DeSoto Open

playactionpass39

1 minute ago, JustAFan18 said:

Why would he stick around when yall were telling him how wrong he was, and he did not know? Yall were also the ones asking where he was at and he had some crow to eat so let's not act all "holier than though." Look you guys got duped get over it and start worrying about the kids and the direction of the program and not the circus. 

So why should us Marshall fans stay on this thread and admit that we were wrong?  Oh maybe to own it instead of hiding until things go our way...

• Stinks 1

Once upon a time,  I personally witnessed Coach Mathis in a "coin flip" with another Dallas area Coach to decide the two schools particular playoff matchup site, etc.

Let's just say anyone that had to deal with that man would be left at a loss for what a jerk he showed himself to be.

That was over 10 years ago...too !

I can see not much has changed with Coach Mathis.

3 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

How long before he leaves DeSoto..... for the third time? 

He better not after they ran off Peterman and fired an entire superintendent just to get him back there...

He better retire there this time. I'd really hate to see what happens if he leaves there again. 

I know that there has been a lot of speculations as it relates to coach Mathis, and his perceived involvement, or roll in the resignation of the DeSoto former Head Football Coach, and the dismissal of the DeSoto ISD superintendent.  There has been numerous attacks on Coach Mathis character, and integrity, but all are speculations and assumptions. I am the first to admit that things could have been handled differently, but we all make mistakes.  I am man enough to say that I was wrong, and jumped to conclusions, and I want to be the first to say so.  I know that this is a forum, but we all need to careful about tarring people down, because there is life after the forum.  I have received information from a very reliable sorce, that when DeSoto announces the name of their new head football coach, it will not be coach Mathis, because he chosen to remain in Marshall.  He will be the AD/HFC of Marshall going forward.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

I was going to guess 9-3... 

Well he has alot of offensive weapons returning for them this fall, some on defense too.

And lucky for them, Duncanville ended up in another district so I say Desoto at least wins district.

Question I have is who do you all in Marshall want as the HC next? Has to be a hire within but who knows who all Mathis takes with him.

2 hours ago, MAV1975 said:

I know that there has been a lot of speculations as it relates to coach Mathis, and his perceived involvement, or roll in the resignation of the DeSoto former Head Football Coach, and the dismissal of the DeSoto ISD superintendent.  There has been numerous attacks on Coach Mathis character, and integrity, but all are speculations and assumptions. I am the first to admit that things could have been handled differently, but we all make mistakes.  I am man enough to say that I was wrong, and jumped to conclusions, and I want to be the first to say so.  I know that this is a forum, but we all need to careful about tarring people down, because there is life after the forum.  I have received information from a very reliable sorce, that when DeSoto announces the name of their new head football coach, it will not be coach Mathis, because he chosen to remain in Marshall.  He will be the AD/HFC of Marshall going forward.

Just call me sceptictal.......if that was that case why hasn’t he gone to the press and stated flatly he plans on staying in Marshall? 

If it is true, unless the board fires him, he’ll still be the HC since he has a year left on his contract.......AND there would be a lot of fence mending to do. I’m not sure the water hasn’t been completely poisoned.

Not to mention that there wouldn’t be enough crow in the state for everybody to get a slice......the circus goes on......

4 minutes ago, scatright said:

Not if I was in Marshall. How in the hell can your source say that he's staying in Marshall and the other's sources say he has told his staff he is leaving?? You guys either have terrible sources, or he deserves to be fired for his indecisiveness.

I'll believe Mavchamp any day over a guy that doesn't even live anywhere near Marshall anymore.

• Like 3
  • LOL! 1

I’ve accepted my crow.  What do you want me to do?  Give the guy a cookie?

Lots of misinformation out there.  It’s ridiculous. 

And here is my thing..... he could end all this  by calling a press conference and say I AM STAYING.  EVEN if DeSoto calls.... I’m staying

He hasn’t don’t that. He could end alllllll the speculation with ONE QUICK comment to the press. 

He has chosen to stay mum publicly.

I can think of only one reason.   

He’s waiting for the OFFICIAL call from DeSoto. Which will come Monday. 

• Like 1

thank yall for keeping this off season interesting.

this is the reason why when east Texas schools are looking for a coach the fans always want to hire a coach from east Texas. i figured this would happen to Marshall at some point as i'm sure most did but not this soon. when the door closes on mathis call down to Carthage. when Surratt says hes not coming have him transfer you to Preston. 

• Like 1

No matter what he does..... 

His actions (or inactions if you please) have been reprehensible. 

End of he day: no one knows anything 100% until DeSoto makes their announcement. 

Will probably flip-flop 10 more times before Now and then. 

UNLESS he makes an announcement. 

Which he hasn’t. 

Well I know this thing has jumped back and forth a million times already. But....after talking to someone close to the program as of this afternoon Mathis has said he is staying in Marshall. In fact the coach they said withdrew from consideration is in fact Mathis. So here we go again I guess..

17 minutes ago, Mavs03 said:

Well I know this thing has jumped back and forth a million times already. But....after talking to someone close to the program as of this afternoon Mathis has said he is staying in Marshall. In fact the coach they said withdrew from consideration is in fact Mathis. So here we go again I guess..

Jeez......:headbang:

11 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Mathis is in DeSoto this evening  interviewing. 

Confirmed from both a DeSoto and Marshall source. 

No clue how true anything is at this point.  He could be in Australia and no one know it. 

I'm done......somebody wake me up when this clown nightmare is over.........(clowns are evil)....

homey_article_story_large.jpg