District 11-2A (D-I)

KirtFalcon

2 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

He got hurt/injured with 40 seconds left in the game. 

L-K had a 1 point lead at half and the final score. Only 2 times L-K had the lead. 

Timpson had a seven points lead 3 different times - which was their biggest lead. 

Sounds like a good game. Was hoping Timpson would pull it out. Man!! Hate to hear of an injury, but 40 seconds left stings even more. All the best to Osby. 

8 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Garrison 49 Tenaha 42 Bulldogs held off a Tiger comeback and clinch the district title. 

LK won a shootout over Timpson 41-40. 🙏🙏 for Jordan Osby. Hopefully his injury isn’t serious. 

Joaquin dominated Beckville 35-7. I think Beckville can still make the playoffs if they win out, but that means beating Timpson and LK. The Rams have a shot at the #2 spot if they can upset Tenaha next week. 

Garrison 5-0 Harleton, bye. 

Tenaha 3-1, Joaquin, LK

Joaquin 2-2, Tenaha, Harleton 

Linden-Kildare 2-2 Beckville, Tenaha 

Timpson 2-3 bye, Beckville 

Beckville 1-3 LK, Timpson 

Harleton 0-4 Garrison, Joaquin 

Hypothetically, let’s say

Joaquin loses to Tenaha but beat Harleton they finish at 3-3

LK beats Beckville but loses to Tenaha, they finish at 3-3

Timpson beats Beckville and finish 3-3. 

Who would be the playoff teams and in what order? Joaquin has the tiebreaker points just barely right?

3 minutes ago, yourteamstinks said:

Who would be the playoff teams and in what order? Joaquin has the tiebreaker points just barely right?

Joaquin + 3

Timpson +3

L-K. -6

Joaquin beat L- K by 7 and lost to Timpson by 4. L-K beat Timpson by 1. 

4 hours ago, yourteamstinks said:

3 hours ago, cotton84 said:

By most district tiebreakers, Timpson would be number 3 seed and Joaquin would be number 4 since points are the same but Timpson beat Joaquin. 

I imagine this district does the same. 

Cotton you are correct. 

So, Tennyhaw vs Joe Quinn game is in the "pit" ...  I may have to go see this one .... I don't think I am going to drive all the way to Harleton for that game ... Prolly have to sit on the home side since all three seats on the visitors side will probably be taken and I don't want to drag a lawn chair to the game ...

Edited by KirtFalcon

5 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Where is the Tennyhaw vs Joe Quinn game?  I may have to go see this one .... I don't think I am going to drive all the way to Harleton for that game ...

It’s at The Pit. If you don’t want to park in Bobo, bring an extra $5. Tru storie. 

• LOL! 1

14 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

It’s at The Pit. If you don’t want to park in Bobo, bring an extra $5. Tru storie. 

How many feet below sea level is the field?  I may bring a rubber raft and an oar in case it rains so I can get back to my truck ...

• LOL! 1

11 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

How many feet below sea level is the field?  I may bring a rubber raft and an oar in case it rains so I can get back to my truck ...

You can sit in the duck boat with me and the wife. She has to take pictures and I do stats. I’ll need you to help me spot tackles and occasionally throw a kid a flotation device. 

• LOL! 1

Garrison has clinched the 1 seed so their game is a tuneup before the bye and heading into round 1.

Joaquin-Tenaha and Beckville-LK could all but settle the district race or really makes things even more interesting going into week 11.

Lets day Tenaha and LK win (the favorites)

We’d have...

Tenaha 4-1

LK 3-2

Timpson 2-3

Joaquin 2-3

Beckville 1-4 (eliminated)

Tenaha LK would then be playing for 2/3 & Timpson could clinch the 4 seed with a win over Beckville. Joaquin would need a win and Timpson loss to get in. 

Lets say Joaquin-LK win:

Joaquin 3-2

Tenaha 3-2

LK 3-2

Timpson 2-3 

Joaquin could clinch the 2 seed with a win over Harleton. Tenaha/LK winner would be the 3 seed and the loser would be the 4 seed (assuming Joaquin beats Harleton). Timpson would need to win week 11 and have Joaquin & LK both lose to get in which they would do as the 3 seed.

Lets day Tenaha-Beckville win:

Tenaha 4-1

LK, Joaquin, Beckville, Timpson 2-3.

what a cluster this would be. Snikey. There are about 12 different scenarios that would then be possible in Week 11.

Joaquin would be in with a win. Being tied with LK & Beckville they are good on points. Being tied with Timpson and Beckville they are good on points. Being tied with Timpson and LK they are good on points.

Timpson/Beckville winner would be in with a win. (Either tied with LK & Jo would have head to head on LK/points on LK).

LK would need to win and have Joaquin lose. 

And lastly let’s say Joaquin-Beckville win:

Joaquin 3-2

Tenaha 3-2

Beckville 2-3

Timpson 2-3

LK 2-3

Joaquin would clinch 2 seed with a win. Gonna still be in due to points/Head to Head with a loss. 

Tenaha would be in no matter what happens because they have the head to head over both Beckville and Timpson. 

Timpson would need to win and have Tenaha win or Joaquin lose to get in. 

Beckille would be in with a win and Joaquin win or LK loss. 

LK point scenario will be decided this week. If they lose this week it has to be by small amounts. A win in week 11 would not guarantee a playoff spot. 

