Kirbyville is open (Application list added)

rykerx144

41 minutes ago, nationalpastime said:

I find it funny that someone with 5 posts is pushing for this.

Glad I could give you a little humor! Shoot you seem really intelligent by just this comment alone why don't you write down your name and information and I'll pass it along to the the board and administrators so you can help with the hire! 

10 hours ago, Speedkills2011 said:

Why? 6 state titles. As for landing only a running back coach job well you have to start somewhere.

A man with 6 state titles "has to start somewhere"? Ok, let's let him start by being an OC or a DC in Texas before we hand him a AD/HFC job at a school that has RECENT success in the great state of Texas. Make me a list of guys who have had success in other states and have also had that same success in Texas. I'll bet it's short or non existent. The shame here is that he probably will get an interview and someone like Zach Bass, who has been a OC at LaPorte and is currently at PNG won't get a sniff. It's a shame but it will happen. I'm not discounting the man's ability to coach, but to hand him the keys to a program when he has one year experience coaching in this state is a big mistake. Don't get distracted by 6 rings from Delaware when you have real, solid, up and coming coaches who actually understand TXHSFB.

• Thumbs Down 1

9 minutes ago, scatright said:

A man with 6 state titles "has to start somewhere"? Ok, let's let him start by being an OC or a DC in Texas before we hand him a AD/HFC job at a school that has RECENT success in the great state of Texas. Make me a list of guys who have had success in other states and have also had that same success in Texas. I'll bet it's short or non existent. The shame here is that he probably will get an interview and someone like Zach Bass, who has been a OC at LaPorte and is currently at PNG won't get a sniff. It's a shame but it will happen. I'm not discounting the man's ability to coach, but to hand him the keys to a program when he has one year experience coaching in this state is a big mistake. Don't get distracted by 6 rings from Delaware when you have real, solid, up and coming coaches who actually understand TXHSFB.

I simply said give the guy an interview not hire the man! As for giving him a place to start I wasn't referring to AD/Head football I was referring to the RB coaching job! Yes I find Bass interesting myself and why don't you save me the time and make me that list Scatright

9 minutes ago, rykerx144 said:

With names like Craus, Bass, Houston, C Jones G Smith..... there are names to pursue..

Great list my question is can and will they work for the Superintendent. I’m sure after the interviews some will have second thoughts about why they applied 

57 minutes ago, Speedkills2011 said:

I simply said give the guy an interview not hire the man! As for giving him a place to start I wasn't referring to AD/Head football I was referring to the RB coaching job! Yes I find Bass interesting myself and why don't you save me the time and make me that list Scatright

My question is, why would you interview anyone you weren't seriously considering hiring. All the reasons against hiring him I have stated are the same reasons you wouldn't interview him. He is taking an interview spot away from one of these other guys who you might actually CONSIDER HIRING!! For the sake of Kirbyville football, I hope you are not in any way involved with the decision making process down there. Otherwise you guys will be doing this again in two years when Delaware man fails miserably, and drags himself back to where he came from.

Also, I'll gladly make the list for you.....

There it is. There are no names.

13 minutes ago, scatright said:

My question is, why would you interview anyone you weren't seriously considering hiring. All the reasons against hiring him I have stated are the same reasons you wouldn't interview him. He is taking an interview spot away from one of these other guys who you might actually CONSIDER HIRING!! For the sake of Kirbyville football, I hope you are not in any way involved with the decision making process down there. Otherwise you guys will be doing this again in two years when Delaware man fails miserably, and drags himself back to where he came from.

You must have Doctors degree I can tell by your posts you are beaming with intelligence! I have absolutely nothing to do with the hiring process (so we are safe there) and I value your opinion about as much as you value mine so thank goodness you don't have anything to do with it either! And last of all I don't exactly see a Scott Surratt on that list so to not at least take a look at the guy with 6 titles sir is complete ignorance! Based off of what you know which is absolutely nothing other than he's from Delaware and not Texas and is a RB coach at FBISD I would hope you've done a lot less digging than our hiring committee has! 

1 hour ago, Speedkills2011 said:

Glad I could give you a little humor! Shoot you seem really intelligent by just this comment alone why don't you write down your name and information and I'll pass it along to the the board and administrators so you can help with the hire! 

No dog in this fight.  I'm just looking at the only places you've posted is in this thread so far.  

39 minutes ago, scatright said:

Come on Chad. 

I'm sure he's done his homework (unless he's applying for every job that's open) ... but considering Middletown HS had about 1,500 kids and FB Ridge Point has over 2,000, it would seem that K would be almost a case of culture shock - and trust me, being a virtually lifetime East Texan, I don't mean that negatively ... some folks adjust to small town life better than others .... just sayin' ...