NFL Offseason

25 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Saints trade a 3rd pick to the Jets for Teddy Bridgewater. He’s only 25, former 1st round pick. Give him a chance to learn from Brees and this could be a smooth transition in a year or two.

Wonder what this means for JT Barrett…… 

On 8/29/2018 at 10:25 AM, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Browns LB Mychal Kendricks Charged With Insider Trading https://t.co/286f5YiB3F https://t.co/4XLK6LIVDG

His statement made me chuckle. 

He was cut today...

If you watch Hard Knocks, Kendricks gave some gooooood insider info on the Eagles before the Browns preseason game...Irony at its greatest...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, topher805 said:

or Tom Savage...

Geeez, how is this guy still in the League?

I swear, I could do just as lousy as him in the NFL, and for half the price. 

Do you hear that, NFL general managers? AT HALF THE PRICE!!! 

37 minutes ago, topher805 said:

The sad reality of being a Texans fan right now...Oh...Wait...we have Deshaun Watson...Please hold sturdy ACL

Hopefully they learned their lesson from David Carr. Protect him at all costs.

Long time coming: Rams and Aaron Donald finalizing a record 6-year, $135 million, including $87 million guaranteed, per source. Richest defensive deal in NFL history.

Donald now tied to LA for next seven years. And he will be ready for Monday night opener vs. Raiders.

It's on. 

8 hours ago, topher805 said:

Texans officially cut Shane Lechler today in favor of rookie Trevor Daniels...

He was the biggest name I saw cut, and he was tied for the longest tenured Texan from what I read in the paper a few days ago.  He had a solid year last year with a 49 yard average.  I guess it was cheaper to pay a rookie.  I did see New Orleans cut WR Michael Floyd, but checking his stats he only had one 1000 yard season with Arizona several years ago.  Until other teams announce a big star that's it.  I don't see the Cowboys being able to pick anything up off the waiver wire.  They've looked terrible in preseason.  

2 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

He was the biggest name I saw cut, and he was tied for the longest tenured Texan from what I read in the paper a few days ago.  He had a solid year last year with a 49 yard average.  I guess it was cheaper to pay a rookie.  I did see New Orleans cut WR Michael Floyd, but checking his stats he only had one 1000 yard season with Arizona several years ago.  Until other teams announce a big star that's it.  I don't see the Cowboys being able to pick anything up off the waiver wire.  They've looked terrible in preseason.  

Lechler and Daniel were in a tight battle all through camp. The team figured it was better to take Daniel now, instead of cutting him and watching Lechler retire in a year or two. This kid is going to be really good. 

Lechler has actually be getting some criticism lately about outkicking his coverage. He can still boom them, but doesn't have the hang time for his coverage team to get down there. Daniel had a better net average through camp...

2 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

I’m kinda curious about the kid we picked up from KC. We trade a UDFA for a former 4th RD tackle. Kid was a starter his rookie year but got hurt. I don’t know if he’s damaged goods. But we could probably use another interior lineman, definitely need a safety. Are we really happy with our TEs? 

21 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Raiders trade Khalil Mack to the Chicago Bears.

2 1st rounders and possibly a player. Anyway you slice it, Bears get a pass rusher in his prime (a la Haley to the Boys), who if the Bears hit on Trubisky, could make Chicago a playoff team sooner rather than later.

6 hours ago, Stoney said:

2 1st rounders and possibly a player. Anyway you slice it, Bears get a pass rusher in his prime (a la Haley to the Boys), who if the Bears hit on Trubisky, could make Chicago a playoff team sooner rather than later.

Adam Schefter- 

Trade official, source tells ESPN:

Bears get: Khalil Mack, a 2020 second-round round pick and a conditional 2020 fifth-round pick. 

Raiders get: 2019 first-round pick, 2020 first-round pick, 2020 third-round pick, 2019 sixth-round pick.

So Bears get back second-round pick, too

Bears basically give up next year’s first and move down in ‘20 from the 1st to a 2nd RD pick. That’s ridiculous. The Raiders are in salary cap hell. Cowboys fans think we are and have been. No. The Raiders are in hell. They couldn’t afford to re-sign Mack. They pretty much had to trade him for salary cap relief. Al Davis’ mentally handicapped son and Trader Jon Gruden deserve to move to Vegas. Cause deals and moves like this get you taken out to the desert and whacked.

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

Adam Schefter- 

Trade official, source tells ESPN:

Bears get: Khalil Mack, a 2020 second-round round pick and a conditional 2020 fifth-round pick. 

Raiders get: 2019 first-round pick, 2020 first-round pick, 2020 third-round pick, 2019 sixth-round pick.

So Bears get back second-round pick, too

Bears basically give up next year’s first and move down in ‘20 from the 1st to a 2nd RD pick. That’s ridiculous. The Raiders are in salary cap hell. Cowboys fans think we are and have been. No. The Raiders are in hell. They couldn’t afford to re-sign Mack. They pretty much had to trade him for salary cap relief. Al Davis’ mentally handicapped son and Trader Jon Gruden deserve to move to Vegas. Cause deals and moves like this get you taken out to the desert and whacked.

Then they brought in AJ McCarron right afterwards lol. Raiders dumb. 

1 minute ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Then they brought in AJ McCarron right afterwards lol. Raiders dumb. 

And cut Martavis Bryant after trading a 3rd rounder for him. Raiders gotta be on whatever Bryant is fixing to get suspended for. 

• LOL! 1

22 hours ago, Stoney said:

I’m kinda curious about the kid we picked up from KC. We trade a UDFA for a former 4th RD tackle. Kid was a starter his rookie year but got hurt. I don’t know if he’s damaged goods. But we could probably use another interior lineman, definitely need a safety. Are we really happy with our TEs? 

I'm not especially after this :  http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000957583/article/rico-gathers-set-to-make-cowboys-despite-arrest

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

I don’t get the Jerry/Stephen/Garrett love for a guy that has done nothing for the Cowboys. 3 years and numerous headaches. It’s time to cut bait.

On 9/1/2018 at 7:01 PM, Stoney said:

I don’t get the Jerry/Stephen/Garrett love for a guy that has done nothing for the Cowboys. 3 years and numerous headaches. It’s time to cut bait.

He had a good preseason last year.  You can't tell me a concussion will knock you out for the whole season.  I can understand maybe 2-4 games, but an entire 16 game season ?  He should have been used some.  While I don't know the circumstances of his arrest if he tests positive by the league I would cut him.  If he doesn't play this year, the same thing.