DeSoto Open

playactionpass39

Former Mean Green and Desoto great Zach Orr with some hot sports opinions.
If somebody leaves and comes back, then leaves again and tries to come back will you let them back after they already left 2x?? It’s way more to it but that’s the starting point of how I feel about the DeSoto coaching situation. #whatsdoneinthedarkcomestolight

DeSoto School Board ####. We need the state to take over badly. I’m not even talking athletics yet, academically we are failing as a district in all aspects and half of our schools have teachers that aren’t qualified to teach our kids. Many alumni like myself are embarrassed.

1 minute ago, Mavchamp said:

I can’t even wrap my head around why he would even show up. 

As of late today he’s still telling the Dallas media he’s staying put. 

At least until next Monday’s meeting in DeSoto. 

Or until Marshall pulls the trigger. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Direct quote from an article published by WFAA in Dallas this morning. 

There are members of the community that support Mathis' return to Desoto, and they showed up to voice their opinions on Monday night.

"Why go and get an experimental coach, because of experimental vendettas?" parent Don Wilson asked. "Bring in the guy who really wants this job back, who's fighting to get this job back, and we know what he can do."

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, pancakemachine said:

There are members of the community that support Mathis' return to Desoto, and they showed up to voice their opinions on Monday night.

"Why go and get an experimental coach, because of experimental vendettas?" parent Don Wilson asked. "Bring in the guy who really wants this job back, who's fighting to get this job back, and we know what he can do."

Figured Dontre's dad would speak on behalf of Mathis. 

41 minutes ago, pancakemachine said:

And yet he claims hes not involved at all. 

And people wonder why he’s been called a liar on this thread. 

He looks people in the face and lies to them.  Many people.  Many times.  

If he would have just been truthful from the beginning..... 

But nah.... no reason to have any character in all this.  

Based on what we’ve all seen from DeSoto’s school board in the last year..... and based on what I’ve learned about him in the last few days.....

Mathis and DeSoto deserve one another.  

Good riddance  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

And yet he claims hes not involved at all. 

And people wonder why he’s been called a liar on this thread. 

He looks people in the face and lies to them.  Many people.  Many times.  

If he would have just been truthful from the beginning..... 

But nah.... no reason to have any character in all this.  

Based on what we’ve all seen from DeSoto’s school board in the last year..... and based on what I’ve learned about him in the last few days.....

Mathis and DeSoto deserve one another.  

Good riddance  

This here is a tune that has changed significantly from the one being whistled on the first few pages of this thread.!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, scatright said:

This here is a tune that has changed significantly from the one being whistled on the first few pages of this thread.!

I believe in taking a man at his word.  I’ll never apologize for that.  

He no longer deserves that privilege.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, scatright said:

Many Mav fans voiced their opinions on ho hard the guy is still working with Marshall kids and how much of a mess DeSoto is. @Mavchamp was telling you what Mathis was saying and "I will wait and see."  If he does leave, we all understand why to a degree.  The man wants to move back to his family, and probably make more money...  However, what we won't ever understand is moving back in with a dysfunctional family....  

• LOL! 1

6 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

I think a lot of Marshall fans are beginning to realize exactly what some of us who have followed Mathis for quite a while already knew about him.

#### that this is going to be dragged out for another half week.

Fine with me... but I am with @mavfanpanamacity I would let Mathis break his contract and leave Marshall instead of firing him and buying him out... That may be exactly what he wants... 2 paychecks....

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Many Mav fans voiced their opinions on ho hard the guy is still working with Marshall kids and how much of a mess DeSoto is. @Mavchamp was telling you what Mathis was saying and "I will wait and see."  If he does leave, we all understand why to a degree.  The man wants to move back to his family, and probably make more money...  However, what we won't ever understand is moving back in with a dysfunctional family....  

Maybe because he believes he can "fix it" or whatever. Like, it's only dysfunctional because he's not there...  or something. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Fine with me... but I am with @mavfanpanamacity I would let Mathis break his contract and leave Marshall instead of firing him and buying him out... That may be exactly what he wants... 2 paychecks....

Makes me nauseous just thinking about that. 

He’s nothing  more than a charlatan at this point, really.  

He better do well when he returns , because there probably not another district in Texas that will hire him after this circus.   He appears to have no character at all.  

Like I already said.... it sounds like DeSoto and and him deserve one another.  Pathological, bipolar, unstable. 

Good riddance. 

Anyone want to predict how many wins DeSoto gets this fall?  🙄🙄🙄👎👎👎

27 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Makes me nauseous just thinking about that. 

He’s nothing  more than a charlatan at this point, really.  

He better do well when he returns , because there probably not another district in Texas that will hire him after this circus.   He appears to have no character at all.  

Like I already said.... it sounds like DeSoto and and him deserve one another.  Pathological, bipolar, unstable. 

Good riddance. 

Anyone want to predict how many wins DeSoto gets this fall?  🙄🙄🙄👎👎👎

I'm not going to argue with you on your assessment of Mathis or the situation or DeSoto. You are probably dead accurate.

But, he will win in DeSoto. I would say his record would be somewhere in the neighborhood of 11-3.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

I'm not going to argue with you on your assessment of Mathis or the situation or DeSoto. You are probably dead accurate.

But, he will win in DeSoto. I would say his record would be somewhere in the neighborhood of 11-3.

I was going to guess 9-3... 

58 minutes ago, AKA said:

Maybe because he believes he can "fix it" or whatever. Like, it's only dysfunctional because he's not there...  or something. 

Isn't he the reason for the dysfunction?  Just imagine if the district has to eat that $750k-1m for the Supt they fired so they could get their guy at hfc.....  there are going to be some pissed off members of the community and this #### storm will continue for a while

• Like 1

Just now, INTENSIFICATION said:

HE- CRE-ATED-TH-E    DYS-    FUNCTION           MAAAAAANNNNN. I     TOL-    D    YALL SUCKERS.

Drinking early I see... Let's see how long the name calling will last for you on this site ;) 

• Stinks 1