DeSoto Open

playactionpass39

Hearing from someone that went to school at desoto. The people of the city want The administration to be ran by race that major lives in the city. So for now I think everyone in admin is black. The guy that told me this friends with the super. They both graduated from Desoto.

2 minutes ago, Lion70 said:

That's pretty much terrible logic and pretty much what Martin Luther King didn't have in mind. Character should be more important but this day and age some could care less. 

The I’m talking about that I got info from is  caucasian.

The work was put in with the school board and admin was put in by him to go back. That’s why Marshall had to wait so long to announce his hire. Desoto players and parents forced the school board to devote and keep peterman. His contract is up this semester and they wanted him to quietly leave to the next gig. He told them to stick it and rolled out. You’ll see where he’s going in a few days. It’s a done deal as well. But yes... Marshall will be open. They should have hired Ludlow and never been in this situation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Read this quote from Dallas Sportsday:

Mathis, who was at DeSoto for eight years, added, "The community is very fond of me, and I'm very fond of the community. My kids live in DeSoto, they still go to school in DeSoto. ... I've always said those kids at DeSoto are still my kids. I love those kids. I know all the people that have been there in the youth football leagues, the AAU basketball, the track. I'm involved with everything there still. It's one of those communities that I will always call home."

2 hours ago, INTENSIFICATION said:

When Mathis got canned at SMU, which is what happened, just the quiet version. The work was put in with the school board and admin was put in by him to go back. That’s why Marshall had to wait so long to announce his hire. Desoto players and parents forced the school board to devote and keep peterman. His contract is up this semester and they wanted him to quietly leave to the next gig. He told them to stick it and rolled out. You’ll see where he’s going in a few days. It’s a done deal as well. But yes... Marshall will be open. They should have hired Ludlow and never been in this situation.

I don't think the Peterman to Waxahachie story is a huge secret.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Matthias said:

So just for grins...  IF Mathis goes back to DeSoto, who are some legit candidates for Marshall?

There's certainly some talent there, and the right guy could win right away.  

I would expect a promotion from within, I don't think they want to overturn the apple cart two years in a row.

I have a feeling that Marshall got worked in all of this. I think Mathis always intended to get back to Desoto and Marshall was just somewhere to hang out until his buddies got the deal done. All that talk about "home" and "building a program" just ensured that the people of Marshall made his stay as comfortable as possible. The writing on is on the wall and the biggest losers in the deal will be the kids in Marshall who actually believed what he was selling.

• Like 1

They interviewed a lot of quality applicants.  The higher ups made a decision and those should be the ones held accountable.  When will these administration people figure it out. You better high someone from East Texas for East Texas jobs. Those out of towners are not going to stay and you will be doing the process all over again. You need consistency in your programs.  They had a chance to hire Keeling and didn't do it. He has turned Waskom into consistent!! They screwd up and now will be looking again soon. Maybe Mathis will stay. We will see soon enough. But if not Ford is available👊

• Like 1

21 hours ago, cujoforlife said:

Hearing from someone that went to school at desoto. The people of the city want The administration to be ran by race that major lives in the city. So for now I think everyone in admin is black. The guy that told me this friends with the super. They both graduated from Desoto.

I'm glad he's gone. Now Desoto can go back to deep playoff runs and NOT winning the big one. They deserve it!

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1