Kirbyville is open (Application list added)

rykerx144

3 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

Couple of questions. Bass is listed as OLine at PNG. Has he been a coordinator? 

Also, who is Blount? May be in this thread somewhere, but not seeing it. He wasn't on the applicant list. 

Bass just a oline coach Blount at Mathis I believe 

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 4:48 PM, rykerx144 said:

I imagine he will not be the baseball hc.  

If he doesn't coach baseball it would be sad because this is what he is best at and he has 2 sons that are in Jr. High whom I'm sure he will want to coach in HS. They are already as good if not better than some lower level HS players.

3 hours ago, rykerx144 said:

Heard Bass was impressive, Blount was good but wont get away from the power run game, and Jones was just Jones.  

Houston decided he was happy where he is, and Dr Wallis ringer Bowman declined. 

And what does this mean exactly, Jones was Jones ?

16 minutes ago, rykerx144 said:

It means Jones was Jones.  They know Jones and not going to learn anymore than they already knew.  His resume, reputation, and experience is already well known and understood.

Agree.  Just curious what you might have meant.

50 minutes ago, scatright said:

Bass can lean into his time playing for the SETX Demons to draw the type of experience he needs for a job of this caliber. 

16 minutes ago, UnclePig said:

He absolutely deserves it 

7 minutes ago, Blackswarm said:

Can he deal with Wallis and run the program like he wants to run it?  Not influenced by what Wallis wants 

I think Bass can handle Wallis. He has the experience working at La Porte and Png going up against tough comp, he'll have those kids ready to battle. 

19 hours ago, birddog7987 said:

Jones is the head baseball coach at West Orange? What does he coach in football there?

linebackers. he's a good defensive coach and pairing him maybe with a good offensive coordinator would make it a great hire. i know hes never had the opportunity to run an athletic department but the man is an all around great coach. he could probably save that ath. dept some money by not having to hire another coach to coach baseball too.

28 minutes ago, txk85 said:

linebackers. he's a good defensive coach and pairing him maybe with a good offensive coordinator would make it a great hire. i know hes never had the opportunity to run an athletic department but the man is an all around great coach. he could probably save that ath. dept some money by not having to hire another coach to coach baseball too.

Good deal

If he’s chosen then I hope he has a chance to do what he sets out to do