Michigan State

topher805

This is waaay deeper than Nassir. Football and basketball getting hit left and right with bombshell accusations. This one is going all the way up to the top of the NCAA, as apparently Mark Emmert was notified of allegations in 2010...Buckle up folks. This one is going to be ugly 

2 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Is this another Baylor situation again? 

Im so sick of this sexual assault mania. From Hollywood to Washington to college campuses... Are they legit or witch hunts? Is this bill Cosby/duke lacrosse or is this real? 

It's like Baylor and Penn State had a kid, and that kid was a hellraiser. Izzo and Dantonio jobs in jeopardy. 

http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/22214566/pattern-denial-inaction-information-suppression-michigan-state-goes-larry-nassar-case-espn

Okay break it down where I don’t have to read though tons of politically charged articles... They are in trouble for someone raping women and covering it up? The one guy? Players? Are they proven assaults or just the bs allegations that are not true that seem to be all the rage these days? What’s the story? 

16 football players accused of rape/assault. Coach personally felt with punishment and helped hide.

1 assistant basketball coach charged, allowed to continue coaching after charge, accused later of sexual assault by another female.

Then the big one of athletic physician Larry Nasser. 

Athletic department went to great lengths to hide everything.

AD and President have already resigned.

Not buying Barstool Sports as credible, but I do buy into The Athletic and the boys at Barstool basically copied and pasted from The Athletic and their report...

https://www.barstoolsports.com/barstoolu/report-mark-emmert-was-personally-told-about-37-thirty-seven-michigan-state-sexual-assaults-in-2010-and-did-nothing-about-it/?_branch_match_id=468497714182069947

23 minutes ago, topher805 said:

16 football players accused of rape/assault. Coach personally felt with punishment and helped hide.

1 assistant basketball coach charged, allowed to continue coaching after charge, accused later of sexual assault by another female.

Then the big one of athletic physician Larry Nasser. 

Athletic department went to great lengths to hide everything.

AD and President have already resigned.

Gotcha. I don’t understand the schools hiding these sexual assault cases... well I guess I do. Every school has a zero tolerance policy pretty much. So even the accusation of a assault would get said player suspended until cleared of charges. So basically these coaches/ADs are trying to cover things up to keep the players on the field. And from the sounds of it, 16 players. That’s a lot. I have opinions on this and they aren’t popular. But I call BS. 90% chance those women are lying because some boyfriend broke up with them or they hooked up at a party while drunk and she got mad he didn’t want to be her boyfriend the next day. You can’t tell me 16 out of roughly 100 scholarship players are rapist. I’m jot buying it just like I didn’t buy Baylor’s stuff. I know the school can’t cover this up is the issue. That has to stop. But I do understand why they do cover it up. Because if they suspend the player while investigations are held and they turn out to be false (which they mostly do) then you’ve ruined a young mans playing time and reputation for no reason. Imo the way to fix this is do the investigations, but allow the guys to play while doing it. That way nobody is “hurt” by the investigation and the guilty party gets justice one way or another. Make it to where teams don’t feel the need to cover up or hide these things. 

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

Im so sick of this sexual assault mania. From Hollywood to Washington to college campuses... Are they legit or witch hunts? Is this bill Cosby/duke lacrosse or is this real? 

Bill Cosby drugged and fondled me

Nassar was suspended by USA Gymnastics for allegations of sexual assault in 2015 and was allowed to continue working for MSU until 2016 when more allegations of sexual assault came out that occurred on campus. MSU’s gymnastics coach resigned. The school president and AD have resigned this week. I guess the focus is fixing to shift to Izzo and Dantonio now?

18 hours ago, WETSU said:

Gotcha. I don’t understand the schools hiding these sexual assault cases... well I guess I do. Every school has a zero tolerance policy pretty much. So even the accusation of a assault would get said player suspended until cleared of charges. So basically these coaches/ADs are trying to cover things up to keep the players on the field. And from the sounds of it, 16 players. That’s a lot. I have opinions on this and they aren’t popular. But I call BS. 90% chance those women are lying because some boyfriend broke up with them or they hooked up at a party while drunk and she got mad he didn’t want to be her boyfriend the next day. You can’t tell me 16 out of roughly 100 scholarship players are rapist. I’m jot buying it just like I didn’t buy Baylor’s stuff. I know the school can’t cover this up is the issue. That has to stop. But I do understand why they do cover it up. Because if they suspend the player while investigations are held and they turn out to be false (which they mostly do) then you’ve ruined a young mans playing time and reputation for no reason. Imo the way to fix this is do the investigations, but allow the guys to play while doing it. That way nobody is “hurt” by the investigation and the guilty party gets justice one way or another. Make it to where teams don’t feel the need to cover up or hide these things. 

You call BS? 90% of these women are lying? Dude, you are either delusional, extremely naive or uneducated on sexual assault. Unbelievable and disgusting at the same time.

52 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

You call BS? 90% of these women are lying? Dude, you are either delusional, extremely naive or uneducated on sexual assault. Unbelievable and disgusting at the same time.

