Longhorns 2018 Thread

• Mr. P changed the title to Longhorns 2018 Thread

Both Oklahoma schools, TCU, Iowa State, and Tech will all be breaking in new QB's next year and maybe USC??

Maryland loses its entire from 7 on defense to graduation and a couple of DB's.  Only significant returnees for Maryland I see are all 5 OL and both the RB's.  No telling what that QB situation will be like.

4 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Both Oklahoma schools, TCU, Iowa State, and Tech will all be breaking in new QB's next year and maybe USC??

Maryland loses its entire from 7 on defense to graduation and a couple of DB's.  Only significant returnees for Maryland I see are all 5 OL and both the RB's.  No telling what that QB situation will be like.

Just put in the 3rd string guy!

Texas signee Damarvion Overshown has been receiving rave reviews in Florida at UA practices. 

PNG QB and 2019 commit Rochaun Johnson  just got down there for the future 50 and has given an interview saying he won't talk to any other schools and will be recruiting hard for the Longhorns. He plans to enroll early next January. 

2 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

Uncle Red cashing checks!! 😂🤘🏼

Ossai was a HEAVY A&M lean just two days ago... seriously not even close to debatable as even most Texas mods had written him off. This one is another Brandon jones special. 

Offensively I understand a kid not wanting to come to Texas they were terrible this year.  However if you're a defensive player I would want to play for Orlando.  Every last one of the defensive guys that left this year took a huge jump from where they were under strong who was a defensive coach.  So for Orlando to come in year one and have that type of success especially when your offense left you out to dry says something.  So maybe uncle red has something to do with guys changing their minds who knows but I'd bet just as much credit is pointing in Orlando's direction.  

44 minutes ago, oldschool32 said:

Offensively I understand a kid not wanting to come to Texas they were terrible this year.  However if you're a defensive player I would want to play for Orlando.  Every last one of the defensive guys that left this year took a huge jump from where they were under strong who was a defensive coach.  So for Orlando to come in year one and have that type of success especially when your offense left you out to dry says something.  So maybe uncle red has something to do with guys changing their minds who knows but I'd bet just as much credit is pointing in Orlando's direction.  

I completely agree if they gradually “see the light” and Orlando and the staff put in work and it pays off. But to go from every single expert on both sides and nationally thinking you sign with one team, then in the middle of a dead period where you can’t be recruited face to face the kid just instantly goes from a heavy lean to the opposite direction? And this has happened several times over the last 6-7 classes? Yea I’m not buying it. And if the tables were turned I would give just as much credit to the A&M money guys. 

6 hours ago, WETSU said:

Ossai was a HEAVY A&M lean just two days ago... seriously not even close to debatable as even most Texas mods had written him off. This one is another Brandon jones special. 

Not sure which Texas mods you get your info from but you should stop listening to them. 

The guys I get my info from have been saying Ossai was 50/50 but probably going to ATM depending on the DC hire. Well ATM flub another DC hire and here we have another Malik situation. Ossai is still probably going to ATM. 

LB DaShaun White is going to be another one. ATM mods think it's ATM vs OU but Texas has as good a shot as the other 2. 

After NSD1 you didn't even know Texas was in on Vernon Jackson. The insider info from ATM mods very rarely mentions When Texas has a shot at recruits and then when a kid picks Texas it's not because Texas was always in it and just won a recruiting battle, it's because Uncle Red paid for the recruits. The aggies should demand better from their mods instead of giving them the easy way out by blaming a 90 year old man. 

7 hours ago, WETSU said:

I’ve been reading for two weeks that it’s turning in Texas’ Favor, but it was still close.

from all accounts it was a 60/40 battle in aTm’s favor to start

2019 OT Kenyon Green at the Future 50 UA all star week. 

“I have a bunch of friends that are in that Texas recruiting class, so they’re going to push me hard,” said Kenyon Green, a 5-star offensive tackle from Humble Atascocita and a former LSU commit. “I’ve known Keondre Coburn my whole life. He’s already on me to get down there and help rebuild the program with them.”

The Texas DBs put on a show at the UA game tonight! Foster and Overshown particularly looked great! Coburn looked a a guy that could play the Poona roll. 

Ingram, Epps, and Jamison had some flashes but didn't get much run. Woodard had 2 nice grabs. AA played some LB but didn't record and stats. 

• Mr. P locked this topic