Aggie98

Kennedale vs Carthage  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• (14-1) Kennedale Wildcats
    • (15-0) Carthage Bulldogs

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, ndn99 said:

Great points.   I completely forgot about Blackshire's injury that he played with most of the season.  

Gotta give the #1 spot to Morgan because he earned 2 championships while playing QB.

Plus he was the best runner on top of being an excellent passer. State Championship record 6 TD’s in 2010. My first instinct is to give him the nod.

19 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

Plus he was the best runner on top of being an excellent passer. State Championship record 6 TD’s in 2010. My first instinct is to give him the nod.

If Morgan had Capps' size, barring injury, he would now be playing on sundays.

Give me:

1:Morgan

2:Bogie

3: Blackshire

4:  Jared Blissett

5:  Joey Blissett

6:  Capps ( he has 1 more yr to move up.  Looked like Troy Aikman yesterday)

7:  Davis

With a 16-0 season now complete, I think it's safe to say this Dawg team is the most complete team we've ever fielded, with 2008 being right behind them.  The reason i give this years team the nod is simple, Defense.  By the time we had made it to the title game in 2008 we could see glimpses of what would become our greatest Defense ever in 2009, but they werent quite there yet.  So imo the offenses of 2008 and 2017 are a push, with perhaps a slight edge going to the 2017 squad.  And while the 2008 Defense was very solid, these boys in 2017 were better, namely because of the linebackers and secondary.

23 hours ago, sfacujackcat said:

It was over before it began. Surratt will keep on scoring and probably put up 70 if he has a chance. 

Apart from being over before it began, the rest of this statement is not even close to being right.  Have you ever watched a carthage bulldog game?  I challenge you to tell me how many times we've scored 70 on an opponent under Surratt.

Since it's Christmas i'll help you out, that number would be 0.  Please dont run your mouth off about things you know absolutely nothing about.  Smh

For the best teams I’d rank them like this:

1. 2017 Most complete team

2. 2008 Dominant OL & RB

3. 2010 Great QB, WRs & OL

4. 2013 Great QB & shifty RB

5. 2009 Great QB & defense

6. 2016 Most overachieving team 

7. 1991 If Surratt had been here then......

For the best QB I’d rank them like this:

1. Anthony Morgan

2. Blake Bogenschutz

3. Si’Darius Blackshire

4. Joey Blissett

5. Gunner Capps

6. Kason Davis

7. Jared Blissett

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DAWG91 said:

If Morgan had Capps' size, barring injury, he would now be playing on sundays.

Give me:

1:Morgan

2:Bogie

3: Blackshire

4:  Jared Blissett

5:  Joey Blissett

6:  Capps ( he has 1 more yr to move up.  Looked like Troy Aikman yesterday)

7:  Davis

Of the ones I’ve seen.

1a/b.  Bogey/Morgan

3.  Blackshire

4.a/b. Davis/Capps

6.  Blissett..  I never saw the older blisset.

44 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

For the best teams I’d rank them like this:

1. 2017 Most complete team

2. 2008 Dominant OL & RB

3. 2010 Great QB, WRs & OL

4. 2013 Great QB & shifty RB

5. 2009 Great QB & defense

6. 2016 Most overachieving team 

7. 1991 If Surratt had been here then......

For the best QB I’d rank them like this:

1. Anthony Morgan

2. Blake Bogenschutz

3. Si’Darius Blackshire

4. Joey Blissett

5. Gunner Capps

6. Kason Davis

7. Jared Blissett

In your first list I’d include the 15 team as overachieving.  They were decimated and rather one dimensional.  Prolly surrats best coaching year to even sniff the semis

Jared Blissett had a cannon. Nothing against those teams, but he had the least talent around him and no run game for 2 years except 3-4 when Keaontay was healthy his sophomore year. His 4 games in the playoffs in 2015 were some of the best QB play we have seen. Put him on any  of the teams yall are mentioning and he wins a title.

Capps still has another year. His junior season IMO was better than Morgan's junior season. So let's see what happens. 

But I think you could never get everybody to agree. Many different opinions. All of them have been great. Surratt can coach the QB position. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Jared Blissett had a cannon. Nothing against those teams, but he had the least talent around him and no run game for 2 years except 3-4 when Keaontay was healthy his sophomore year. His 4 games in the playoffs in 2015 were some of the best QB play we have seen. Put him on any  of the teams yall are mentioning and he wins a title.

Capps still has another year. His junior season IMO was better than Morgan's junior season. So let's see what happens. 

But I think you could never get everybody to agree. Many different opinions. All of them have been great. Surratt can coach the QB position. 

Ain’t that the truth

2 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

You just can't do it. Too many. I know that Pipkin, Ingram, and Briggs lead the all-time rushing list in that order. That's not saying they are the best, just stating the facts.

You can't make a top 5 list without leaving some really good ones out!  

I would go with, in no particular order:

Bayless, Briggs, D. Smith, H. Holland, and of course K. Ingram

28 minutes ago, ndn99 said:

You can't make a top 5 list without leaving some really good ones out!  

I would go with, in no particular order:

Bayless, Briggs, D. Smith, H. Holland, and of course K. Ingram

Funny story about H. Holland. After we played Brownwood in "The Game", people that were sitting with us and on some of the other boards were very surprised that A. Morgan and H. Holland were white. I always got a kick outta that. Still makes me laugh when the people we were sitting with finally said it. You could tell they didn't know if they should say or not.