Diana coach

Destry

3 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Unless you are a pitcher or a catcher then it is perfectly fine for you to lift weights on a baseball game day. I wouldn’t do it if I had high school athletics last period, but if you lift weights at 11 then you will be fine by 6:30 to play a baseball game.

100% fact. These cats on here complaining about lifting on gameday are the same ones that think their sons(players) have a chance to play in the big leagues at 5’8” 155. If you’re not at least 6’0” 200 and can run like the wind, you can forget the bigs. There are a few exceptions, but not many 

12 hours ago, UnclePig said:

Sounds to me like you need to move out of Texas chief. Football is king here and it will still be king when you and I are pushing up tulips 

I'm not sure what I put that makes you think I'm unhappy living in Texas. I was born here and I'll die here, and I am by no means a chief. Just a football coach that likes to see other sports treated fairly. I know, it's a radical idea, but those other coaches care about their sports just as much as football coaches and some put in a lot of hours as well.

5 hours ago, NewBallCoach said:

I'm not sure what I put that makes you think I'm unhappy living in Texas. I was born here and I'll die here, and I am by no means a chief. Just a football coach that likes to see other sports treated fairly. I know, it's a radical idea, but those other coaches care about their sports just as much as football coaches and some put in a lot of hours as well.

I 100% agree with you bro, I’m just trying to get across the fact that weight training is extremely beneficial, on game day or not(pitchers being exception) for all sports. I mean look at MLB and NBA players. 

2 hours ago, UnclePig said:

I 100% agree with you bro, I’m just trying to get across the fact that weight training is extremely beneficial, on game day or not(pitchers being exception) for all sports. I mean look at MLB and NBA players. 

Great move, indeed!  Continuity is important!  to your point UnclePig  Certainly one can cite benefits to lifting on game day.  Sure MLB and NBA players do it but not all and it is a personal preference.  It is also comparing apples to oranges.  You are talking about elite athletes under very professional supervision.  On the other hand, we are talking about high school (growing and developing) athletes.    It is hit or miss depending on the program on the kind of supervision, expertise, and knowledge coaches have in the weight room where there will be at the minimum maybe 30 or more kids. 

However, I think there would be better buy-in if football lifts on game day as well.  It is truly a DOUBLE STANDARD.  There is no arguing that football is King in Texas and will always be until the day you and I are both dead and buried.  My question to you is why such a backlash to suggest that baseball/basketball players should not lift on game days?  What is the harm in allowing them the option to not lift on the day they will perform in a game that the desired outcome is a win and that a man's job is perhaps on the line per that performance?  Does the HC of that program not have a say? I know the answer to this question but I would like to hear yours.

26 minutes ago, NoMawbles said:

Great move, indeed!  Continuity is important!  to your point UnclePig  Certainly one can cite benefits to lifting on game day.  Sure MLB and NBA players do it but not all and it is a personal preference.  It is also comparing apples to oranges.  You are talking about elite athletes under very professional supervision.  On the other hand, we are talking about high school (growing and developing) athletes.    It is hit or miss depending on the program on the kind of supervision, expertise, and knowledge coaches have in the weight room where there will be at the minimum maybe 30 or more kids. 

However, I think there would be better buy-in if football lifts on game day as well.  It is truly a DOUBLE STANDARD.  There is no arguing that football is King in Texas and will always be until the day you and I are both dead and buried.  My question to you is why such a backlash to suggest that baseball/basketball players should not lift on game days?  What is the harm in allowing them the option to not lift on the day they will perform in a game that the desired outcome is a win and that a man's job is perhaps on the line per that performance?  Does the HC of that program not have a say? I know the answer to this question but I would like to hear yours.

Completely understand your point; I was by no means suggesting they lift every gameday, but if one is to lift 3 days a week, then it’s almost a necessity from time to time 

Agreed!!  That makes sense and completely understand a coach wanting his athlete to complete his days of workouts for the week.  Training Principles demand that you meet your workout days prescribed per the program to elicit the appropriate physiological adaptations desired (i.e.  build strength, add lean muscle mass ala gain good weight).  So important!  What if they go 4 days per week or even 5 days per week?  Now the chances they will probably have to lift every gameday to stick to the workout plan.  Tough spot to be in.  

Well I know I am going to bet blasted on here but the bottom line is New Diana had better hire a defensive cord. because if they do not come up with a defense I see another 0-10 season coming. It has been all offense the last 2 years. They lost 14 or 15 seniors this year and there game plan was to outscore you. Well that will not happen next year. Good luck to the blue Eagles but I see a long year ahead for them. 

59 minutes ago, rollbama said:

Well I know I am going to bet blasted on here but the bottom line is New Diana had better hire a defensive cord. because if they do not come up with a defense I see another 0-10 season coming. It has been all offense the last 2 years. They lost 14 or 15 seniors this year and there game plan was to outscore you. Well that will not happen next year. Good luck to the blue Eagles but I see a long year ahead for them. 

Correction there’s def a win on that schedule 

6 hours ago, Lambo said:

Fire anyone who had anything to do with that defense.

I assumed you saw every snap?  Losing one’s job is a serious thing.  Before popping off about that maybe more questions should be asked. It is a message board so ask questions and let others worry about their job status.

Ultimately the HC is responsible for the performance of the WHOLE team.  I understand where you are coming from but I just struggle with that.   Nothing personal towards you specifically.  

Just outside looking in.  First question:  how does a team that scores that many points not be able to play a little better defense.  You have to have personnel to do that. Did those stud offensive players play on the other side of the ball?  It is a 3A school.  Roster can’t be that big. Surely that could have made a difference.   I saw that they had Leonard shut out and picking up from reading that thread it was the offense that caused them to lose the shutout🤔.

also do we know the size of staff?  In some programs coaches coach both sides of the ball.  So...