District 11-2A (D-I)

KirtFalcon

Ok, my wife bought me a DCTF so here is what it says about our district ...

DCTF District Predictions: Returning Starters O/D

1 Tennyha  4/4

2 Garrison 6/6

3 Timpson 5/7

4 Joaquin 4/8

5 LK 7/9

6 Beckville 7/6

7 Harleton 8/7

DCTF State Rankings:

1 Refugio

2 Shiner

3 Mason

4 DeLeon

5 Bosqueville

6 San Augustine

7 Valley View

8 Hearne

9 Centerville

10 Panhandle

11 Tenaha

12 Stamford

13 Crawford

14 Garrison

15 Sundown

16 New Deal

17 Price Carlisle

18 Timpson

19 Joaquin

20 Alto

10 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Ok, my wife bought me a DCTF so here is what it says about our district ...

DCTF District Predictions: Returning Starters O/D

1 Tennyha  4/4

2 Garrison 6/6

3 Timpson 5/7

4 Joaquin 4/8

5 LK 7/9

6 Beckville 7/6

7 Harleton 8/7

DCTF State Rankings:

1 Refugio

2 Shiner

3 Mason

4 DeLeon

5 Bosqueville

6 San Augustine

7 Valley View

8 Hearne

9 Centerville

10 Panhandle

11 Tenaha

12 Stamford

13 Crawford

14 Garrison

15 Sundown

16 New Deal

17 Price Carlisle

18 Timpson

19 Joaquin

20 Alto

I dont see Timpson going to the playoffs.  I dont see Tenaha beating Garrison either. 

5 hours ago, SAWolfman said:

I dont see Timpson going to the playoffs.  I dont see Tenaha beating Garrison either. 

3 of the 4 districts in Region 3 are pretty easy to pick. I think Centerville wins District 9, with Kerens 2nd. The rest of that one is pretty thin. In District 10, I’ll take Carlisle, Alto, Big Sandy, and UG, in that order. District 11 is wide open, IMO. I’ll make picks on it after we get some games in. In District 12, I’ve got SA, Groveton, Shelbyville, Deweyville. A couple of non-district games between 11 and 12 should be interesting in how they match up. Joaquin plays Deweyville and Shelbyville, and SA plays Garrison and Tenaha. I also think Beckville plays West Sabine. Garrison/ Alto should tell us a little about District 10, and SA/ Centerville marches up 9 and 12. 

San Augustine is probably the most potent East Texas School talent wise.  Hopefully we won't be as banged up this year when we play them.  If so, it will be a lot closer game than last year, but they still have to be the favorite to go the deepest in the playoffs.  As far as District 11 goes, I give Tenaha a slight advantage over Garrison, Joaquin and Timpson.  Beckville, LK and Harleton could surprise some folks and pull some upsets.  When Garrison and Timpson play, anything can happen, as is the history/rivalry.  Timpson may have the best RB in the district.  My preseason wild guess is that Tenaha wins the district championship and Garrison, Timpson and Joaquin finish 2-4 in any order ... This is going to be a fun district to watch and may turn out to be a survival of the fittest /  war of attrition season .... I look on the bright side, at least Newton is not on the district schedule ... lol ....

23 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

San Augustine is probably the most potent East Texas School talent wise.  Hopefully we won't be as banged up this year when we play them.  If so, it will be a lot closer game than last year, but they still have to be the favorite to go the deepest in the playoffs.  As far as District 11 goes, I give Tenaha a slight advantage over Garrison, Joaquin and Timpson.  Beckville, LK and Harleton could surprise some folks and pull some upsets.  When Garrison and Timpson play, anything can happen, as is the history/rivalry.  Timpson may have the best RB in the district.  My preseason wild guess is that Tenaha wins the district championship and Garrison, Timpson and Joaquin finish 2-4 in any order ... This is going to be a fun district to watch and may turn out to be a survival of the fittest /  war of attrition season .... I look on the bright side, at least Newton is not on the district schedule ... lol ....

