4A AP All State Team

Eagleborn

Based on the regular season..........playoffs don't count..................Guys from all over the state vote, so they can't see everyone play...........Based on voting on guys near them and/or stats.....................Best player doesn't always get selected first team and that is understandable

I discontinued posting on this site the week prior to the playoffs, but seeing who isn't on this team requires that I make a brief appearance to state again this year that the AP's All-State teams are a joke.  If they can't do better than this due to factors such as those described above by cotton84, they should discontinue naming All-State teams. 

57 minutes ago, leadbrute said:

I discontinued posting on this site the week prior to the playoffs, but seeing who isn't on this team requires that I make a brief appearance to state again this year that the AP's All-State teams are a joke.  If they can't do better than this due to factors such as those described above by cotton84, they should discontinue naming All-State teams. 

Good to see you back!  Like others have mentioned this All State team is just the first to come out.  Their selection process is flawed.  The ones published in Jan will be more realistic and will take on the entire body of work during the season and not just the first 10 games.

Still wondering, are the coaches sent a nomination form, or is it just up to them to nominate?

Either way, it makes the team not really meaningful, regardless of who drops the ball. It’s the best players who were nominated by their coach and that the AP has heard of...

9 hours ago, cotton84 said:

Based on the regular season..........playoffs don't count..................Guys from all over the state vote, so they can't see everyone play...........Based on voting on guys near them and/or stats.....................Best player doesn't always get selected first team and that is understandable

It is understandable?

7 hours ago, leadbrute said:

Amen, it's a travisty.