⚖️ SCOTUS

RETIREDFAN1

3 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

Do they have one if it's a female ?  I've heard there's one at the top of the list.  I don't care if another woman is added to the Supreme Court, and it would show something about Trump.  I wonder what the Dems would say if she's nominated.  https://www.aol.com/article/news/2018/07/02/trump-meets-with-us-supreme-court-contenders-two-in-focus/23473116/ .  

You know Dems have lost any distinction as for as sex goes.  What will the Dems say?  Similar what was said when Justice Thomas was nominated.  They assume everyone in America hates white males as much as them, so that’s all they need, but a woman or a black man, they’ll go to extreme lengths to denigrate.  Minority rights don’t apply if the minority is a conservative.  

One more thing - all I’ve heard concerning this nomination is Roe vs Wade.  With all the important decisions the SCOTUS makes, I’m curious why that one is the total, complete, focal point.  

7 hours ago, REBgp said:

You know Dems have lost any distinction as for as sex goes.  What will the Dems say?  Similar what was said when Justice Thomas was nominated.  They assume everyone in America hates white males as much as them, so that’s all they need, but a woman or a black man, they’ll go to extreme lengths to denigrate.  Minority rights don’t apply if the minority is a conservative.  

One more thing - all I’ve heard concerning this nomination is Roe vs Wade.  With all the important decisions the SCOTUS makes, I’m curious why that one is the total, complete, focal point.  

Good question.....🤱

7 hours ago, REBgp said:

With regards to Roe vs Wade most liberals don't have a clue how the law would work if it was overturned. Simply it would not be the law of the law anymore because it was unconstitutional to start with, much like sodomite marriage. It would revert to each state to make it's own laws on the subject, would some states ban abortion I would hope so but I would bet most would not.  

11 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Looks like he didn't make the short, short list but I think Mike Lee would have been an excellent pick ... and he is I think only 47 ...

I saw someone the other day mention that they thought Trey Gowdy would make a great SCOTUS pick.

2 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

I saw someone the other day mention that they thought Trey Gowdy would make a great SCOTUS pick.

Gowdy is like Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde ... you never know which one you are going to get .... as good as he sounds sometimes, he often waffles on some issues, including the phony Mueller witch hunt  ....  My #1 pick would be Mike Lee ...

15 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

I do with him an every issue, but the Neighborhood amendment.  If someone doesn't like where they live they can move.  The rest doesn't show any racism.  That one does.  I haven't researched him, because I can't vote for him and Illinois is filled with a lot of whacko politicians.  

I was stationed in Illinois for about 6 years ... I thought Louisiana had corrupt politicians until I got to Illinois ... Illinois has probably the most corrupt politics in the U.S. ... just look at the long line of Illinois governors who have been sent to the Big House ....

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Gowdy is like Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde ... you never know which one you are going to get .... as good as he sounds sometimes, he often waffles on some issues, including the phony Mueller witch hunt  ....  My #1 pick would be Mike Lee ...

Ron Paul......

18 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

I was stationed in Illinois for about 6 years ... I thought Louisiana had corrupt politicians until I got to Illinois ... Illinois has probably the most corrupt politics in the U.S. ... just look at the long line of Illinois governors who have been sent to the Big House ....

Add to that the abnormally high murder rate in the state, especially in the Chicago area, despite the gun control laws in place in Illinois; Gun violence seemingly runs unchecked .....

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Add to that the abnormally high murder rate in the state, especially in the Chicago area, despite the gun control laws in place in Illinois; Gun violence seemingly runs unchecked .....

They want to shoot somebody - so few conservatives to shoot, so they shoot each other.

• LOL! 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, KirtFalcon said:

20070812-ron-paul-magneto.jpg.9969245f2f40d16145dd5209df69016d.jpg

He's already 82. Just three years younger than Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

SCOTUS Ages:

Roberts: 63

Kennedy*: 81

Thomas: 70

Ginsburg: 85

Breyer: 79

Alito: 68

Sotomayor: 64

Kagan: 58

Gorsuch: 50

* just announced retirement.

