Early 2018 non-district football schedules

4 hours ago, playactionpass39 said:

NAC should be better, they will be young but experienced. They played a lot of young ones this year and even more to come.

The biggest problem with NAC will be on the offensive line.

The freshman group coming up will add some speed and the twin running backs are monsters!!! Losing our 2 best linebackers along with our most experienced OL will be a must fill. Nac could be the youngest varsity team in the district. JV will be horrible with all of our talent on varsity and our 8th grade group moving to 9th grade will have a second group of talented players. 2018 should start a 4 year run of Nac. being very competitive if they stay in an East Texas district and stay 5a div 2 for the next 4 years.

On 1/30/2018 at 2:15 PM, Golfingnut said:

From reading Matt's tweets the only thing I can tell for Gladewater is Week 1-Spring Hill & Week 5-Pittsburg.

Add PG to the Bears schedule week 4

Week 1-SH   Week 4-PG  Week 5-Pittsburg

15 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Gilmer can’t find anyone to play they have been turned away by Just about every school in East Texas besides Atlanta and Carthage because they are having the same issue 

Aren’t y’all just looking for two games? Got the rest booked?

MALAKOFF NON-DISTRICT FOOTBALL OPPONENTS (Sites TBD)

Scrimmages -- Mineola, Rusk
Week 1 -- Teague.
Week 2 -- Rains.
Week 3 -- Mexia.
Week 4 -- Grandview.
Week 5 or 6 -- Spring Hill.
(Open date will be either Week 5 or 6).

2 hours ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Gilmer can’t find anyone to play they have been turned away by Just about every school in East Texas besides Atlanta and Carthage because they are having the same issue 

I would like to see Gilmer and Henderson in non-district. Hendo is 0-5 against the Bux this decade but I always enjoyed the games.

3 minutes ago, Aggie98 said:

Kilgore non-district:

Scrimmage - Gilmer

Scrimmage - Kaufman

1. Nac

2. Hallville

3. Pine Tree

4. T-High

5. Pittsburg

So I am hearing Henderson, Lufkin, Tyler Lee and Kilgore are all playing Nac. So unless one of them is a scrimmage then that is one too many games.

39 minutes ago, Lion70 said:

Is Henderson still looking for two games? Hopefully they are competitive

With three 5A schools on the non-district sked...and then playing in the DoD...think I would be looking for a couple of "manageable" opponents for those last two slots.