District 11-2A (D-I)

KirtFalcon

Excedrin Headache #31:

Think I've got my I's dotted and my T's crossed on this one ....

The Given Scenario: Harleton, Bobo, and Blair are all eliminated from playoff contention

The Assumptive Scenario: Garrison beats Open and Joaquin beats Harleton

The Associative Scenario: Timpson and Beckville are both rooting hard for Tenaha to roll over L-K

Then - IF TENAHA WINS …

the winner of Timpson-Beckville game goes in as the 4th Place Team; Tigers as 3rd

Or - IF L-K WINS …

the winner of the TIMPSON-BECKVILLE game goes into a Three-Way Tie for Third with Tenaha and L-K.

With Tenaha and L-K in the tie breaker with BECKVILLE:

Beckville sitting at +11 (vs LK) and -20 (vs Tenaha) = -9, then -

L-K would have to beat Tenaha by at least +3 to make the playoffs (ending at -11 and +3 = -8), thus eliminating Beckville (at a -9)

Winning by just 1 or 2, then L-K would be the odd man out and Beckville would go in as 4th seed.

Tenaha, sitting currently at +20 (vs Beckville), would need to lose by 30+ to NOT make the playoffs at all.

Any L-K win between 3 and 30 points pretty much eliminates Beckville. (GO TENAHA)

With Tenaha and L-K in the tie breaker with TIMPSON:

Timpson sitting at -35 (vs T) and a -1 (vs LK) = -36 (again assuming that there is NO MAX), then:

An L-K win, even by just a single point, would put them in the playoffs (due to their 1 point win over Bears) and eliminate Timpson from the playoffs UNLESS Tenaha virtually fails to show up and loses to L-K by 72 or more, ending Tenaha at a +35 (vs Timp) and a -72 (vs L-K) = -37 

If the district does have a Max Clause (many use 21), then the odds are that of the winner of the Timpson-Beckville game has no reasonable logistic probability of post-season IF L-K BEATS TENAHA.

It all boils down to taking care of YOUR own business and let the chips fall where the may.

Take it to the limits of the field and leave nothing behind to ever regret.

GO TENAHA.

Rather than go through each possible scenario, I’m just going to state what each team needs to get them a playoff spot. 

#1. Garrison (8-2, 6-0) has the bye. 

Bulldogs are the undisputed district champs and the #1 seed. 

#2. Joaquin (7-2, 3-2) vs Harleton (1-8, 0-5) needs to beat Harleton to kick down the #2 seed. Still get in with a loss no matter what happens elsewhere. 

#3. Tenaha (6-3, 3-2) need to beat LK (6-3, 2-3) to lock down the #3 seed. Can move up to #2 with a win and a Joaquin loss. Due to having the tiebreakers maxed out vs Timpson and Beckville they are locked in to a playoff spot with a loss here. 

#4. Timpson (3-6, 2-3) Need a win over Beckville (5-4, 2-3) to lock up the #4 seed with Joaquin and Tenaha wins. Can move up to #3 with a Joaquin loss and a Tenaha win. Will be eliminated if Joaquin and LK both win. Also eliminated with a loss to Beckville. 

#5. Beckville (5-4, 2-3) Need to beat Timpson to get in as the #4 with Joaquin and Tenaha wins. Cannot get in if either of those teams lose. 

#6. Linden-Kildare (6-3, 2-3) Need to beat Tenaha, then have Joaquin and Timpson win. That leaves them tied with Timpson and they get in due to their head-to-head. Will be odd man out if Beckville wins. 

#7. Harleton (1-8, 0-5) already airing up the basketballs. 

5 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Rather than go through each possible scenario, I’m just going to state what each team needs to get them a playoff spot. 

#1. Garrison (8-2, 6-0) has the bye. 

Bulldogs are the undisputed district champs and the #1 seed. 

#2. Joaquin (7-2, 3-2) vs Harleton (1-8, 0-5) needs to beat Harleton to kick down the #2 seed. Still get in with a loss no matter what happens elsewhere. 

#3. Tenaha (6-3, 3-2) need to beat LK (6-3, 2-3) to lock down the #3 seed. Can move up to #2 with a win and a Joaquin loss. Due to having the tiebreakers maxed out vs Timpson and Beckville they are locked in to a playoff spot with a loss here. 

#4. Timpson (3-6, 2-3) Need a win over Beckville (5-4, 2-3) to lock up the #4 seed with Joaquin and Tenaha wins. Can move up to #3 with a Joaquin loss and a Tenaha win. Will be eliminated if Joaquin and LK both win. Also eliminated with a loss to Beckville. 

#5. Beckville (5-4, 2-3) Need to beat Timpson to get in as the #4 with Joaquin and Tenaha wins. Cannot get in if either of those teams lose. 

#6. Linden-Kildare (6-3, 2-3) Need to beat Tenaha, then have Joaquin and Timpson win. That leaves them tied with Timpson and they get in due to their head-to-head. Will be odd man out if Beckville wins. 

#7. Harleton (1-8, 0-5) already airing up the basketballs. 

# 6 is wrong. Beckville can win and L-K still make the playoffs. 

6 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Ok, so they have a chance. They need to beat Tenaha by 10 or more, correct? 

Depends  on what the district maximum win margin is, and nobody on Smoaky seems to know. 

If 18 is the most you can win by, L-K would need to win by 5. 

If 21 is the maximum, L-K needs to win by 3. 

12 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

Depends  on what the district maximum win margin is, and nobody on Smoaky seems to know. 

Almost positive its 21

20 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

Gonna need you to explain the math on that. 

13 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Gonna need you to explain the math on that. 

Beckville lost by 20 to Tenaha and beat L-K by 11. That is a difference of 9 points——-minus 9 for Beckville  

L-K got beat by Beckville(as stated above) by 11.  If L-K beats  Tenaha by 3, L-K would be minus 8  

Minus 8 is better than minus 9. 

2 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

Beckville lost by 20 to Tenaha and beat L-K by 11. That is a difference of 9 poiunts ——-minus 9 for Beckville  

L-K got beat by Beckville(as stated above) by 11.  If L-K beats  Tenaha by 3, L-K would be minus 8  

Minus 8 is better than minus 9. 

I see. I stand corrected. Please don’t tell my wife. She thinks I’m never wrong. 

Playoff matchups: 

Garrison (8-2, 6-0) vs. Groveton (4-6, 2-3) 7:30 Friday at Abe Martin Stadium in Lufkin. 

Joaquin (8-2, 4-2) vs. West Sabine (5-5, 3-2) 7:30 Friday at Dragon Stadium in Nacogdoches. 

Tenaha (7-3, 4-2) vs. Shelbyville (5-5, 4-1) 7:00 Thursday at Wildcat Stadium in Waskom. 

Timpson (4-6, 3-3) vs. San Augustine (8-2, 5-0) 7:30 Friday at Lion Stadium in Henderson. 

Just now, trueblue82 said:

Playoff matchups: 

Garrison (8-2, 6-0) vs. Groveton (4-6, 2-3) 7:30 Friday at Abe Martin Stadium in Lufkin. 

Joaquin (8-2, 4-2) vs. West Sabine (5-5, 3-2) 7:30 Friday at Dragon Stadium in Nacogdoches. 

Tenaha (7-3, 4-2) vs. Shelbyville (5-5, 4-1) 7:00 Thursday at Wildcat Stadium in Waskom. 

Timpson (4-6, 3-3) vs. San Augustine (8-2, 5-0) 7:30 Friday at Lion Stadium in Henderson. 

I’m going with Bulldogs, Rams, Tigers and Wolves.