Cooper is Open

YoungBuckCoach

Heck of a hire by Cooper. Rod is as passionate as they come and demands toughness and grit out of his players. Has coached at two very successful programs in Pilot Point and Gunter. Cooper has great tradition and this hire will benefit the program, school and community.

Looking forward to seeing the Football program and all sports flourish once again in Cooper. I will be sure to come watch them, as it has been many years, and I know major changes will be taking place. These Bulldogs better be ready for a new regime and training/conditioning will be paramount once again.

The new AD will likely push for the addition of a volleyball program. This will greatly help the entire athletic program in more ways than one. This has shown to be a major and vital change in similar programs in the past. Hopefully the ones making the decisions at Cooper will implement these changes.

Good Luck!

Big loss for Gunter.  Both coordinators from  the 2016 state championship team are now gone.  The new OC last season did a fine job however.  The defensive philosophy does come from the head coach though, so I think Gunter's defense will be fine.  Great pick up for Cooper.