Official National Championship Thread

Lobo97

38 minutes ago, DTrump said:

Was the Georgia receiver out of bounds on the long TD pass? The guys in the booth thought so.

I agree the officials were poor but did they call every holding that either team committed?

The guys in the booth wanted Bama to win, it was obvious just listening to them.

2 hours ago, Lion70 said:

That always happens heck even happened with Texas especially during the Mack brown era. Comes with winning but no one is trying to make bama win. Missed calls happen all the time and the Tide deserved to win.

You’re blind if you don’t think the refs didn’t favor Bama.  It was blatant imo.  Georgia didn’t help the matter going stupidly conservative the entire second half.  You can’t squat on a 13 point lead.  

19 minutes ago, Lion70 said:

Ok if you say so wait you told me you didn't watch the game. :headbang:

Y’all kept talking about how good it was I watched the second half.  Georgia was pathetic offensively there.  I watched a replay to see how they even scored 13 in the first half.  It’s like they completely swapped gameplans from 1st to 2nd half.  

20 minutes ago, Lion70 said:

Bet if Texas was in that position all of sudden it would be ok. Showing your Big 12 biased a tad much.

What does the refs helping Bama have to do with the big12?  

I will I’ll say that OU choked away the rose bowl and would’ve been a better matchup for Bama.  They’d have scored more than 20 in regulation on them.  But OU choked away the opportunity

5 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

His foot was touching a player who was clearly OOB, therefore, he was OOB. TD should have come back and the sideline interference flag enforced from the end of the run. It’s all good though. Best team in the country won. Your third party sideshow team will have to try again next year. 

horse manure ... :woot:

Where did you hear that one? CNN? ... :lol:

48 minutes ago, Lion70 said:

The Texas Aggies are older than all of us put together nothing fictional about it and been told repeatedly to you. Why do you struggle with this? Why do you care being a Texas fan? ( That's not weird at all) . 

Evidently the only ones struggling with it is you.  Since you want so bad to be something you’re not.  Even the mods here changed the title of your thread calling your team the wrong name.  

How about the fighting junction boys of college station.  I don’t think anybody would laugh at that.  

Dont be ashamed of your own history.  

I’ll say it with you

texas

a&m

university

aggies

see how hard was that?

you could go by A&MCofT Aggies 

1 hour ago, ETXfan16 said:

UCF beat Auburn though...

I believe at least a couple of recognized rating organization need to vote UCF #1 before they should be able to make any sort of claim.  However, they can do what they want, I don't care.  If UCF wanted to claim #1, then the SEC should claim 1o more championships, click and see!

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-football/10-titles-sec-should-claim/ 

17 minutes ago, RedCreek49 said:

I believe at least a couple of recognized rating organization need to vote UCF #1 before they should be able to make any sort of claim.  However, they can do what they want, I don't care.  If UCF wanted to claim #1, then the SEC should claim 1o more championships, click and see!

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-football/10-titles-sec-should-claim/ 

I think it's real stupid for UCF to claim themselves national champions. I'm almost embarrassed for them. But they did have an undefeated season and beat Auburn, the only team Bama lost too. Would they beat Bama? Probably not, but to claim their schedule was easy is dumb. 50 of those players were also on the 0-12 squad. It speaks volumes of their coaching and development, not that they had a weak schedule. 

Edit: And by probably I mean no chance.

Just now, ETXfan16 said:

This year was confusing for him because he didn't know who to root for :lol:

It was an easy choice for him.  Georgia of course.  Bama is daddy, he’s defiant of his daddy.  

If the aggies ever leave the sec he’ll start saying Texas Aggies and Roll Aggies

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

This year was confusing for him because he didn't know who to root for :lol:

Neither. He didn't have to watch the game- he went to bed happy knowing that an SEC won. Haha nah, Lion's alright... Off the wall sometimes, but he's an okay person. 

I was cheering for a good, physical football game. Got that in the 4th quarter and overtime. 

38 minutes ago, Lion70 said:

Just don't worry about it and I call them the Texas Aggies if I dang well please.  Wasn't a wrong name cause been confirmed with facts that you can look up. Mods shouldn't really changed it but wanted to prevent you getting upset like it matters. I for one will call them Texas Aggies from here on out. It's not degrading nor is it fiction. 

Mods shouldn’t let you start topics on this forum, but we are nice and we do :)

• LOL! 1

7 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

In Lion's defense, I do think it was pretty gutless to change his thread title simply because a few people were triggered over it. But to each their own. 

Nobody’s triggered except the Aggies who don’t understand why it’s thought to be stupid by everybody that isn’t an aggy.

18 minutes ago, Lion70 said:

What how would I be upset? 

1. I am a Aggie fan

2. I am the posted it

3. You replied into a hissy fit. 

Far from stupid seeing how Texas Aggies been around since probably Ww1. I mean even the band calls themselves the Fighting Texas Aggies. 

Haha, yes. That's the funny thing. You made that thread and the whole first page is people melting down over you saying that and then retroactively saying "Well we only thought it was stupid!"

The band is STILL called the Fightin' Texas Aggie band. The "Texas" in Fightin' Texas Aggies isn't the school name and has nothing to do with it. It's the team name. The team name isn't only "Aggies", but it's commonly referred to as such because it's easier to say. Same way Delaware calls themselves "Hens" or "Blue Hens" or Notre Dame say "Go Irish!" Easier to say than "Fighting Blue Hens" or "Fighting Irish". It's even in the fight song... "Good luck to dear old Texas Aggies"... Again... team name, not school name (which is Texas A&M).