DeSoto Open

playactionpass39

18 minutes ago, AKA said:

It's the same in Longview. There's a very small very vocal contingent of folks who think they speak for many. They are, for the most part, laughably uninformed and speak only for themselves. 

I now what you talk bout it that same way in bigSandy

1 hour ago, AKA said:

It's the same in Longview. There's a very small very vocal contingent of folks who think they speak for many. They are, for the most part, laughably uninformed and speak only for themselves. 

There's definitely some on here that are "laughably uninformed," from Longview but for the most part...the main Longview posters are definitely informed. Hell, at least two that I know post here often work for LISD.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

There's definitely some on here that are "laughably uninformed," from Longview but for the most part...the main Longview posters are definitely informed. Hell, at least two that I know post here often work for LISD.

Oh dude, when it comes to "laughably uninformed" present company excluded, of course!   VkoAhHf.png

Between you, Lobo97, Randy, and a few others on here, y'all are extremely well-informed. Maybe too well-informed, if ya know what I mean.  ;) 

It's the same with Marshall...  insiders like MavChamp, MavGrad, and a few others typically have solid info/insight. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, AKA said:

Oh dude, when it comes to "laughably uninformed" present company excluded, of course!   VkoAhHf.png

Between you, Lobo97, Randy, and a few others on here, y'all are extremely well-informed. Maybe too well-informed, if ya know what I mean.  ;) 

It's the same with Marshall...  insiders like MavChamp, MavGrad, and a few others typically have solid info/insight. 

I’m not an insider anymore :) 

1 minute ago, AKA said:

Maybe not but you provide historical context from your past days as a Marshall insider.  ;) 

I have a lot of family there, I still track the teams, and I know a lot of people.  I rely on Champ for the real info, I can just provide insight as a former Marshallite.  But either way, I’m not going to spout of some dumb #### I don’t know anything about 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

INTENSIFICATION is working on his next big conspiracy theory against Marshall... Just wait... MARSHALL WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO BE ON THE SAME LEVEL OF OTHER TOP 5A D2 TEAMS!  <<<  just waiting on this, I am sure it will happen soon enough  >>>

I think Marshall can win the District, Have a legitimate shot at the Region, and who knows. I have zero problems with Marshall, nor did I ever say anything about them except getting rid of Harper was a head scratcher, but to each his own. Weren’t you the one that said Mathas wasn’t even interested in De Soto, he won’t leave, he told us this, he has told us that? 

2 minutes ago, INTENSIFICATION said:

I think Marshall can win the District, Have a legitimate shot at the Region, and who knows. I have zero problems with Marshall, nor did I ever say anything about them except getting rid of Harper was a head scratcher, but to each his own. Weren’t you the one that said Mathas wasn’t even interested in De Soto, he won’t leave, he told us this, he has told us that? 

Wasn’t me...

I never said he wasn’t going.  

I said I was going to take him at his word until proven otherwise.  

And I don’t think it’s a slam dunk like some have portrayed it in this thread.  

Twitter this week has more than proven he has enemies in the Utopia of DeSoto.  

Hard to imagine the circus in DeSoto could get even bigger.  But here you go.

Run off a state champion coach.

Now run off the Supt.

What a mess. 

Like someone said....it's a good thing DeSoto has the athletes to overcome this dumpster fire.....otherwise no sane person would want the job.  

I’ve never seen Mavchamp hate a school more when they haven’t even played them (at least not recently) lol

I feel for the fans of the Eagles. They’re a great group of people and I loved playing them back in 2010/2011. Would love nothing more than to play them again. 

5 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

I’ve never seen Mavchamp hate a school more when they haven’t even played them (at least not recently) lol

I feel for the fans of the Eagles. They’re a great group of people and I loved playing them back in 2010/2011. Would love nothing more than to play them again. 

Feel for fans of the Eagles?  No doubt they are being done a disservice.  

How about the fans of the Mavericks?  We're being done wrong here too, ya know.

I have nothing against the fans or the players of DeSoto.

TBH..... I don't care that DISD has a circus going on....other than their circus could possibly affect us.

If it was Longview hanging in limbo like we are....would you have a different take?

Because that's what this is..... we're hanging in limbo until someone makes a decision.  We have no control over any of it.

Yet we hang in limbo.......... with spring ball looming.  

And the snarky posts on this thread by some "DeSoto fans" and "those in the know" have soured me on it too. 

So yeah..... this aggravates me.  And probably every Mav fan.

