District 11-2A (D-I)

KirtFalcon

We scrimmaged Beckville last week.   They got some good sized athletes.  They scored 3 times right out the gate on our 1s in the controlled series. I don’t know how many times they scored on our 2nd/JV.   When we played the live half I believe the score was 13-7 them.  Beckville will be fine.  It just #### that all those good teams are in 1 district and some playoff caliber teams will be sitting at home.  

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Maudite said:

We scrimmaged Beckville last week.   They got some good sized athletes.  They scored 3 times right out the gate on our 1s in the controlled series. I don’t know how many times they scored on our 2nd/JV.   When we played the live half I believe the score was 13-7 them.  Beckville will be fine.  It just #### that all those good teams are in 1 district and some playoff caliber teams will be sitting at home.  

We felt the same way last year, two loses and you stay home... No room for error.. Lol 

On 8/28/2018 at 7:02 PM, SwarmingOnEm said:

1. Garrison

2. Tenaha

3. Joaquin

4. Linden Kildare

5. Timpson

6. Beckville

7. Harleton

This is how I’m gonna say this thing shakes out. You can swap either Place with Timpson and Beckville. I think Kildare finishes ahead of both.

I think Timpson gets in, but we might know a little more about that after next week!

I feel like Joaquin and LK will battle for the 4th spot. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

I think Timpson gets in, but we might know a little more about that after next week!

After Joe beat yall the last 2 years you think all we can do is 4th?

7 hours ago, BlueBlood99 said:

After Joe beat yall the last 2 years you think all we can do is 4th?

I think it is a really, REALLY tough district and every team is going to be fighting to get in so nothing is going to surprise me too much. 

Yes, congratulations to Joaquin for getting over the hump finally in beating Alto. You, along with 11 other teams (4 in 2016 and 7 in 2017) managed to do that. First losing season in 30 years (1987) and first time to lose 7 games or more since 1977 (0-10). Yes, I’ll say it again “Congratulations!” Definitely not up to Alto standards when you are losing to the likes of Joaquin and not making it past the first round. Hence, new leadership to hopefully right the ship to get us more ‘SHIPS! Ha. Talk to me in a year when we are dominant....like the 12 other times before the last “two years” when Joaquin lost to Alto. Then you will really have done something!

1 hour ago, StingEmALTO said:

I think it is a really, REALLY tough district and every team is going to be fighting to get in so nothing is going to surprise me too much. 

Yes, congratulations to Joaquin for getting over the hump finally in beating Alto. You, along with 11 other teams (4 in 2016 and 7 in 2017) managed to do that. First losing season in 30 years (1987) and first time to lose 7 games or more since 1977 (0-10). Yes, I’ll say it again “Congratulations!” Definitely not up to Alto standards when you are losing to the likes of Joaquin and Lovelady. Hence, new leadership to hopefully right the ship to get us more ‘SHIPS! Ha. Talk to me in a year when we are dominant....like the 12 other times before the last “two years” that Joaquin lost to Alto. Then we can really talk!

Bahahaha! Bout spit my coffee out! You are gonna make me late for work reading all this truth lol. Used to have to borrow the basketball scoreboard from the good folks at Wells ISD because the likelihood of scoring triple digits on Joe was so high. Scoreboard used to look like we were recognizing a senior citizen for turning 78 years old. 

1 hour ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

Bahahaha! Bout spit my coffee out! You are gonna make me late for work reading all this truth lol. Used to have to borrow the basketball scoreboard from the good folks at Wells ISD because the likelihood of scoring triple digits on Joe was so high. Scoreboard used to look like we were recognizing a senior citizen for turning 78 years old. 

This is true ..

But while we are on truths, weren't you the guy who about this time last year  was claiming Alto was going to stomp everybody? Then after you got drug through district, you made a whole bunch of excuses, or just didn't show up at all?  I can look back and see, but I am pretty sure it was you..

10 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

I would be surprised if Timpson doesn't make the playoffs ...

1 hour ago, yourteamstinks said:

This is true ..

But while we are on truths, weren't you the guy who about this time last year  was claiming Alto was going to stomp everybody? Then after you got drug through district, you made a whole bunch of excuses, or just didn't show up at all?  I can look back and see, but I am pretty sure it was you..

Check on that and let me know what you come up with. And as far as getting “drug” thru district goes, we lost 2 district games. 1 to Joe, and 1 to the eventual state semi-finalists (and if you know anything) you know the SA game could’ve went either way with the score at 39-35 SA very late in the 4th with Alto fumbling the kickoff on the potential last drive of the game. But yeah, our pitiful, 1 dimensional handicapped Alto team was drug through district just as you portray it lol. Don’t forget the thumping we gave BS as well. The same BS who was a FINAL field goal try away from beating CV. All this by a 1 dimensional team. Guess what though, more dimensions are here now. Get ready 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

4 hours ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

Check on that and let me know what you come up with. And as far as getting “drug” thru district goes, we lost 2 district games. 1 to Joe, and 1 to the eventual state semi-finalists (and if you know anything) you know the SA game could’ve went either way with the score at 39-35 SA very late in the 4th with Alto fumbling the kickoff on the potential last drive of the game. But yeah, our pitiful, 1 dimensional handicapped Alto team was drug through district just as you portray it lol. Don’t forget the thumping we gave BS as well. The same BS who was a FINAL field goal try away from beating CV. All this by a 1 dimensional team. Guess what though, more dimensions are here now. Get ready 

Preach!

4 hours ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

Agreed...That game could have went either way.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

Yes, congratulations to Joaquin for getting over the hump finally in beating Alto. You, along with 11 other teams (4 in 2016 and 7 in 2017) managed to do that. First losing season in 30 years (1987) and first time to lose 7 games or more since 1977 (0-10). Yes, I’ll say it again “Congratulations!” Definitely not up to Alto standards when you are losing to the likes of Joaquin and not making it past the first round. Hence, new leadership to hopefully right the ship to get us more ‘SHIPS! Ha. Talk to me in a year when we are dominant....like the 12 other times before the last “two years” when Joaquin lost to Alto. Then you will really have done something!

I didn’t make my statement bragging about beating Alto. My statement was more of a reflection of how Alto cant even beat a 4th place team from another district according to you...... my how times have changed. 

1 minute ago, BlueBlood99 said:

I didn’t make my statement bragging about beating Alto. My statement was more of a reflection of how Alto cant even beat a 4th place team from another district according to you...... my how times have changed. 

I never said we couldn't beat a 4th place team from another district.  And actually, I'm rooting for Joaquin!  I really am disappointed to not have y'all on the schedule this year.  Losing to someone when you know you aren't going to play them kind of a leaves a bad taste in your mouth.  Hopefully Joaquin will make the playoffs and we will see you all down the road!

2 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

I never said we couldn't beat a 4th place team from another district.  And actually, I'm rooting for Joaquin!  I really am disappointed to not have y'all on the schedule this year.  Losing to someone when you know you aren't going to play them kind of a leaves a bad taste in your mouth.  Hopefully Joaquin will make the playoffs and we will see you all down the road!

Just giving you a hard time Sting...... I have no doubt with the athletes and tradition y’all have that the Jackets will be in the discussion every year in region 3.....I just wanted a little more love than a 4th place prediction since we nipped ya the past couple years