District 11-2A (D-I)

KirtFalcon

1 hour ago, trueblue82 said:

Garrison at LK

Tenaha at Beckville 

Harleton at Timpson 

Joaquin has the bye 

Thoughts? 

There are some pretty good matchups this week! I know very little about L-K, but I do know about Garrison and they will take this game. They seem to be firing on all cylinders and playing with confidence. L-K suffers their first loss of the season. 

Tenaha/Beckville is intriguing but Tenaha wins, and probably by a couple touchdowns. Beckville may hang for a little bit, but Tenaha is making progress and has some good wins over some quality teams.

Timpson is in a must-win situation here if they have any hopes of a playoff birth. With the injury bug they have experienced, this is no easy task. They have still been putting up good numbers on offense, better than Harleton. This could really go either way but I’ll give the nod to the home team. 

17 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

There are some pretty good matchups this week! I know very little about L-K, but I do know about Garrison and they will take this game. They seem to be firing on all cylinders and playing with confidence. L-K suffers their first loss of the season. 

Tenaha/Beckville is intriguing but Tenaha wins, and probably by a couple touchdowns. Beckville may hang for a little bit, but Tenaha is making progress and has some good wins over some quality teams.

Timpson is in a must-win situation here if they have any hopes of a playoff birth. With the injury bug they have experienced, this is no easy task. They have still been putting up good numbers on offense, better than Harleton. This could really go either way but I’ll give the nod to the home team. 

I agree with you for the most part, other than I think Beckville needs to play a near perfect game to keep it close. 

2 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

You may be right. Could be a blow out. I was surprised they got beat by Hemphill. 

Tenaha is doing exactly what I figured they would do. They started out kinda slow, but seem to be playing through their mistakes and getting better each week. They should be very dangerous by the time they get to the meat of the district schedule. 

Tenaha plays the weaker district teams first and then finishes with the tougher ones. I watched their game with Timpson  and was surprised that they couldn't run at all in the 1st half. Then Timpson just allowed their WR run free and QB hit em stride easily.

38 minutes ago, Greezychef said:

Summary of my life last 2 weeks.

Everyone I know from SA that has seen both Tenaha and Garrison: "Yall can beat em."

Everyone I know from Joaquin,  most of which haven't seen Tenaha: "Garrison is the "class" of region 3, yall don't have a chance. "

Meh...

We don't play each other for a while.  A few weeks can make a big difference in how a team is playing, improvements, injuries, momentum etc.  Sounds like Tenaha is getting better each week and I know we are.  Just need to keep the train on the tracks and see how it plays out.

I hate the thought of overlooking anyone.  We need to focus on Linden Kildare.

17 minutes ago, Greezychef said:

Nothing against you.  

No offense taken.  I expect the Garrison/Tenaha game to be a battle.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the last two games they played were decided by 2 points.  Each team winning one.  LOL

5 hours ago, Greezychef said:

Summary of my life last 2 weeks.

Everyone I know from SA that has seen both Tenaha and Garrison: "Yall can beat em."

Everyone I know from Joaquin,  most of which haven't seen Tenaha: "Garrison is the "class" of region 3, yall don't have a chance. "

Meh...

I watched Tenaha this year. Garrison depth is real issue. Tenaha in the spread is a better match up against them than Joaquin was in power run. That being said Joe made 3 turnovers. 1 scoop score and 1 fumble snap at the 10yd line as it lookd like they were going to score. That is pretty big point swing if the mistakes aren't made. Tenaha pass game with tall receivers may give the Dogs some trouble. Teams in the spread have scored on Garrison this year. On paper nobody matches up with Garrison. But as you can see by the points they have given up and if Joe doesn't make crucial errors then Garrison isn't just killing their opponents. Basically high school kids on any given night can have a really good night or a really bad night. A win isn't out of reach but neither is defeat.....That's why you play the games

50 minutes ago, Greezychef said:

I thought the dropped swing pass early on hurt Joaquin.  It was wide open.  Never went back to it.  Then there was another big drop in the second half.  

And 8 is the best receiver and he only lines up in one spot in backfield. Pretty easy to cover on pass from there. Get em on the edge and create a favorable match up......Put em motion or something.....

17 minutes ago, Greezychef said:

Yeah, kinda surprised they've never made a quick screen for him.  With everyone in the box, wouldn't a quick screen work? .   Idk, seems doable. 

We have plays they do in practice all the time.... Just never in games......Guess we waiting for a secret moment....🤔

20 hours ago, BlueBlood99 said:

And 8 is the best receiver and he only lines up in one spot in backfield. Pretty easy to cover on pass from there. Get em on the edge and create a favorable match up......Put em motion or something.....

Is that the track star?  Heard y’all had a heck of a track star over in Joaquin now.  Them salt water truck drivers tell me about him.  I haven’t watched a game yet.  What’s the best game around here this week? 

3 minutes ago, BossDawg55 said:

Is that the track star?  Heard y’all had a heck of a track star over in Joaquin now.  Them salt water truck drivers tell me about him.  I haven’t watched a game yet.  What’s the best game around here this week? 

If I wasn't going to the Garrison game, I would go to Carthage and watch them play Pleasant Grove.

1 hour ago, BossDawg55 said:

Yep 

1 hour ago, BossDawg55 said:

West Rusk and Gladewater.

On 10/1/2018 at 1:19 PM, cotton84 said:

For the Garrison fans wanting to eat in Linden...………..the E-Z Mart has a grill and fryers(usually good fried fish and hamburgers)……...the above mentioned DQ and Sonic ----you know what you get there...…………….on past the 2nd light about 400 yards on the left side of the road on a hill is a nice local truck stop(REALLY GOOD hamburgers and other fried/grill items)…………...for those that get into town early, downtown there is a restaurant called THE COUNTY SEAT CAFE ----awesome food(sorta like a Chili's or Appleby's type menu)………….and there is a Mexican food place downtown ---------------downtown is about a mile out of your way.

The County Seat Cafe was a great suggestion.  Thank you!!

On 10/6/2018 at 7:30 PM, DawgPound73 said:

Who’s everyone’s picks for this weeks games? 

Joaquin over LK

Garrison over Timpson 

Beckville over Harleton 

Tenaha has the bye. Expect a lot of maroon at Ram Stadium Friday. I hear Coach Cates likes them chicken strips with Ram Sauce.