Pleasant Grove vs WOS state final

orangethunder1

Pleasant Grove vs WOS  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• (15-0) Pleasant Grove Hawks
    • (13-0) West Orange-Stark Mustangs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/22/2017 at 08:00 PM

I think the Hawks have spoken for themselves. All the hype? Believe it. Tradition is great, but right now, we are “The Man”, because we beat the Man. Every. One. 

Congrats to WOS on a great game. The fans in the stands were looking like they were giving up. Chaka did his best, but the Hawks were up to the task. 

No crow, just humble pie being served. 

On 12/18/2017 at 11:25 AM, CF21 said:

Offense

wos will have to rely on the big play against PG because they have not demonstrated an ability to drive the field. They will also have to throw the ball, which is something they are not very good at, because the running game will be "unavailable". They will need short fields and luck to score on offense.

PG has demonstrated they can move the football on every defense they have played this season. They can grind out long drives or hit a home run. They have 4 high quaility runners that may have the ball in their hand on every play. They also have a VERY underrated passing attack. I'm not saying they're Gilmer, but they are definitely well above average. 

Defense

wos is incredible on defense, it is the foundation of their long standing success. They will have to play flawless disciplined defense and try to push PG into being uncomfortable. Should be a dog fight in the trenches and a battle of wills. 

PG is strong. Their front seven will have a definite advantage over the mustang o'line. I would not look for them to try to pressure the wos offense and create gaps since the QB is not as much of a threat to throw as he is to run. I think PG will play a contained pass rush and possibly spy the QB. I think the same game plan they used on the LE QB will work here even though the LE quarterback is a much better passer. 

My take:

I believe that the game will not be a blowout, but it will not be close. If anyone watched the Carthage vs Henderson game a few weeks ago, it never really felt like Carthage was blowing Henderson out, yet the score ended up 35-0. Both of these teams are outstanding or they would not be here, but I think that PG is a perfect storm this season. Everything has come together at precisely the right time. Last time I saw wos under the pressure of feeling outmatched( 2nd half of the Gilmer game), they made a lot of mistakes and lost their composure. I think in the middle of the second quarter, wos is going to realize they are outmatched and things are going to snowball. Mistakes will turn into points for PG and a stalled offense will cause wos to try some trick plays or fake punts. wos has fought through adversity in the playoffs this season, but will not be able to rely on the 99.9 yard QB sneak or the punt return that takes 10 minutes to score in this game. 

1                2             3             4

PG                         7               14           14           7               42

wos                       0               7              0            7                14

Obviously, I was totally wrong about how this game would play out. 😜😎

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Excuse me but PG runs the super special Slot T.  No one else has ever run the super special Slot T in the history of football and rumor has it they have installed a super duper special Slot T, for this game only. 

Worked well didn't it?

10 minutes ago, Buckeyebaseball21 said:

I would hope but didnt...He made some great throws under pressure and was behind 2 of Coles Td

Agreed. Congratulations to PG! Without that QB they don't win the game. He played great. Did he have 300 yards? WOS  was definitely not ready for that Passing game.

1 minute ago, Eagleborn said:

@Eagle8 and @MrBuddyGarrity and a few others will confirm but I called this back in early September. 

💯💯💯

Lol, yeah. I thought it would be Jasper who had the only oline that i thought could possibly match up with their front 7. As soon as they went down I figured PG would win it all. For what it's worth I picked PG to win district in August lol.

Congrats Hawks on a story book season. I'm proud of you and for you.