State Championship Games Thread

Eagleborn

1 hour ago, DTrump said:

So the coach shouldn't ask the ortho "how stable is the kids knee"?

IDK but he would've had to practice for me. Show me it was ready to go.

Seen kids play with torn meniscus all season.

BTW, the kid has parents, or a guardian, I would assume. If it’s my kid, the coach isn’t playing him without me speaking to the Dr.

2 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

The athletic trainer should have complete autonomy with the med staff (if consulted) when making a determination if an injured kid can play without any influence from a coach or other school employee 

and I agree.  I’ve held kids out until Wednesday and they had to prove they could go at least 80% in the walkthrough and show improvement in game day warm ups before I would allow it.  I would have also had them in a heavy duty brace if I had concerns....

on The contrary, a meniscus injury doesn’t cause instability in the same way an ACL would.  You are basically dealing with a small piece of cartilage that is injured that causes pain and swelling and discomfort to the point that your knee “gives out”.  But it would be hard to further injure the knee because of it 

Well, I was wrong. He had gone through all the protocol during the week.

Ohio State: Even injured, Matthew Baldwin shows why Buckeyes want ...

51 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

Seen kids play with torn meniscus all season.

BTW, the kid has parents, or a guardian, I would assume. If it’s my kid, the coach isn’t playing him without me speaking to the Dr.

This QB just signed his "Letter of Intent" with Ohio State.

Probably isn't sitting to well with ole Urban no matter if weekly protocol was adhered to. The kid just left the Semi Final game a week earlier with said injury.

Poor judgement all around !

Period...

Just now, RandyJohnson said:

This QB just signed his "Letter of Intent" with Ohio State.

Probably isn't sitting to well with ole Urban no matter if weekly protocol was adhered to. The kid just left the Semi Final game a week earlier with said injury.

Poor judgement all around !

Period...

^^I agree with this. It's hard to believe his knee was as stable as he said it was in the article.

4 hours ago, Lion70 said:

Great Championships. 

Saw one yard short and back to back pick 6. Saw two teams dedication to two kids was awesome. So happy for pleasant Grove always fun seeing a team win it's first State Championship especially when you have Liberty Eylau and Texas high to look up to.Two massive winning steaks Gunter and West Orange stark are over. College Station over Aledo was a surprise especially amazing they been in existence for only four years.

It’s actually more common than you think for upstart football programs to win state around their 4-5 year point of existence. Melissa won their state title in their 5th year of existence and Brock (even though school already existed) added football to athletics and quickly struck gold as well. Something about the gel of those first senior group of kids that becomes magical.

1 hour ago, NTXballgamer11 said:

It’s actually more common than you think for upstart football programs to win state around their 4-5 year point of existence. Melissa won their state title in their 5th year of existence and Brock (even though school already existed) added football to athletics and quickly struck gold as well. Something about the gel of those first senior group of kids that becomes magical.

I saw this with Mansfield Lakeridge. That first or second group of seniors have played alot of varsity ball by they time they become seniors. That take beatings as underclassman but it pays off at the end (assuming you have a good coaching from the start).