So Ron Paul likely wouldn't serve very long. Whereas Roberts, Thomas, Alito, Sotomayor, Kagan, and Gorsuch could serve for another decade or more.

I'm counting on Ginsburg and hopefully Breyer being replaced while President Trump is in office too .... The dims screwed up big time not forcing Ginsburg to retire while Obama was in office.  She thought she would hang on a couple more years since the Hilldabeast was surely going to beat Trump in a landslide ... wrong!!!!! ...

Edited by KirtFalcon

10 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

I said that.  I'm not sure if it was here, but it was on Ted Cruz's wall on facebook.  I think he'd be a perfect fit.  

17 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

SCOTUS Watch: President Trump Has Spoken to Senator Mike Lee

Katie Pavlich

|
|
Posted: Jul 03, 2018 2:45 PM

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2018/07/03/scotus-watch-president-trump-has-spoken-to-senator-mike-lee-n2496992

Mike Lee would be a very good choice but I would be surprised if he is nominated. 

On 7/3/2018 at 12:22 PM, Monte1076 said:

He's already 82. Just three years younger than Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

SCOTUS Ages:

Roberts: 63

Kennedy*: 81

Thomas: 70

Ginsburg: 85

Breyer: 79

Alito: 68

Sotomayor: 64

Kagan: 58

Gorsuch: 50

* just announced retirement.

So Ron Paul likely wouldn't serve very long. Whereas Roberts, Thomas, Alito, Sotomayor, Kagan, and Gorsuch could serve for another decade or more.

Thomas, Alito and Gorsuch should hire someone to taste their food. They should also avoid West Texas hunting trips and make sure their cars have remote starts. 

15 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Thomas, Alito and Gorsuch should hire someone to taste their food. They should also avoid West Texas hunting trips and make sure their cars have remote starts. 

There's a "rumor" (if you will) floating around that some within the Democratic party are suggesting "packing" the supreme court if the balance of power shifts after midterms, and in 2020. They could basically change the number of justices with legislation. So if they don't like the current make-up, they could go to 15 justices, for instance. Heck, even if they go 11, that could still theoretically swing the court "liberal", 6-5.

4 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

There's a "rumor" (if you will) floating around that some within the Democratic party are suggesting "packing" the supreme court if the balance of power shifts after midterms, and in 2020. They could basically change the number of justices with legislation. So if they don't like the current make-up, they could go to 15 justices, for instance. Heck, even if they go 11, that could still theoretically swing the court "liberal", 6-5.

A couple of problems with that theory. #1: IF they do succeed in flipping the house, they probably won’t have enough votes to create a veto-proof majority. #2. Any “new “ justices would still have to be appointed by POTUS, giving #45 more opportunities to put conservatives on the bench. Dims are in over their heads. 

1 hour ago, trueblue82 said:

A couple of problems with that theory. #1: IF they do succeed in flipping the house, they probably won’t have enough votes to create a veto-proof majority. #2. Any “new “ justices would still have to be appointed by POTUS, giving #45 more opportunities to put conservatives on the bench. Dims are in over their heads. 

To be fair, I'm sure they saw Hillary's presidency as inevitable. They figured they had enough time. 

If the Hilldabeast had won the election, the Supreme Court, and our 2nd amendment rights would have been a lost cause for the rest of our lives ... If R v W is overturned, think how many innocent unborn children will be saved ... We are so blessed we were spared from the Hilldabeast ...

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, ScreamingEagle said:

Wait, I thought Obama was supposed to take away your 2nd Amendment rights 🙄

He would have if he could have gotten away with it ... fortunately he was de-nutted when he lost both houses of congress and Kennedy was on the right side of an issue, for once ....

47 minutes ago, ScreamingEagle said:

Wait, I thought Obama was supposed to take away your 2nd Amendment rights 🙄

The fact that we still have a 2nd Amendment that doesn’t make a slingshot illegal wasn’t due to his lack of effort. Make no mistake, your democrat party is on a mission to disarm the citizenry of this nation. They’ve told us as much. 

• Mr. P changed the title to ⚠️ Dr. Christine Blasey Ford's "lifelong friend" denies Kavanaugh incident