Cooper is Open

YoungBuckCoach

14 minutes ago, Headhunter3207 said:

How did Cooper's new district turn out?  Haven't seen it.  Will it help or hurt applicants?

New district:

Bells

Blue Ridge

Cooper

Leonard

Prairiland

Chisum

Whitewright

Like one of the previous posters said, this job just got even more attractive after realignment.

Bulldognation, is there anyone on that list that Cooper can't compete with?

It looks like that realignment gives them 6 games that are W's or at least very competitive.

This should be one of the premier jobs in small school football. Great facilities, good community, good fan base, above average athletes. Only negative would be if the community wants to help the new guy coach....

2 hours ago, 73tigers said:

Bulldognation, is there anyone on that list that Cooper can't compete with?

It looks like that realignment gives them 6 games that are W's or at least very competitive.

This should be one of the premier jobs in small school football. Great facilities, good community, good fan base, above average athletes. Only negative would be if the community wants to help the new guy coach....

73, I think it'll come down between Cooper & Leonard. Leonard won't have the big TE & the Hart kid at QB this year & that was a big part of that team the last couple years. The last part of your post is very true.

Heard that Gunter's D Coordinater is a front runner for the position. 3 State Championship Appearnces with 2 Wins in the big game (Pilot Point & Gunter). Close to his roots and being able to compete against in the area makes it attractive.

1 hour ago, LPack said:

Heard that Gunter's D Coordinater is a front runner for the position. 3 State Championship Appearnces with 2 Wins in the big game (Pilot Point & Gunter). Close to his roots and being able to compete against in the area makes it attractive.

Sounds like a homerun 

19 hours ago, LPack said:

I've heard 2-3 other names that are solid too.  One with really strong ties to the "right people."

Cooper will be the top contender in this district. Lots of changes need to be made in that program based on rumors that have been swirling. It has been awhile since I have seen these Bulldogs play, but this town/community always seems to be a top attraction for a Head Coach/AD. Hope to see the new AD implement volleyball into the Cooper program. It definitely would not hurt the girls basketball program, and might even get it back to what it once was in the 90s. I have been told that all schools in and around Cooper area have volleyball but Cooper still does not have a program. I would say it is way overdue......I haven't seen them or heard of the dogettes being a force in basketball in many years.

We will see.......................

On 2/5/2018 at 11:33 AM, LPack said:

Fieszel runs the defense.