I’ve worked law enforcement. The term sexual assault is upheld so loosely these days. You have no idea how many of these assaults are just boyfriend girlfriend drama and the woman is trying to get back at the man by calling the police. You are the delusional one if you think this many people (Baylor Michigan st, Cosby, Hollywood, etc...) are getting thrown down in a dark alley and raped. Most true assault victims are so beat up that it’s so beyond being able to even attempt covering up, or they are dead. Women are just simply blowing the whistle for whatever #### them off these days. I’m not making this up, I’ve dealt with it first hand. 

I think that any of the people in charge that the U.S. Gymnastics team reported about him should be charged as accomplices.  I heard today that 37 young women reported abuse, but he kept his job, and they covered it up.  I feel the same way if a coach tried to cover up a rape.  This is just wrong on all levels.  

• Like 2

On 1/26/2018 at 8:43 PM, WETSU said:

It's worse than Baylor because they can't plead ignorance here. 

It won't be covered as much because there are multiple brands of value (MSU/B10) to protect.

35 minutes ago, sawemoff said:

It's worse than Baylor because they can't plead ignorance here. 

It won't be covered as much because there are multiple brands of value (MSU/B10) to protect.

Protect MSU/B10? The reports of what Emmert knew and when he knew is pretty damning on the NCAA. The NCAA may make an example of MSU to save face.

• Like 1

On 1/26/2018 at 9:06 PM, topher805 said:

Not buying Barstool Sports as credible, but I do buy into The Athletic and the boys at Barstool basically copied and pasted from The Athletic and their report...

https://www.barstoolsports.com/barstoolu/report-mark-emmert-was-personally-told-about-37-thirty-seven-michigan-state-sexual-assaults-in-2010-and-did-nothing-about-it/?_branch_match_id=468497714182069947

Throwing this in there, Barstool is hilarious.

On 1/27/2018 at 5:19 PM, WETSU said:

I’ve worked law enforcement. The term sexual assault is upheld so loosely these days. You have no idea how many of these assaults are just boyfriend girlfriend drama and the woman is trying to get back at the man by calling the police. You are the delusional one if you think this many people (Baylor Michigan st, Cosby, Hollywood, etc...) are getting thrown down in a dark alley and raped. Most true assault victims are so beat up that it’s so beyond being able to even attempt covering up, or they are dead. Women are just simply blowing the whistle for whatever #### them off these days. I’m not making this up, I’ve dealt with it first hand. 

Prime example, Rodney Anderson - OU running back.

6 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

Throwing this in there, Barstool is hilarious.

Oh I agree. Super funny, but not the source for hard-hitting news. Then again, I did appreciate their borderline plagiarism of The Athletic because I'm currently to cheap to pay for the subscription. 

• Like 1

If you cover it up, whether it's real or not, you are a terrible human being. The best way to go about it is to take responsibility whether the woman is lying or not, because when you cover it up for years, and in this case 8 years, you're basically saying yeah it happened and we didn't want to deal with it. However, WETSU is right. There are women who are mad crazy and do this because they are upset and angry, or honestly just want $$. It sounds insensitive, but it's true. And I've said it before, the women that do that should be ashamed of themselves because there are real victims out there. And if one person is lying, then it makes it harder for the real victims to share their story without being called frauds. Trust me, I have seen someone I'm close to extremely hurt because someone lied about it and was caught making up a story, when they were a real victim. 

1 hour ago, topher805 said:

Protect MSU/B10? The reports of what Emmert knew and when he knew is pretty damning on the NCAA. The NCAA may make an example of MSU to save face.

Yes, protecting them because they knew and did nothing. The issue is the NCAA likely needs new information to do anything. Simply punishing them for what they knew 8 years ago won't fly.

But again, the NCAA/MSU/B10 are not criminal organizations. They are not there to punish players/coaches criminally and aren't responsible for doing so. As long as they can prove they followed procedure, there is nothing anyone can do.

5 minutes ago, sawemoff said:

Yes, protecting them because they knew and did nothing. The issue is the NCAA likely needs new information to do anything. Simply punishing them for what they knew 8 years ago won't fly.

But again, the NCAA/MSU/B10 are not criminal organizations. They are not there to punish players/coaches criminally and aren't responsible for doing so. As long as they can prove they followed procedure, there is nothing anyone can do.

I understand that, and I agree. Like you said, if the NCAA found no fault eight years ago, then they can't charge them after the fact because of public outcry.

Maybe it is just wishful thinking on my part that someone gets punished here. Who knows, maybe some new info gets out and something happens...

1 hour ago, topher805 said:

I understand that, and I agree. Like you said, if the NCAA found no fault eight years ago, then they can't charge them after the fact because of public outcry.

Maybe it is just wishful thinking on my part that someone gets punished here. Who knows, maybe some new info gets out and something happens...

At the end of the day, unless there are criminal charges, a lot of peoples hands are tied from just passing out punishments without forking over tons of money in settlements and buyouts.

• 1 month later...
On 1/26/2018 at 8:50 PM, topher805 said:

It's like Baylor and Penn State had a kid, and that kid was a hellraiser. Izzo and Dantonio jobs in jeopardy. 

http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/22214566/pattern-denial-inaction-information-suppression-michigan-state-goes-larry-nassar-case-espn

Baylor in the news again for the usual today. 

• 4 weeks later...