District 11-2A (D-I)

KirtFalcon

1 minute ago, BlueBlood99 said:

Just giving you a hard time Sting...... I have no doubt with the athletes and tradition y’all have that the Jackets will be in the discussion every year in region 3.....I just wanted a little more love than a 4th place prediction since we nipped ya the past couple years

I hear ya!  And honestly, y'all could come in at (or close to) the top.  You just lost to Tenaha by 1 or 2 last year, and they graduated MUCH of their team.  You have played with everyone else of late, so it's not out of the realm of possibility that you'll make the playoffs and do well.  That's why we play the game!! lol  And I think it's going to be a lot of fun to watch District 11 week in and week out because it's going to be an all-out war.  I sometimes think "What if they had stuck Alto in there instead of Linden Kildare or Harleton?"  lol   Anyway.......all the best to the Rams this year!

7 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

I hear ya!  And honestly, y'all could come in at (or close to) the top.  You just lost to Tenaha by 1 or 2 last year, and they graduated MUCH of their team.  You have played with everyone else of late, so it's not out of the realm of possibility that you'll make the playoffs and do well.  That's why we play the game!! lol  And I think it's going to be a lot of fun to watch District 11 week in and week out because it's going to be an all-out war.  I sometimes think "What if they had stuck Alto in there instead of Linden Kildare or Harleton?"  lol   Anyway.......all the best to the Rams this year!

What if they had put Alto and San Augustine in with us instead of Lk and Harleton? .... it would have made more sense ...

1 minute ago, KirtFalcon said:

What if they had put Alto and San Augustine in with us instead of Lk and Harleton? .... it would have made more sense ...

I think it's more of they didn't have anywhere else for the two north teams to go. They don't fit with us either geographically but it was the best case scenario with Timpson and Tenaha moving up

4 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Because they’re looking at more than just four counties. What do you do with Shelbyville and West Sabine? I like having the districts swapped around every two years to give some variety. It doesn’t matter where they put any of our teams (Alto, Garrison, Joaquin). With the quality of programs in this part of the country, (Tenaha, Carlisle, SA)  we’re always going to be in a tough district. Second guessing the UIL does no good. 

7 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Because they’re looking at more than just four counties. What do you do with Shelbyville and West Sabine? I like having the districts swapped around every two years to give some variety. It doesn’t matter where they put any of our teams (Alto, Garrison, Joaquin). With the quality of programs in this part of the country, (Tenaha, Carlisle, SA)  we’re always going to be in a tough district. Second guessing the UIL does no good. 

Put them in a Louisiana district with Logansport .... :woot:.... throw in Hemphill for good measure ....

• LOL! 1

22 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Shelbyville at Beckville 

Garrison at TK Gorman (Saturday) 

Harleton vs Queen City 

Linden-Kildare vs Hooks 

Joaquin at Deweyville

Troup at Tenaha 

Hemphill at Timpson 

Who ya got? 

Beckville 

Garrison

QC

LK

Joaquin

Troup

Hemphill

2 minutes ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

Beckville, Harleton, and Timpson lose this week. The Tenaha / LL game could go either way. If either one of them gets blown out, somebody is lying about their “credentials” and don’t have what they think they have. I expect it to be a close hard fought game. 

Do you know who Harleton is playing? 

31 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

You’re not giving Harleton a lot of love, picking them to lose to a team that couldn’t score on Union Grove. 

Yeah, well UG is a playoff team from a year ago. Not a serious threat by any means. Someone has to win this game. I really feel like it’ll be a 0-0 tie 😂

5-2 again. We are currently 3-0 vs. district 12, with at least 3 more matchups to play. This week has Joaquin (2-0) at Shelbyville (0-2) and Garrison (0-2) at San Augustine (1-0). We also have two district 11 vs district 10 matchups. 

Joaquin (2-0) at Shelbyville (0-2)

Garrison (0-2) at San Augustine (1-0) 

Tenaha (1-1) at T.K. Gorman (2-0)

Hawkins (1-1) at Beckville (2-0)

Timpson (1-1) at Big Sandy (1-1)

Harleton (1-1) at Sabine (1-1)

Dekalb (2-0) at Linden-Kildare (2-0) 

On 9/8/2018 at 6:41 PM, trueblue82 said:

5-2 again. We are currently 3-0 vs. district 12, with at least 3 more matchups to play. This week has Joaquin (2-0) at Shelbyville (0-2) and Garrison (0-2) at San Augustine (1-0). We also have two district 11 vs district 10 matchups. 

I’ll go with:

Most interesting matchup to me is Garrison-San Augustine (mainly because of the rivalry!) followed by Tenaha-TKG and Timpson-Big Sandy. I really feel like these are toss-ups and could go either way.