing in ALTO?????.......there was ALL kind of "flack" for NOT hiring him.....BUt....BMG did a GREAT JOB and Alto STILL produces a good product.......BEST WISHES to WHO/WHOM ever gets this job!!!!

3 hours ago, spudaroo said:

So it is a done deal, other guys wasting their time?  Is that a good way to do business?  Sounds like it is not going to be a popular name with the whole community.

Not sure what you are talking about, no one has the job yet, the interviews will decide that. Seems like you are butt hurt about something, the best guy will get the job.....

4 hours ago, spudaroo said:

So it is a done deal, other guys wasting their time?  Is that a good way to do business?  Sounds like it is not going to be a popular name with the whole community.

Dk how u got that impression out of what anyone has said, they don't have any particular person or persons....like I said before they are not saying anything....but I can guaruntee u that everyone is getting a fair shake, that's why you have interviews.....someone can go in there and blow there minds....and as far as the community I'm dumbfounded to where you got that???? Unless someone has told you something I'm not aware of but nothing cave dweller or alto44 or me have said anything to what you just posted

Spudaroo Even for you to ask whose interviewing is ridiculous, it doesn't matter who is....the 10 best coaches in there minds are interviewing. Once they actually pick whatever coach they decide on is the only name is what matters....may it be someone from China or from New York it doesn't matter....the people in the position to make the decision were put in that place to do so....

Well I took what he said as the only guy that matters is the final guy, and it’s better for the committee if they are the only people who know the other applicants. So they don’t have to hear why not this, or you should have done this instead. Hindsight is always 20/20.

32 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

Would at least like to see a list of "Finalist" for this coveted job.

Good luck, they might tell after they hire the new coach, I can’t find out much of anything. I’m not real sure why it’s top secret, but I guess we’ll find out together.

8 minutes ago, Alto44 said:

Good luck, they might tell after they hire the new coach, I can’t find out much of anything. I’m not real sure why it’s top secret, but I guess we’ll find out together.

Go to administration office and ask for one they have to get you one within 10 days