Sooners 2018 Thread

Mr. P

10 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Not crazy about it.

The guy has one season as a Power 5 DC and let’s be honest. Saban is the DC.

It’s like hiring the DC of the Patriots. You aren’t getting the person who makes it successful.

Yeah, I dig what you're saying. 

It seems like Lincoln is hoping to hire himself. Like, he thinks of Golding is a young innovative mind similar to him. The only problem is, like you said,  he doesn't have a thick resume. 

Granted, he's done pretty good work everywhere he's been prior to 'Bama, but color me not impressed with success at UT-San Antonio, Delta State, and the South Central Louisiana Mud Dogs.

11 minutes ago, AKA said:

Yeah, I dig what you're saying. 

It seems like Lincoln is hoping to hire himself. Like, he thinks of Golding is a young innovative mind similar to him. The only problem is, like you said,  he doesn't have a thick resume. 

Granted, he's done pretty good work everywhere he's been prior to 'Bama, but color me not impressed with success at UT-San Antonio, Delta State, and the South Central Louisiana Mud Dogs.

I just don’t know if Riley should take a chance like that with a defensive guy.

He needs a proven, established DC. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Not crazy about it.

The guy has one season as a Power 5 DC and let’s be honest. Saban is the DC.

It’s like hiring the DC of the Patriots. You aren’t getting the person who makes it successful.

Be interesting to see if anybody goes after the Iowa State DC after the season.  He's been a HC before, but I think at lower division of college football.  Very underrated DC.

22 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Be interesting to see if anybody goes after the Iowa State DC after the season.  He's been a HC before, but I think at lower division of college football.  Very underrated DC.

He's the one that I want. His defenses consistently slowdown and shutdown Big XII offenses. And that's with 2-star and 3-star athletes. I can only imagine what he could do with access to OU's recruits. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, AKA said:

He's the one that I want. His defenses consistently slowdown and shutdown Big XII offenses. And that's with 2-star and 3-star athletes. I can only imagine what he could do with access to OU's recruits. 

That's ol' Peacock, ain't it?

• Mr. P locked this topic