Jump to content

Kirbyville is open (Application list added)


rykerx144
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 1/12/2018 at 7:04 PM, UnclePig said:

If they don’t get that pay up, they can forget anyone worth hiring applying. 70K to be a head coach/AD is pretty dang cheap.

That is where you are dead wrong. Money has very little to do with getting a good coach. There will be over 100 applicants for this job, easily. Now, most will be Coordinators from similar or slightly larger programs, but many will have deep playoff runs and pedigrees. The key to getting the best one is to decide what you want, determine the most important qualities you are looking for, make sure you get a fit personality wise with what the community expects and do your due diligence with the Coordinators current Head Coach.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, rykerx144 said:

Rumor is OC at Rockdale and an assistant at Carthage has applied.  I also heard Craig Jones name being thrown around but not confirned if he is going to apply.  

Doubt Jones applies as he and superintendent don’t see eye to eye

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, RickyT said:

Probably Smith from Carthage.

I'm hearing Rusk head coach is looking hard into it. He was at Dayton a few years and was succesful there. 

Is he the OC at Carthage?

N/M I know the answer. Just asking a question here, I often wondered what is appealing about an OC or DC that has none or very little input in the offense or defense?

We all know who is calling the plays, developing the QB, and pretty much everything with the offense in Carthage. I'm guessing maybe what a person has learned from someone like Surratt? It would have to be IMO. Just asking a question, he may turn out to be a heck of a HC.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, RickyT said:

Probably Smith from Carthage.

I'm hearing Rusk head coach is looking hard into it. He was at Dayton a few years and was succesful there. 

HC at Rusk has done a heck of a job in his two seasons there...quickly turned them around.  You think he would leave so soon?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, YoungBuckCoach said:

HC at Rusk has done a heck of a job in his two seasons there...quickly turned them around.  You think he would leave so soon?

Hancock is facing a district that will probably include Center and Bullard who are both dropping down a class. He is also losing a senior class that will be hard to replace. I can seen him throwing his name in the hat.

16 hours ago, DTrump said:

I often wondered what is appealing about an OC or DC that has none or very little input in the offense or defense?

We all know who is calling the plays, developing the QB, and pretty much everything with the offense in Carthage. I'm guessing maybe what a person has learned from someone like Surratt? It would have to be IMO. Just asking a question, he may turn out to be a heck of a HC.

And yes, what he has learned about leading a program may be more valuable than the ability to call plays. But you never know what you are getting with a guy like that until after you hire him. At least when you hire an OC or DC who has been in completely in control of that side of the ball then you should be able to predict some level of success.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, playactionpass39 said:

Hancock is facing a district that will probably include Center and Bullard who are both dropping down a class. He is also losing a senior class that will be hard to replace. I can seen him throwing his name in the hat.

And yes, what he has learned about leading a program may be more valuable than the ability to call plays. But you never know what you are getting with a guy like that until after you hire him. At least when you hire an OC or DC who has been in completely in control of that side of the ball then you should be able to predict some level of success.

Yea, that's what I was getting at.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Blackswarm said:

They ( HE) had a chance at some quality choices the first go around and chose another route. Here they go again 2nd go round. Wonder if HE will have any say so on this one or will the board take control on this one

I know theres alot more people watching it closely this time. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...