Newton vs Gunter 3A DII STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

NewtonNation

Who takes the title?   

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the title?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/22/2017 at 12:30 AM

9 minutes ago, wingtveer said:

Why did they move the broadcast??😟😟 says they play at 7 thurs but air ( I guess a taping ) it at 8 am fri. No no no 

They moved the live broadcast to a different channel.  I'm not sure if everyone will have the FSSW alternate channel.  Ive seen people with Dish saying they have the alternate.  The reason is a Stars game at 7:30 on FSSW.  I'm sure they have a much bigger deal with the NHL or the Stars than they do with the UIL!

3 minutes ago, wingtveer said:

Don't have dish. I've got direct tv. Guess I'll have to listen on the radio and tape it for later. Bummer 

thanks for the info though 

I bet DirectTV will have the FSSW alternate channels.

Just now, Pax said:

I bet DirectTV will have the FSSW alternate channels.

I've tried them but guess they're not part of my pkg. it justs spins a direct tv logo and plays music. What's a tiger fan to do. I'm gonna have to avoid people til fri 5:00 pm then watch the taping after work. 

13 hours ago, NewtonNation said:

Here's a fun fact: 

Newton turnovers: 4 lost fumbles & 6 interceptions for the season. 

Gunter turnovers: 15 lost fumbles & 2 interceptions for the season. 

17 turnovers to 10.  I wouldn't consider that a huge difference (both low) - especially not when you consider that 10 of Gunter's turnovers have been committed by backups and assuming #7 and #45 are Newton backups, 3 of their 10 were committed by backups, so the players that will actually be handling the ball in this game (I seriously doubt either team's backups will be playing!) have turned the ball over 7 times each.  Basically, neither team really turns the ball over much - both averaging half a turnover per game considering only starters. 

5 minutes ago, wingtveer said:

I've tried them but guess they're not part of my pkg. it justs spins a direct tv logo and plays music. What's a tiger fan to do. I'm gonna have to avoid people til fri 5:00 pm then watch the taping after work. 

That's what the alternate channels always do - until there is programming on there.  There isn't constant programming on those channels - just when they need it when there is a conflict - such as a Stars game coinciding with a state championship game.

18 minutes ago, Pax said:

That's what the alternate channels always do - until there is programming on there.  There isn't constant programming on those channels - just when they need it when there is a conflict - such as a Stars game coinciding with a state championship game.

Cool. Hope so. And might I add if I ever get the chance , I'm gonna buy you a big ol cup of coffee Pax. 

You are the man on here !!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, JasonDellaRosa said:

If kids aren't nominated then you can't vote for them

Newton nominated several of them. Middle linebacker from Newton was 1st all-state last year and is having just as good of a season as last year. def. back from Newton was leading the state with interceptions. neither even got honorable mention. Newton's halfback got honorable mention all-state. Newton has 3 kids with D1 offers. Just politics.JMO

Two great teams will meet this week, both are ferocious and neither is meek; 

The Eagles have been there and done that for sure, but the Tigers are about to show up to their second consecutive tour;

Can the Eagles fly high enough to escape that Gunter D or will the Tigers prowl with precision, I guess we will have to see;

After all it is the State Championship that is at stake, both teams must play their best and never take their foot off of the brake;

This game is just like so many being played at AT&T, however this is the one that I prefer to see;

I am just a football fan and like you I cannot wait until every fall, but until next year, Merry Christmas to everyone and Happy New Year to Y'all!

:football:

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, micotrav said:

Two great teams will meet this week, both are ferocious and neither is meek; 

The Eagles have been there and done that for sure, but the Tigers are about to show up to their second consecutive tour;

Can the Eagles fly high enough to escape that Gunter D or will the Tigers prowl with precision, I guess we will have to see;

After all it is the State Championship that is at stake, both teams must play their best and never take their foot off of the brake;

This game is just like so many being played at AT&T, however this is the one that I prefer to see;

I am just a football fan and like you I cannot wait until every fall, but until next year, Merry Christmas to everyone and Happy New Year to Y'all!

:football:

Back at you micro. You have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year too !!

55 minutes ago, JasonDellaRosa said:

The only Newton kids on the ballot on offense were the running back and the quarterback.

There were no Newton kids on the ballot on the defense.

So please don't tell me kids were nominated when they obviously weren't.

Funny Gunter #4 Clopton was first team all state last year and he is a better player this year but only managed honorable mention.  Who nominates?

4 hours ago, wingtveer said:

Worse comes to worse you could always watch it on https://www.foxsportsgo.com/ 

That's my plan I don't have tv so I'm going to stream it online.