DeSoto Open

playactionpass39

Pretty excited about the season.  

Two sellouts for sure when Longview and Carthage come to town. 

Possible sellout with Hallsville I’d thr Bobcats can pull it together.  It’s a big rivalry game. 

Possible sellout with Whitehouse because it could be for the district championship. 

So the home docket looks to be loaded.  Jacksonville is the other home game. 

28 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Glad it's over for Marshall. Still wouldn't trust Mathis, but if Marshall is happy then so be it. Hopefully this is not a yearly occurrence. Now tell Ole' Claude to get his boys ready for the upcoming season. Had a freshman QB this season. Will be expecting Marshall deep in the playoffs. Good luck Mavs.

What Mathis said was correct as far as him applying to jobs.  Apply all you want...  But when those rumors are being shouted through a bull horn, address them head on.  Don't hide behind a pedestal and call us keyboard warriors... I have never met MavChamp, but its not hard to find out who he is... I've known who Mavchamp was since 2006 when I was an employee at Marshall... I was pissed at him because he found out about injuries and posted them on here before I had even told Coach Harris... which was in a way amazing... but honestly, he never reported anything false.  Sometimes there were some opinions mixed in, but generally he stuck to what he knew and what he was told and that was it.  If Mathis was smart, he would befriend him and provide him with facts and info to benefit the program... not insult him/us...  All he has to do is ask pretty much anyone who "Mavchamp" is and most could tell you...

But anyways, Mathis should always apply for the next best thing if its available.  I am assuming he is staying in Marshall because its the best situation for him to be in next year.  He is going to have a winning team in a winnable district with tons of talent on the roster.  And quite honestly, unless something like Aledo or Allen come calling next year, I would expect him to choose Marshall again for the same reason(s).  Just don't get in a fight in the media with fans who have supported you.  That is the quickest way to lose Marshall... Stay honest, address rumors, news, etc on the front in... not after the fact...  Marshall isn't DFW... you don't hide and let things play out and then do the PR "see what really happened..."  Out there in Marshall, rumors can be like an un-treatable cancerous tumor...

10 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Pretty excited about the season.  

Possible sellout with Hallsville I’d thr Bobcats can pull it together.  It’s a big rivalry game. 

Possible sellout with Whitehouse because it could be for the district championship. 

So the home docket looks to be loaded.  Jacksonville is the other home game. 

Jacksonville may sell out just because they aren't used to having decent parking :lol: 

15 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

I am pretty excited for the Carthage at Marshall game. I think both teams will be way up for that game. Marshall feeling like they aren't gonna let Carthage come in and beat them, and Carthage wanting to let people know they can play with anybody. Should be very fun. I said in another thread I hope we can keep this one going. I think Marshall will get the best out of say a 5-6 game series, but we can both make each other better on a yearly basis early in the season. 

And for what it’s worth. 

I’ll be meeting coach Mathis face to face very soon. 

I’m no keyboard warrior. And I’m no coward. 

I’m a guy that’s given Marshall an online presence since 1997.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Don't hide behind a pedestal and call us keyboard warriors... I have never met MavChamp, but its not hard to find out who he is...

It's not hard to find out who any of us are.

I know Mavchamp has met NUMEROUS people from this board. Almost every single person I sit with at Longview games came from meeting them from this board (or 6A).

MOST posters on here aren't hiding from anyone.

19 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Mavgrad99 or AKA, just a quick question. Why was the other thread shut down? It was pretty lively for the offseason. Did somebody go too far? And don't get mad at me if this was the wrong place to ask the question, lol.

You mean the pissing match between 2 members?

• LOL! 1

3 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

BTW

where is INTENSIFICATION?

i ate my crow when it appeared I was wrong. 

Will he eat his now that it appears he was wrong, will he do the same? 

Because now......   to use Lobo07’s phrase.... it’s NOT going down just as he said it would from the beginning. Shocking. 

Sources are saying INTENSIFICATION has applied for the Desoto job......:O

• LOL! 2

It’s interesting that he mentions the message board. Every post I’ve made on this thread has been “reacted” to by a poster named “somebody”, yet “somebody” hasn’t commented on the thread at all. I’ve had a gut feeling that “somebody” was Mathis, and now I’m really starting to think it’s him. 

1 hour ago, scatright said:

It’s interesting that he mentions the message board. Every post I’ve made on this thread has been “reacted” to by a poster named “somebody”, yet “somebody” hasn’t commented on the thread at all. I’ve had a gut feeling that “somebody” was Mathis, and now I’m really starting to think it’s him. 

If you get a reaction, 90% of the time it’s me @AKA or @MrBuddyGarrity :lol: 

• Like 2
  • LOL! 1

I find it interesting that he took the time to call us out. I know I’m included in that. 

But he didn’t own any of it himself. 

Most of us had ZERO problem with him applying. 

But the hanging in limbo for a MONTH as the chaos of DeSoto was making its way to Marshall is where we were upset. 

We wanted straight answers. He provided none. He was obtuse and elusive in ALL his answers. You could tell everything he said was carefully crafted and calculated. 

I’m glad he staying. He’s a winner. And he has a good team waiting. 

But to call us out and not leave yourself at least partially culpable for this madness is ridiculous. 

But one thing for sure. I’m no coward. I’ll gladly meet him any day.  I say what I mean and mean what I say. 

I respect coach Mathis and his right to do what’s best for him and his family.  I fully support that  

But he must understand that for some of us our loyalties lie with the Marshall Mavericks.... and when I think we are getting jerked around I’m going to call it out. 

#sorrynotsorry 

• Like 3

On 2/23/2018 at 9:39 AM, MavGrad99 said:

Mathis, my name and who I am and what I do is never hidden.  I have not crushed you but the people who have been in opposition of you wanted to say something sooner.  It’s been “I’m not applying somewhere else.” “I am not focused anywhere but Marshall.”  

How are you 100% Marshall when you are applying other places?  

Again, I have no beef with you.  But we were in suspense for a month!  Just say you applied.  Just say you withdrew.  Just say I am focused but DeSoto is where my family is....  so many things you could have done better.

Again, if you want to contact me and call me a message board coward, give me a call in Mineral Wells... it’s not hard to find me.  

Derek Rebel

• LOL! 1

On 2/23/2018 at 12:18 AM, randomuser said:

My intel said from the get go it would be Brown, the former DC. My intel said he also withdrew because he was the supes choice. I wouldn’t count Brown or Mathis out until the day AFTER they announce their hire. With that being said, Mike Robinson is a great human and coach. He’s the only choice out of those 3 choices BUT that’s not a splash hire. I agree it will reopen.

Don’t count em out until the day AFTER the hire is announced.