District 11-2A (D-I)

KirtFalcon

1 minute ago, KirtFalcon said:

I haven't heard a peep out of our Tenaha or Timpson faithful .... crickets ....

I would say timpson is gonna be solid this year based on a building off last year's breakout season and osby being a senior this year. 

I would say tenaha is probably still finding itself after loosing so much from last season, including thier coach.. But being Tenaha, well.. Dude it's tenaha and they always reload.. Lol 

9 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Speaking of which, who has tenaha scrimmaged and how do they look this year after graduating some really good senior leaders? 

I heard they scored twice against Shelbyville and didnt allow Sville to score.  

6 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

I would say timpson is gonna be solid this year based on a building off last year's breakout season and osby being a senior this year. 

I would say tenaha is probably still finding itself after loosing so much from last season, including thier coach.. But being Tenaha, well.. Dude it's tenaha and they always reload.. Lol 

I feel that Tenaha will make the move up without too many hiccups. After all, they’ve played well against good programs that are bigger than them for years, and they’ve won more than they’ve lost. I can’t say the same for Timpson. When they were D1 a few years ago, they had one good year and then nothing until they dropped to D2. They did win a bunch of games last year, but how many of those can you call “quality” wins? Granted, they do have an outstanding coach, so we will see how good of a program he is building this year. I think it’s a little premature to be saying what they’re going to do. 

8 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

The ville should have gotten better from last year, they weren't far from turning around as best I could tell, maybe some seniors stepping up and finding some moxie.. 

Plenty of athletes over there. I’m curious about what their offense is gonna look like. I’m hearing some interesting things about it. 

12 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Plenty of athletes over there. I’m curious about what their offense is gonna look like. I’m hearing some interesting things about it. 

It is somewhat different ... Lots of old unbalanced Single Wing theory mixed with a few newer concepts ... virtually every blocking scheme is kick and roll ....

30 minutes ago, DOB said:

It is somewhat different ... Lots of old unbalanced Single Wing theory mixed with a few newer concepts ... virtually every blocking scheme is kick and roll ....

Ran a lot of unbalanced sets in high school, if your lineman are intelligent and can move, scheme block and pull block... You can take a defense apart by the piece.. Especially helps if the backs and receiver are small and fleet.. Js 

S'ville: Right now they are pretty much one dimensional .... if you really study what they do, things will jump out at you ... not sure what will happen when people line up to stop their sets rather than play their base defenses in scrimmages ... we shall see ... a simple and basic look in a nutshell ... 

nutshell.jpg

First time I've seen a crossover snap in a while ... now that is pure Single Wing ... Pop Warner would be proud ... though a little off-set in the four back set, looks a lot like the old, old Notre Dame Box (without the shifting) with an End-Over ... what's next? The Side-Saddle? or the Buck & Lateral?

First games coming up this week ... the season is upon us ... 

Dawgs travel to TK Gorman for the 2nd year in a row Saturday night 7pm  .... hoping to come out healthy this time ... they still have their big tall and accurate pro-style QB and some very good receivers back so it will be a challenge  ... they beat us on a last minute long pass last year ... hoping we can put a stop to that this time around ...  we need to ball control them and keep their prolific offense off the field .... I do believe our defense is better this year and our offense is clicking pretty good ... 

Edited by KirtFalcon

1 hour ago, Destry said:

Learned long time ago that penetration is the key to stopping the basic single wing, more throwing possibilities out of the above diagram than regular single wing, in this diagram qb will have to be better athlete.

Ya'll still talkin bout Shebbyville?  This is the big boy thread -  11-2A ....

Kirt, just commenting in general. Personnaly, i wish more schools would run the wing t or power I instead  of the chunk and dunk or scramble or the choke and puke or the "you run down the field as fast as you can and i will throw it" offense. Course, i dont understand the spread but each to his own. Just old school.

6 minutes ago, Destry said:

Kirt, just commenting in general. Personnaly, i wish more schools would run the wing t or power I instead  of the chunk and dunk or scramble or the choke and puke or the "you run down the field as fast as you can and i will throw it" offense. Course, i dont understand the spread but each to his own. Just old school.

I like old school smash mouth football too ... that used to be Garrison's MO until recently ... back in the "old days (early 70s)" when I was playing we ran the Power I and I was the I back ... had a couple of games with over 30 carries and I averaged about 24 carries and 135 yds a game ... that's old school ...  it seems these days with all the spread offenses, it's tough to make a deep playoff run without somewhat of a balanced offense ... one dimensional offensive teams more times than not run into a defense along the way that stops their bread and butter ... 

4 minutes ago, Destry said:

I am from the early 70s and from dragonland. Did my student teaching at Garrison in fall of 75 under Buddy Pierce.

I graduated in 72 my senior season was the 71 season ... left Garrison and joined the Air Force in 75 .... retired twice and moved back home about 4 years ago ... 

Rams played two extremely tough scrimmage opponents. Defense looked good on both games. Offense struggled in first game and improved in 2nd game. Several new guys playing different positions on offense line. Making improvements but not yet gelling on timing with blocks and backs. Looking to get on track this week.

On 8/25/2018 at 1:49 PM, KirtFalcon said:

I graduated in 72 my senior season was the 71 season ... left Garrison and joined the Air Force in 75 .... retired twice and moved back home about 4 years ago ... 

In 72 I joined the Air Force good out in 76 and back here. Worked in the oil field for a while but then found my true calling and became a foster parent and over 23 years had 95 kids in my hoke. Adopted 4and now have a slew of grand kids.

On 8/22/2018 at 11:00 PM, StingEmALTO said:

Oh, and it wouldn’t surprise me in the least to see Garrison win the district! Just throwing that out there! Lol

I could see Garrison n Bearcats tied at one point but just feels BHS pulls away! Guess time'll tell

2 minutes ago, Doomer said:

I could see Garrison n Bearcats tied at one point but just feels BHS pulls away! Guess time'll tell

I will be shocked if Beckville hangs with Garrison. But that’s precisely why we play the game! Lol I don’t see Beckville making the playoffs, but I’ve been surprised before! We’ll see. 

1 hour ago, StingEmALTO said:

I will be shocked if Beckville hangs with Garrison. But that’s precisely why we play the game! Lol I don’t see Beckville making the playoffs, but I’ve been surprised before! We’ll see. 

They couldn't even finish a scrimmage...maybe they can finish a game since it counts!

• LOL! 1