KirtFalcon

Garrison 4-0

Tenaha 3-0

Timpson 2-2

Joaquin 1-2

Linden-Kildare 1-2

Beckville 1-2

Harleton 0-4

Garrison is all but locked in to a top 2 seed. Win this next week and their district champs. Lose and they are the 2 seed. 

Tenaha could finish anywhere from 1st to tied for 4th. Don’t think they can be eliminated outright. 

Timpson has LK, bye, Beckville remaining. Huge ballgames for them. I think 3 wins will atleast get you tied for that last spot. Only losses are to top 2 so far.

Joaquin has Beckville, Tenaha, Harleton remaining. Can’t lose to Beckville, would be detrimental to their tiebreaker scenarios. 

LK has Timpson, Beckville and Tenaha remaining. Probably don’t want to have to looking for win #3 in week 11. 

Beckville has Joaquin, LK and Timpson remaining. The results of their games are going to play a huge role in the final standings. Only losses are to the top 2 but have yet to play any that they are tied with. 

Harleton has bye, Garrison, Joaquin. I can’t find a scenario where they get in. 

3 minutes ago, Greezychef said:

Third place in this district is a blessing in disguise. 

Correct, you don’t get a test until Carlisle/d11 2 seed in the 3rd round. 

Meanwhile the 1 seed gets most likely alto in the 2nd round and then probably SA or the 4 seed and the 2 seed gets Carlisle in the 2nd round. 

Tonight should clear up the playoff picture significantly. The Tenaha/ Garrison game is essentially for the district title. The other two games are between the four teams battling for the other two playoff spots. The two losers in those games are not necessarily eliminated , but they will be facing an uphill battle and needing some help to get them into the playoffs. 

Im taking Tigers and Bears on the road, and I like the Rams at home. Safe travels everyone. Now let me go finish putting my gumbo together for the tailgate party this afternoon. 

Garrison 49 Tenaha 42 Bulldogs held off a Tiger comeback and clinch the district title. 

LK won a shootout over Timpson 41-40. 🙏🙏 for Jordan Osby. Hopefully his injury isn’t serious. 

Joaquin dominated Beckville 35-7. I think Beckville can still make the playoffs if they win out, but that means beating Timpson and LK. The Rams have a shot at the #2 spot if they can upset Tenaha next week. 

Garrison 5-0 Harleton, bye. 

Tenaha 3-1, Joaquin, LK

Joaquin 2-2, Tenaha, Harleton 

Linden-Kildare 2-2 Beckville, Tenaha 

Timpson 2-3 bye, Beckville 

Beckville 1-3 LK, Timpson 

Harleton 0-4 Garrison, Joaquin 

4 minutes ago, BlueBlood99 said:

Got an update on Timpson player from one of the kids....Seems to be a neck injury and he was at an Atlanta hospital

I hate to hear that... hopefully it is just for precaution and he’s able to get back out there next week.

2 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

Hope he is ok and glad he’s got that extra week to get better. Tough loss. Seems like I remember seeing them way up. 

He got hurt/injured with 40 seconds left in the game. 

L-K had a 1 point lead at half and the final score. Only 2 times L-K had the lead. 

Timpson had a seven points lead 3 different times - which was their biggest lead.