District 11-2A (D-I)

KirtFalcon

3 hours ago, Greezychef said:

With the coaching staff Beckville has assembled,  they are serious about trying to be a solid 2a program and hit the ground running.   

I will say this about LK.  They have a lot of skill kids that can move.  I don't know about how they'll match up in the trenches with physical teams.  That's their big question mark.  Garrison,  Tenaha, Joaquin and Timpson play physical ball.  And probably in that order of most to least physical.  If they can match up, I can see LK being in the hunt.

Harleton will struggle.  

LK should petition the UIL to reimburse them for bus fuel. They get to travel to Joaquin, Tenaha, Timpson, and Garrison over the next two years. Gonna rack up a lot of miles. 

1 minute ago, trueblue82 said:

Let’s start looking at week 1 matchups.

I know Joaquin travels to Deweyville, and Tenaha plays Troup, but I don’t know if that’s at The Pit or not. 

Garrison goes to T.K.Gorman in Tyler for the 2nd year in a row .... don't know how that happened.  I felt like we should have beaten them last year but all the breaks went against us ... we got our top RB injured in that game and he was out for almost half of the season ... they had a very prolific passing game and they ending up beating us at the very end of the game on a long pass play ... we actually played them closer than White Oak and Waskom did ... 2017 results: ....TK Gorman 41- Garrison 35 ........ they beat White Oak 39-29 .... and they beat Waskom 56-38 ..... it should be a good opening test for the dawgs .... 

4 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Garrison goes to T.K.Gorman in Tyler for the 2nd year in a row .... don't know how that happened.  I felt like we should have beaten them last year but all the breaks went against us ... we got our top RB injured in that game and he was out for almost half of the season ... they had a very prolific passing game and they ending up beating us at the very end of the game on a long pass play ... we actually played them closer than White Oak and Waskom did ... 2017 results: ....TK Gorman 41- Garrison 35 ........ they beat White Oak 39-29 .... and they beat Waskom 56-38 ..... it should be a good opening test for the dawgs .... 

Thanks Kirt. 

On 7/31/2018 at 10:36 PM, trueblue82 said:

Joaquin at Deweyville 

Garrison at TK Gorman

LK at Hooks 

Tenaha hosts Troup 

Timpson vs Hemphill 

Beckville vs Shelbyville 

Harleton vs Queen City

Just how far is dewy illegal from joaquin, True

2 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

According to google maps, about 2 hours and 20 minutes drive time. Probably closer to 3 hours for the buses. Gonna make for a long trip home. 

Bring a boat if it rains, you never know when it's gonna flood in Deweyville. Seriously. 

9 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Bring a boat if it rains, you never know when it's gonna flood in Deweyville. Seriously. 

Lol. Two years ago the Sabine River Authority held off on opening the floodgates on the dam as Toledo Bend rose because they didn’t want to flood communities south of the dam like Deweyville. By the time they HAD to open them to prevent the dam from breaching, they had flooded everyone north of it, then flooded everything south of it by opening the gates. Dang near wiped Deweyville off the map. We had over 100 homes with at least 3 feet of water in them. 

12 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Lol. Two years ago the Sabine River Authority held off on opening the floodgates on the dam as Toledo Bend rose because they didn’t want to flood communities south of the dam like Deweyville. By the time they HAD to open them to prevent the dam from breaching, they had flooded everyone north of it, then flooded everything south of it by opening the gates. Dang near wiped Deweyville off the map. We had over 100 homes with at least 3 feet of water in them. 

Yup I remember. I hate it for those guys, some good folks there, they were in my alma mater's district when I was in HS. 

15 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Yup I remember. I hate it for those guys, some good folks there, they were in my alma mater's district when I was in HS. 

Between the river flood of ‘16 and Hurricane Harvey, Deweyville has been pretty hard hit the last couple years. 

Ok District 11 peeps, it’s time to step up our game. While Kirt is filling deer feeders, BearcatBlue primping in his new State championship baseball cap, me keeping the natural gas flowing to prevent Yankees from freezing to death, and Greezychef getting fitted for his new Tiger pajamas, we’re getting out smacked by a couple of bugs from Alto and a hula dancer from Cushing. This is unacceptable. You guys have Doomer considering moving to Shelbyville. SHELBYVILLE!!!! For the love of GOD, people, get it together! 

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, trueblue82 said:

Ok District 11 peeps, it’s time to step up our game. While Kirt is filling deer feeders, BearcatBlue primping in his new State championship baseball cap, me keeping the natural gas flowing to prevent Yankees from freezing to death, and Greezychef getting fitted for his new Tiger pajamas, we’re getting out smacked by a couple of bugs from Alto and a hula dancer from Cushing. This is unacceptable. You guys have Doomer considering moving to Shelbyville. SHELBYVILLE!!!! For the love of GOD, people, get it together! 

Where in Siberia is shelbyville

10 hours ago, Ramfanforever said:

Where in Siberia is shelbyville

It’s where Doomer went in search of his old buddies CreasyBear and Highnrass6. He said the new coaching staff offered him the spot on the track where AsYouWere used to stand, but as you know, Doomer has a great fear of lizards, and that dragon mascot gives him the heebiejeebies. Tru storie. 

• LOL! 1