DeSoto Open

playactionpass39

12 minutes ago, mavfanpanamacity said:

Marshall is not going to fire Mathis if he doesn't get the Desoto job. Would have to pay him is contract for next year( 115K) from his original 2 year contract. It could be more as most administrator contracts are signed in Feb and his contract would have been rolled over to add that 1 year to it so he had a 2 year contract. Not sure if those have been signed yet, but Marshall could own him 230K. So get Firing Mathis out of your mind if he doesnt end up in Desoto.

You underestimate the fury. 

Hide and watch. 

He only has a year left on his contract. So it would be 115K. 

I talk tot he fury everyday. My phone has been blowing up for a year, since Mathis made the play last year for the Desoto job. I know the people in charge in Marshall very well, they are not going to pay that kind of money to just make a point. If he doesnt get the Desoto job ( I have always thought he would be back there asap) he will be coaching in Marshall and Marshall will win and that will be it.  Now, dont get me worng, I wish they would do it, but of course knowing Mathis during his SMU tenure and the things that I know about him, I would not have hired him in the first place. Has zero to do with his coaching ability. I think most people are seeing just a little of what I have know about him for the past several years.

2 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

IF he’s culpable... which it appears on the outside looking in he is.....  he has somehow been involved in orchestrating: 

1.  Getting a state championship coach fired.... for reasons unknown nto anyone.  Race has been mentioned , but unconfirmed.

2.  Creating chaos on a school board that has already been a laughing  stock for years across sthe state of Texas.  They appear to be in total disarray at the moment.

3. Dividing a fan base between those that do.... and don’t want him back.  After all..... he’s abandoned them twice already. Not to mention he already bandoned the University of Houston and SMU.  And appears he’s about to shaft Marshall too.

4. Getting a Supt fired. Claiming it’s not football related, but sources  say he’s in hot water for not even giving Mathis an interview. Buying out his contract will cost DeSoto ISD a cool $1 million dollars.  This just 10 months after giving him a 5 year contract extension for $250,000 a year.  

5   Lying to your current employer and community .......who has supported you 100% since you got here while paying you handsomely so you can betray them.

Yeah. I’m ready for this circus to pack up and head down I-20. Sounds like they deserve one another.

I'm not sure you can blame Mathis for the mess at DeSoto. At the end of the day, its all on the board. He has no power to fire a supt.   And just curious, what did he lie about?

1 hour ago, Mavchamp said:

Watch for some fireworks in Marshall. 

I predict Mathis is about to be shown the door  no matter what DeSoto does.  It’s still not a given Mathis gets offered the job.  

Twitter last night was blowing up with anti-Mathis material.  DeSoto looks like they are on the verge of a civil war.  

More people in Marshall know about this than you know.  Maybe not general public..... but the Supt, boosters, and school board are fully aware.  And they are none too pleased. 

My dad just texted me asking what is going on with it... guessing word caught fire and is spreading like a West Texas grass fire in Marshall...

34 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

Curious as to what the "Independent Council" will be investigating the DeSoto Superintendent for?

I'm sure the School Board didn't put it in writing that he refused to hire the football coach we wanted.

It's going to be the same type of witch hunt they did at SLC... Except this time, they are looking for a way to not pay that full $1m so they can hire a temporary Head Football Coach...

2 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

It's going to be the same type of witch hunt they did at SLC... Except this time, they are looking for a way to not pay that full $1m so they can hire a temporary Head Football Coach...

I agree, but I was wondering if the School Board verbalized any allegations or actually put the impropriety in writing?

Red theSupt signed a 3 year deal at 260K a year this summer. So he made 260K this year, they would "ONLY" owe him 520K.

But you are correct, they hired a outside consultant to find some kind of dirt so they can get out of that.

Mike LeslieVerified account @MikeLeslieWFAA

Desoto ISD has a board meeting tonight, to discuss status of Supt. Dr. David Harris In May, Harris was given a 3yr extension by the board, for $260k/yr

Independent council will find DeSoto is full of clowns. 

Not saying action will be taken today by Marshall.  But their agenda shows a closed session with their attorney being present. 

I wish they’d end it now.  No sense in dragging it out.  

Meet today. Call special session ASAP. 

I’ve defended him all I can. 

His being obtuse through all this may cost him if he truly never intended to go back to DeSoto. 

But things on Twitter and “sources” point to this being all but a formality. Even if DeSoto has had to put on a three ring circus to make it happen. 

115K is a small price to pay if we don’t have to go through this again every offseason. 

Be willing to bet a booster would reimburse the district to make it happen 😂

When I was young, my wise parents taught me a thing or two about life;  one of those was to be sure and remember that "what goes around, comes around".  I am watching the show play out.  I read with interest all the praise heaped on your present head coach about winning a district championship...wow...who did he have to beat?  And how many rounds was that in the playoffs last fall?  I've followed East Texas football for years.  The remarks made on this site about "his program" indicate that Harper didn't have a program in place when he left.  If a coach can come in at the end of March--no spring ball and clean up "the mess"  without a full staff on board--then he can get a job anywhere.  As has been previously posted. did anyone of you "diehard Maverick fans" ever question Harper about why he was leaving?  Check his record of tenure in his other coaching positions--seven years in Leander, four years in Baytown, five years in Jacksonville.  Why so short in his home town with deep roots--a former Maverick, family there--but apparently not many loyal friends.  Sitting back watching this merry-go-round and wondering if tickets are being sold for the circus!

• Thanks 1

🙄

Harper was offered a top paying job at one of the top athletic programs in the state.... working with a guy he had a great relationship with in Marshall. 

AD at Duncanville is a top job.  

He would have been insane not to take that job.  Jobs like that are hard to come by and it fell in his lap early in his career. 

Harper left Marshall in fantastic shape. He cleaned up an epic mess and put us back on the winning path.  Mathis came in and continued the trajectory upward.  He has worked his tail off in Marshall.

Whoever follows Mathis will enter with a lot of talent.  

And your bashing a team hat played a FRESHMAN at QB last year.  He was #3 in line after 1 & 2 we’re lost to injuries.  

How many teams could still compete and win with their third string QB.... who was 14 years old until October!?

They lost by 5 points in the playoffs to a team that was a state semi finalist the year before.  

Circus is in DeSoto.  Go catch it.  

Business will be taken care of in Marshall.