With what L-K returns, no game they win in district will be “an upset”. Not saying it is not possible that L-K finishes last, especially if the QB/DB, the stud RB/LB, or the all state LB goes down due to injury, but if healthy they will be contenders 

3 hours ago, cotton84 said:

With what L-K returns, no game they win in district will be “an upset”. Not saying it is not possible that L-K finishes last, especially if the QB/DB, the stud RB/LB, or the all state LB goes down due to injury, but if healthy they will be contenders 

Let me remind you ... you aren't in this powder puff district any more ... Bogata Rivercrest, Honey Grove, Linden-Kildare, Quinlan Boles, Simms Bowie and  Wolfe City ... I think you will find a little tougher sledding in 11-2A .... 

Edited by KirtFalcon

2 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Let me remind you ... you aren't in this powder puff district any more ... Bogata Rivercrest, Honey Grove, Linden-Kildare, Quinlan Boles, Simms Bowie and  Wolfe City ... I think you will find a little tougher sledding in 11-2A .... 

Wolfe City smh.  They shouldn't have been in the playoffs...

8 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

3 of the 4 districts in Region 3 are pretty easy to pick. I think Centerville wins District 9, with Kerens 2nd. The rest of that one is pretty thin. In District 10, I’ll take Carlisle, Alto, Big Sandy, and UG, in that order. District 11 is wide open, IMO. I’ll make picks on it after we get some games in. In District 12, I’ve got SA, Groveton, Shelbyville, Deweyville. A couple of non-district games between 11 and 12 should be interesting in how they match up. Joaquin plays Deweyville and Shelbyville, and SA plays Garrison and Tenaha. I also think Beckville plays West Sabine. Garrison/ Alto should tell us a little about District 10, and SA/ Centerville marches up 9 and 12. 

SA also plays Centerville.  We have a pretty decent pre-district schedule.

On 7/14/2018 at 8:18 PM, KirtFalcon said:

I have my doubts about Bosqueville, Panhandle,  Stamford,  Sundown and New Deal ... 

Bosqueville is usually pretty solid. They’ve almost always had the misfortune to be in a district with Mart. Also, this time around, they’re in Region II, which could mean a much more favorable route to a playoff run. If Coach Zander is still over there, you can expect them to play hard nosed defense, and execute the short passing game on offense as well as anyone. 

1 hour ago, trueblue82 said:

Bosqueville is usually pretty solid. They’ve almost always had the misfortune to be in a district with Mart. Also, this time around, they’re in Region II, which could mean a much more favorable route to a playoff run. If Coach Zander is still over there, you can expect them to play hard nosed defense, and execute the short passing game on offense as well as anyone. 

They have had some recent success, but I don't see them ranked as a top 10 team, lower half of the top 20 ... maybe ...

Edited by KirtFalcon

• 2 weeks later...

I still say Tennyha is the odds on favorite to win the district, with a c r a p shoot for 2-3-4 place between Garrison, Timpson, Joe Quinn ..... LK, Beckville and Harleton need to show they belong in 11-2A .... the Garrison vs Timpson game is going to be a barn burner ....:woot: 

Edited by KirtFalcon

52 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

I still say Tennyha is the odds on favorite to win the district, with a c r a p shoot for 2-3-4 place between Garrison, Timpson, Joe Quinn ..... LK, Beckville and Harleton need to show they belong in 11-2A .... the Garrison vs Timpson game is going to be a barn burner ....:woot: 

I think you'll know about where yall stand vs Tenaha after the Troup vs Teneha game....can't always judge teams vs other teams but Troup is similar matchup scheme wise.

20 minutes ago, Greezychef said:

3 wins in 2 seasons with some bad losses to very average teams.

Waskom, Arp, EF, WR.... very avg compared to this district? right.....y'alls win loss record would have been close as well....don't kid yourself. and before you comment with a no or noway whatever....Y'all have the 5th place team of that district on your preseason schedule....Let's see how yall fair....what you think?

Don't know who wins this district. Of course I am a Homer so I go with joaquin. One thing for sure it will be a slobber knocker for sure.whoever has the least injuries has a good chance to win. For sure there is speed in this district.  And a lot of talent. I pray that there are no injuries from first practice until the season is over. 

• Like 1