District 11-2A (D-I)

KirtFalcon

On 9/13/2018 at 10:19 PM, BlueBlood99 said:

Match ups will be evthing in this district race.......Rams run it well. Dogs have good run defense. Tenaha and Timpson and LK  can throw good. Which ever team develops the other part of their game the best will win district.

Dogs can throw and run the ball,  and play good defense.  Big line and smart players. Lots of 3 years starters.  

So heading into district play I'm gonna go with

1. Garrison

1. Joaquin

1. Tenaha

4. Linden-Kildare

5. Beckville

6 .Timpson

7. Harleton

I think the top 3 split with each other. Don't know that any team runs the table undefeated. Just wrote them in alphabetical order and figure the point system would be applied for the district seeding. I'd give LK the hand up for the 4th spot, but both Beckville and Timpson are going to be right in the mix there. Don't think Harleton wins a district game, but crazier things have happened. Just my 2 cents. With it and a dollar, you've got a dollar worth of good.

If it is a wet field Friday, I believe Garrison has a pretty big advantage, but if the field is dry and L-K coaches can get the field cut short, I like L-K's chances at home

I like Tenaha in a competitive game

I like Timpson over Harleton...…..but if a certain Harleton offensive player can control his emotions, Harleton could be in the game, and possibly win

1 hour ago, cotton84 said:

If it is a wet field Friday, I believe Garrison has a pretty big advantage, but if the field is dry and L-K coaches can get the field cut short, I like L-K's chances at home

I like Tenaha in a competitive game

I like Timpson over Harleton...…..but if a certain Harleton offensive player can control his emotions, Harleton could be in the game, and possibly win

I think a dry field helps Garrison's offense a lot, especially with the passing game.  We can run the football on any field wet, or dry.  Mix in a good number of passes and I believe our offense will be hard to stop.   The defense played much better against Joe Quinn than the Alto or SA games ... I don't know much about LK's offense ... maybe someone can enlighten me ...

Edited by KirtFalcon

Not talking trash, just giving you the information you asked for on L-K...….

Running back is 5'6" and 145 lbs(roughly)………..ran 11.0 in the 100 last spring -----that is not blazing fast, but his quickness is crazy good ------guy from Atlanta who ran track in college, who had a son play centerfield in the major leagues and ran on Atlanta's state championship track teams, and his other son was a track star as well, said last year the L-K back is the quickest back he has ever seen stopping and starting...…………...of course at 145 lbs, he is not going to run over a 250 lb lineman...…..he had 1988 yards in 11 games last year...……..not sure, somewhere around 825 thru 5 games this year

TE/WR has(I think) 7 TD's receiving this year...………...6'1" and 175ish ......not blazing speed, but pretty fast...…….high jumped 6'6" in track

WR...………...6'3" roughly...……...fast

WR...……….5'11"...………….average speed for a WR, runs good routes, pretty good hands

WR...……..not used a whole lot...……..just going to block well  and run good routes in case the other team doesn't pay attention

L-K runs the spread...…………..QB probably runs around a 4.8 --------some homers will say 4.6(lol)………………..son of a former coach and now principal at L-K, so he knows football......really good at carrying out fakes

Offensive line will try to "get in your way or seal block" …………...not going to blow too many defensive lineman 10 yards down the field...…….center is probably 270ish...….other four more in the 200 to 220 size...…….not the strength of the team, but they work hard.

To slow L-K down, the opposing team will need to dominate the line of scrimmage...…………..Garrison may be able to do just that

1 hour ago, grinder said:

garrison vs linden kildare   teneha vs beckville  timpson vs harleton who u got

Garrison vs Lk is the best game this week maybe close till half. but I think garrison pulls away in the second half  

The other two won’t be close tenaha and timpson win easy. 

For the Garrison fans who have never been to the L-K stadium...…………...Coming in from Jefferson on Highway 59, the first school you see is on Hwy 59 and that is the junior high.....keep going...…...the first red light you will see an E-Z Mart on your right...…...keep going straight about 300 yards to the next red light...……...at the 2nd red light, you will see the DQ on your left and the Sonic on your right...…….turn right at that 2nd light onto Hwy 125...…….Stay on Hwy 125 roughly(that is an estimate) 3 to 3.5 miles...….once you get into the 50 MPH speed limit, you are approaching the school...…………….for visitor parking, turn into the 1st gate...……...visitors park near the school, home side park out on the grass near the road

For the Garrison fans wanting to eat in Linden...………..the E-Z Mart has a grill and fryers(usually good fried fish and hamburgers)……...the above mentioned DQ and Sonic ----you know what you get there...…………….on past the 2nd light about 400 yards on the left side of the road on a hill is a nice local truck stop(REALLY GOOD hamburgers and other fried/grill items)…………...for those that get into town early, downtown there is a restaurant called THE COUNTY SEAT CAFE ----awesome food(sorta like a Chili's or Appleby's type menu)………….and there is a Mexican food place downtown ---------------downtown is about a mile out of your way.

1 hour ago, cotton84 said:

For the Garrison fans who have never been to the L-K stadium...…………...Coming in from Jefferson on Highway 59, the first school you see is on Hwy 59 and that is the junior high.....keep going...…...the first red light you will see an E-Z Mart on your right...…...keep going straight about 300 yards to the next red light...……...at the 2nd red light, you will see the DQ on your left and the Sonic on your right...…….turn right at that 2nd light onto Hwy 125...…….Stay on Hwy 125 roughly(that is an estimate) 3 to 3.5 miles...….once you get into the 50 MPH speed limit, you are approaching the school...…………….for visitor parking, turn into the 1st gate...……...visitors park near the school, home side park out on the grass near the road

good info ... thanks ....

58 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

For the Garrison fans wanting to eat in Linden...………..the E-Z Mart has a grill and fryers(usually good fried fish and hamburgers)……...the above mentioned DQ and Sonic ----you know what you get there...…………….on past the 2nd light about 400 yards on the left side of the road on a hill is a nice local truck stop(REALLY GOOD hamburgers and other fried/grill items)…………...for those that get into town early, downtown there is a restaurant called THE COUNTY SEAT CAFE ----awesome food(sorta like a Chili's or Appleby's type menu)………….and there is a Mexican food place downtown ---------------downtown is about a mile out of your way.

I will probably stop in Marshall and eat at Cajun Tex on HY80 not far off 59 ....

21 minutes ago, CT88 said:

What kind of offense does LK run?

I believe they are in a version of the spread fairly similar to Garrison’s. I’m not sure about the run-pass ratio or what type of backs they have. Their best athlete, Ty Patterson, was Dave Campbell AA Coverboy for his play on defense. I’m curious to see how well they match up with Garrison, because we get them next week.