DeSoto Open

playactionpass39

1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

Is crow worthy if it’s the school board turning Mathis down and not Mathis turning DeSoto down (which he didn’t by applying for the job)?

25 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Mathis still applied for the job.

If it's the school board turning him down and not the other way around....yeah.

The crow is for some of these “insiders” that claimed this was a slam dunk. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Agree with the other posters. How would anybody need to eat any crow? Mathis gave y'all lip service while he applied for his old job. If they don't give it to him, then that's on Desoto. But Mathis was ready to burn rubber back to the DFW.

Questions I would have is: how many other jobs did he apply for? And why is he throwing his name in the hat in the first place? 

On 1/22/2018 at 5:59 PM, INTENSIFICATION said:

I know Mathis is a very good coach, there is no doubt about that.  But my question is this; Why would DeSoto want him back?  He has left them twice before.  First time for UH, and he was back in like three weeks.  Then he left for SMU a few years later.  So why take him back again? 

On 2/9/2018 at 10:31 PM, randomuser said:

The one who may wind up laughing is Marshall. All my intel says a former DC of Desoto will get the job, supes boy. And those reporting Arkansas and Chad Morris called, 😂. He went to Marshall because he “needed” a paycheck. Take that how you may.

Let me reiterate.

• Like 1

Last winter I’m sure there were lots of openings in the DFW area that may have paid less than what he’s making in Marshall, but would have been in th area he apparently desires. 

It wasnt just the desire of a paycheck. 

I think he wanted to win too. 

Abd he would win in DeSoto too. But the circus going on around him is unreal. 

More twitter drama today with the Stepp tweet.

But also some libelous twitter chatter against him made public today concerning player safety when he was there.  

Add that to the dumpster fire going on over there  

I just don’t see the appeal.  

3 hours ago, ANTI said:

Mathis still applied for the job.

If it's the school board turning him down and not the other way around....yeah.

Agree.. No crow eating, he still applied when a lot of Marshall fans said he never would. Especially if it's Desoto not interested in him, like many have thought, and not Mathis turning them down. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

Agree.. No crow eating, he still applied when a lot of Marshall fans said he never would. Especially if it's Desoto not interested in him, like many have thought, and not Mathis turning them down. 

Again.... the crow eating is to those who said they were “in the know” in DeSoto that said this was a slam dunk at the beginning.

• Like 1

Just a thought: Maybe Mathis legitimately came to Marshall with the intentions of staying for the long haul (4-6 years), and building the program that he said;  Maybe, Mathis never thought that in a million years the Desoto position would become available anytime (4-6years) in the near future; Maybe, Mathis truly believes Desoto to be home; Maybe, it is not Mathis desire to just be in the DFW area, but Desoto; Maybe, Mathis felt that when the Desoto position became available, that this was his last opportunity to go back to the place he call home, so, he felt that he had to apply.  Just a thought, Maybe!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MAV1975 said:

Just a thought: Maybe Mathis legitimately came to Marshall with the intentions of staying for the long haul (4-6 years), and building the program that he said;  Maybe, Mathis never thought that in a million years the Desoto position would become available anytime (4-6years) in the near future; Maybe, Mathis truly believes Desoto to be home; Maybe, it is not Mathis desire to just be in the DFW area, but Desoto; Maybe, Mathis felt that when the Desoto position became available, that this was his last opportunity to go back to the place he call home, so, he felt that he had to apply.  Just a thought, Maybe!

I wouldn't disagree with this statement. I think itd be hard for anyone to turn down their home/program if they could go back to a program they built. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MAV1975 said:

Makes sense......it's something that was in the back of my mind, and IMO totally logical......still, I think most of the folks in Marshall would like him to be around long enough to call the Maverick program home...... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OakRidgeMav said:

Makes sense......it's something that was in the back of my mind, and IMO totally logical......still, I think most of the folks in Marshall would like him to be around long enough to call the Maverick program home...... 

Marshall will be a great home for him if he chooses to make it one with his family...  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

The amount of twitter drama concerning this is appalling. 

Borderline slanderous  

Wowzers. 

Growing into a 5 ring circus in DeSoto. 

This isn’t new to Desoto. They’ve been a 3 ring circus since the Ben Dial days. They just have the athletes to cover for the circus. I once had a coach walk into my office who was a DC at a pretty good college and said when he goes to individual during practice the Desoto kids looked better on hoof than his. This was 15 years ago.

On 1/19/2018 at 6:21 AM, INTENSIFICATION said:

The work was put in with the school board and admin was put in by him to go back. That’s why Marshall had to wait so long to announce his hire. Desoto players and parents forced the school board to devote and keep peterman. His contract is up this semester and they wanted him to quietly leave to the next gig. He told them to stick it and rolled out. You’ll see where he’s going in a few days. It’s a done deal as well. But yes... Marshall will be open. They should have hired Ludlow and never been in this situation.

i-eat-crow-with-fava-beans-and-a-nice-ch

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

i-eat-crow-with-fava-beans-and-a-nice-ch

INTENSIFICATION is working on his next big conspiracy theory against Marshall... Just wait... MARSHALL WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO BE ON THE SAME LEVEL OF OTHER TOP 5A D2 TEAMS!  <<<  just waiting on this, I am sure it will happen soon enough  >>>

Everything I have heard is through all this mess, rumors, allegations, etc, etc, the Marshall players and coaching staff have not missed a beat in their non football season program. This could be proof that Marshall is on the up and up if a HUGE distraction like this hasn't seem to shake the program. 

1 hour ago, WingTright said:

Everything I have heard is through all this mess, rumors, allegations, etc, etc, the Marshall players and coaching staff have not missed a beat in their non football season program. This could be proof that Marshall is on the up and up if a HUGE distraction like this hasn't seem to shake the program. 

The good thing about Marshall is that maybe 30 people in the entire city of 20,000 read Smoaky... those same 30 people use the forums on marshallmavericks.net ... the town likes to gossip, but most of what they gossip about is uninformed rumors... so in a way that is a good thing... and until he leaves, it will stay positive with 90% of the city... Especially, if the program keeps improving.

This is what this thread has kind of turned into with the deafening Silence since the Matt Stepp Tweet...

coach-mathis-be.jpg

9 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

The good thing about Marshall is that maybe 30 people in the entire city of 20,000 read Smoaky... those same 30 people use the forums on marshallmavericks.net ... the town likes to gossip, but most of what they gossip about is uninformed rumors... so in a way that is a good thing... and until he leaves, it will stay positive with 90% of the city... Especially, if the program keeps improving.

It's the same in Longview. There's a very small very vocal contingent of folks who think they speak for many. They are, for the most part, laughably uninformed and speak only for themselves. 

• Like 1