What's the difference in 60 points and 63 points?

neveragain

I'm not trying to stir anything up, but I see Refugio getting called classless for scoring 63 and nothing about Tenaha scoring 60.  Is that a double standard based on who you are pulling for?  All 4 teams in this semifinal have beaten other teams by large margins all year long....it comes with being really good.  Lord knows teams I've supported have been hammered before and it doesn't feel good, but I guess it is up to us to figure out a way to keep it from happening.

The reason for the difference is that Refugio threw with a little over a minute to play to get that last touchdown. However, I am sure the reason that they did so was because SA was playing a little dirty. They were throwing punches at one of Refugio's best players and didn't get caught. Refugio coach got a penalty trying to take up for his player and for the refs missing the punches.

2 minutes ago, wooderson said:

The reason for the difference is that Refugio threw with a little over a minute to play to get that last touchdown. However, I am sure the reason that they did so was because SA was playing a little dirty. They were throwing punches at one of Refugio's best players and didn't get caught. Refugio coach got a penalty trying to take up for his player and for the refs missing the punches.

Throw punches? Get it ran up on. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aggie98 said:

People got mad when refurrio ran it up on Waskom a few years ago. Then Waskom went baaaack to baaaack ...... and they ain't mad no mo.

Waskom must have learned a thing or two after that game. They ran it up on everybody their first SC year.

10 minutes ago, TxBroadcaster said:

Did anyone check on the SA team? Do they need any counselling? Will their lives be altered by this at all? Prayers for them.

Complaining about a team running up the score is stupid 

You the same dude that picked Van over Carthage for the state title in preseason? 

2 hours ago, neveragain said:

I'm not trying to stir anything up, but I see Refugio getting called classless for scoring 63 and nothing about Tenaha scoring 60.  Is that a double standard based on who you are pulling for?  All 4 teams in this semifinal have beaten other teams by large margins all year long....it comes with being really good.  Lord knows teams I've supported have been hammered before and it doesn't feel good, but I guess it is up to us to figure out a way to keep it from happening.

Refugio called a timeout on 3rd & 7 with 1:17 to play so that they could call the right pass play. 

2 hours ago, Aggie98 said:

People got mad when refurrio ran it up on Waskom a few years ago. Then Waskom went baaaack to baaaack ...... and they ain't mad no mo.

Yes they are!

2 hours ago, tdJesus said:

Waskom must have learned a thing or two after that game. They ran it up on everybody their first SC year.

Waskom didn’t call timeouts at the end of the games just to score more points.

42 minutes ago, TxBroadcaster said:

Also the same dude that picked Kemp to make it to Semi-Finals..win some lose some. 

Kemp was a great sleeper pick. But Van? Lol, I know the more bold you go the more brilliant you preseason pickers look....so I get it. To me Van always seems to blow through their weak non-district schedules and pretty weak district to 9-1 or 10-0 with a good offensive showing with little to no defense being showcased, only to get bounced round 1 or round 2 at the first sign of a decent opponent.  But considering what they had coming back I could see where one might be a little ballsier picking them. Just out of curiousity.....who were your 4A D2 picks in the final?

7 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Tatum fans sure whined about a timeout to score another TD.  But, it was only halftime

I'm 100% for a team playing a full 2 quarters no matter how superior their team is to their oponent whether they score 50 or 76 in those 2 quarters. But put the scrubs in on at least offense during the 2nd half if it's too out of hand....if the back ups keep running it up on simple dive plays then by all means....bust 90. Can't just lay down.

And that year you're talking about.....yeah, the butthurt was strong within me for him calling a timeout with seconds left to punch 63 at the half....but I'm okay with what he did.....still had me all pissy at the time though lmao

To me it depends on who scored the points?  Starters or backups?  If its starters scoring these points late in game then its a lack of class on the part of the coach.  If its backups, and your starting defense is giving up those points in a state semifinal or any other game for that matter, then all i got to say is Tough!  Get better or keep getting embarrassed.