1 hour ago, villagegenius said:

Garrison has clinched the 1 seed so their game is a tuneup before the bye and heading into round 1.

Joaquin-Tenaha and Beckville-LK could all but settle the district race or really makes things even more interesting going into week 11.

We’d have...

Tenaha 4-1

LK 3-2

Timpson 2-3

Joaquin 2-3

Tenaha LK would then be playing for 2/3 & Timpson could clinch the 4 seed with a win over Beckville. Joaquin would need a win and Timpson loss to get in. 

Lets say Joaquin-LK win:

Joaquin 3-2

Tenaha 3-2

LK 3-2

Timpson 2-3 

Joaquin could clinch the 2 seed with a win over Harleton. Tenaha/LK winner would be the 3 seed and the loser would be the 4 seed (assuming Joaquin beats Harleton). Timpson would need to win week 11 and have Joaquin & LK both lose to get in which they would do as the 3 seed.

Tenaha 4-1

what a cluster this would be. Snikey. There are about 12 different scenarios that would then be possible in Week 11.

Joaquin would be in with a win. Being tied with LK & Beckville they are good on points. Being tied with Timpson and Beckville they are good on points. Being tied with Timpson and LK they are good on points.

Timpson/Beckville winner would be in with a win. (Either tied with LK & Jo would have head to head on LK/points on LK).

Joaquin 3-2

Tenaha 3-2

Beckville 2-3

Timpson 2-3

LK 2-3

Joaquin would clinch 2 seed with a win. Gonna still be in due to points/Head to Head with a loss. 

Tenaha would be in no matter what happens because they have the head to head over both Beckville and Timpson. 

LK point scenario will be decided this week. If they lose this week it has to be by small amounts. A win in week 11 would not guarantee a playoff spot. 

Well we knew when the district was announced that it would be crazy. Just on our end of things, allowing a TD by LK with 5 seconds left has made things closer than they should be. Our only missed extra point and a missed chip shot FG against Timpson (not to mention the whole deal of losing to Timpson) is a factor. I’m sure LK and Timpson can point to similar events in their games as well. The only coaches NOT pulling their hair out this week are the ones at Garrison and Harleton. 

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 8:06 AM, trueblue82 said:

You can sit in the duck boat with me and the wife. She has to take pictures and I do stats. I’ll need you to help me spot tackles and occasionally throw a kid a flotation device. 

I heard they had their down markers fitted with pontoons with a sliding bobber to mark the location of the ball ...

19 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

I heard they had their down markers fitted with pontoons with a sliding bobber to mark the location of the ball ...

Creative thinking on their part. There’s also a rumor that the zebra crew will be 5 of Doomer’s ex-girlfriends, which may be a step up from some of the crews we’ve seen out of the SFA chapter. 

On 10/28/2018 at 7:26 PM, villagegenius said:

We’d have...

Tenaha 4-1

LK 3-2

Timpson 2-3

Joaquin 2-3

Lets say Joaquin-LK win:

Joaquin 3-2

Tenaha 3-2

LK 3-2

Timpson 2-3 

Tenaha 4-1

Joaquin 3-2

Tenaha 3-2

Beckville 2-3

Timpson 2-3

LK 2-3

Under Scenario 1 (Tenaha & LK Win this week) , how would their next week with Tenaha decide 2/3.

Assuming Joaquin beats Harleton & LK loses to Tenaha, that would put both at 3-3 

doesnt Joaquin have the points advantage over LK?

42 minutes ago, yourteamstinks said:

Under Scenario 1 (Tenaha & LK Win this week) , how would their next week with Tenaha decide 2/3.

Assuming Joaquin beats Harleton & LK loses to Tenaha, that would put both at 3-3 

Joaquin LK and Timpson would finish 3-3....assuming Timpson beats Bville. Joaquin and Timpson are +3 and LK is -1....Timpson gets #3 seed and Joe #4. LK stays home at 7-3.......but if LK could beat Tenaha on last week of season then that knocks Joe out and we stay home at 7-3......crazy things about happen around here.

1 hour ago, yourteamstinks said:

L-K wins the next 2 weeks, they get 2nd in district...………...Tenaha would get 2nd otherwise...…….believe that is basicly what he is saying

10 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

L-K wins the next 2 weeks, they get 2nd in district...………...Tenaha would get 2nd otherwise...…….believe that is basicly what he is saying

If Joaquin beats Tenaha Friday, it won’t matter if LK wins the next two weeks . Joaquin would go as 2nd (assuming a win over Harleton).  Joaquin has the points advantage over the tie scenario with LK. 

If Tenaha beats Joaquin, you would need to beat Tenaha or have Beckville beat Timpson to get in .  I think

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, yourteamstinks said:

If Joaquin beats Tenaha Friday, it won’t matter if LK wins the next two weeks . Joaquin would go as 2nd (assuming a win over Harleton).  Joaquin has the points advantage over the tie scenario with LK. 

If Tenaha beats Joaquin, you would need to beat Tenaha or have Beckville beat Timpson to get in .  I think

Your question was in regards to scenario number 1. My answer was to scenario number 1. 

Garrison 6 - 0 

Tenaha and Joaquin 3-2

L-K, Timpson, Beckville 2-3

Harleton 0 -5 

Tenaha at L-K, Joaquin at Harleton, and Beckville at Timpson

Interesting scenarios regarding who gets 3rd thru 6th--------I am assuming Joaquin beats Harleton and gets the 2nd seed