And if it was Longview in the same position.... you'd be livid.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, scatright said:

Maybe Marshall should show Mathis the door now instead of waiting on him to open it himself. How can any of you possibly want him staying around after all of this? 

That decision can't be made based on innuendo, accusations, and  unsubstantiated rumor.... which is what most of what has been going around.

Mathis doesn't deserve to be run out of town if he's done nothing wrong.  

Now....if it comes out he's been working behind the scenes of all the drama in DeSoto..... I think it's something to consider.  Even if he doesn't get the job.

No one can be 100% focused on where they are when they are working behind the scenes somewhere else 130 miles away.  

TBH.... I don't care what DeSoto chooses to do.  I just wish they would do it so we can move on.

The hanging in limbo is ridiculous.  

4 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

That decision can't be made based on innuendo, accusations, and  unsubstantiated rumor.... which is what most of what has been going around.

Mathis doesn't deserve to be run out of town if he's done nothing wrong.  

Now....if it comes out he's been working behind the scenes of all the drama in DeSoto..... I think it's something to consider.  Even if he doesn't get the job.

No one can be 100% focused on where they are when they are working behind the scenes somewhere else 130 miles away.  

TBH.... I don't care what DeSoto chooses to do.  I just wish they would do it so we can move on.

The hanging in limbo is ridiculous.  

Now you guys know what most small schools feel like every spring.

7 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Feel for fans of the Eagles?  No doubt they are being done a disservice.  

How about the fans of the Mavericks?  We're being done wrong here too, ya know.

I have nothing against the fans or the players of DeSoto.

TBH..... I don't care that DISD has a circus going on....other than their circus could possibly affect us.

If it was Longview hanging in limbo like we are....would you have a different take?

Because that's what this is..... we're hanging in limbo until someone makes a decision.  We have no control over any of it.

Yet we hang in limbo.......... with spring ball looming.  

And the snarky posts on this thread by some "DeSoto fans" and "those in the know" have soured me on it too. 

So yeah..... this aggravates me.  And probably every Mav fan.

And if it was Longview in the same position.... you'd be livid.  

What DeSoto fans are even on smoaky? 

Someone is extra sensitive. I never said a thing about Mav fans not being “done wrong.” But as you and numerous other Mav fans have said in this thread...everything is supposedly full throttle over in Marshall with off season work outs. Everything is going to be “great” even if Mathis leaves because of course Marshall will hire the OC or the DC. That’s what y’all keep posting....as opposed to the other side of seeing your board run off a State Championship coach and now the Superintendent from the sounds of things...with spring ball looming.

And no doubt I’d be livid if this was a Longview thing. And no where in my post did I said you shouldn’t be. 

Extra sensitiver??? 

Im not sensitive   I’m livid.  

Am I suppose to sit back and cheer DeSoto on in all this?  I don’t give a rip about DeSoto’s future or their end game  but unfortunately we seemed tied to their fate until someone ends this three ring circus.  

tt’s nearly March and we are looking down the gun of a possible coaching change. 

This isn’t like replacing a golf coach. This is the head football coach and athletic director. 

And no matter how good the offseason is... it could mean zip if we have to start all over from scratch.  No.... that’s not expected, but it’s a distinct possibility. 

If caring about this program and how the community and the kids are being treated and my being livid how this is all going down makes me “sensitive” then call me what ever you like. 

We deserve better. 

• Like 3

About 1yr ago. Marshall people were all fired up to get a SMU that was getting fired. You could have had a guy with 2 rings and just went back to the 4th rd. And is an East Texas guy. That would hve stayed and built a program. The committee and Supt are the ones you should be #### at. Now maybe there is someone on staff that can take the job. I have no idea. But u better hope there is. Because I bet a lot of good candidates won’t even apply this time

2 minutes ago, justafan said:

About 1yr ago. Marshall people were all fired up to get a SMU that was getting fired. You could have had a guy with 2 rings and just went back to the 4th rd. And is an East Texas guy. That would hve stayed and built a program. The committee and Supt are the ones you should be #### at. Now maybe there is someone on staff that can take the job. I have no idea. But u better hope there is. Because I bet a lot of good candidates won’t even apply this time

Their loss... people who don’t apply for a job like Marshall is not very smart when it comes to the coaching circus.  And passing on a school like Marshall could devastate your move up the coaching ladder and pay scale.  

I could put up with a bad administration for 2-3 years to work with the talent Marshall has currently and with what is coming up the chain the next few years.