District 11-2A (D-I)

KirtFalcon

Still haven't been able to get a full Garrison schedule yet.  I know we are playing Alto in non district ... nobody seems to know anything except they are waiting on two schools to agree to a home and home agreement ... don't know which two schools ...

On 2/16/2018 at 1:28 PM, PineyWoodsRelic said:

Now that everyone has had their district meetings, I think most fans would be very interested in seeing each schools 10 game schedule.  Just a thought. 

Joaquin: 

Scr. 1: @ Logansport, LA

Scr. 2: Waskom 

1. @ Deweyville 

2. Ore City 

3. @ Shelbyville 

4. Corrigan-Camden (HOCO)

5. @ Garrison 

6. Bye

7. Linden-Kildare 

8. @ Timpson 

9. Beckville 

10. @ Tenaha 

11. Harleton (Sr. Night) 

Beckville:  *TENTATIVE SCHEDULE*

8/17 @ San Augustine (scrimmage)

8/23    Maud   (scrimmage)

8/31   Shelbyville

9/7 @ West Sabine 

9/14   Hawkins

9/21 @  Hemphill 

9/28  Open

10/05  Tenaha

10/12 @  Harleton 

10/19  Garrison

10/26 @  Joaquin 

11/02  Linden Kildare

11/09 @  Timpson 

I have Garrison winning this district.  Followed by Tenaha/LK/Timpson for the top four. Joaquin might sneak in at four but they just graduated the best group they may have ever had and didn't make much noise while Timpson has a lot coming back with a good coach.

• 1 month later...

This is going to be a hard district to predict who the top 4 teams will be.  There aren't any sure wins for anybody ...  I don't think you can rule anybody out of the playoff mix going into the season.  A lot of young kids will step up and some teams won't miss a beat ... going to be exciting ... I can't wait for the Garrison/Timpson series to start up again ... 

9 hours ago, Lion70 said:

Tenaha may be in for a rough year . Playoffs are the goal I could see

7-5  type season. Be interesting what new coach and move up will do .

The bad news is they're replacing a lot of key multi-year starters, but the good news is that almost everyone else is too. 

I haven't seen their schedule yet, so I don't know how they match up game to game. I do know they're in a much more evenly-matched district than they're used to...  but Tenaha still gonna Tenaha. Just too much talent in the bloodlines.

This season will probably be a building year, but I bet they put it together late and make a legit run. I'll say they're a dark horse for district and they go at least two games deep in the playoffs.

On 3/10/2018 at 9:35 AM, larry said:

I have Garrison winning this district.  Followed by Tenaha/LK/Timpson for the top four. Joaquin might sneak in at four but they just graduated the best group they may have ever had and didn't make much noise while Timpson has a lot coming back with a good coach.

You sound like the Alto folks back in 2016 before we started district play with them. Oh well, we’ll see if we can scrape together a few kids that want to give it a shot. Maybe we can keep everybody under 80. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

48 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

You sound like the Alto folks back in 2016 before we started district play with them. Oh well, we’ll see if we can scrape together a few kids that want to give it a shot. Maybe we can keep everybody under 80. 

Yeah, those slow kids on relay team, won't be of any help 

4 hours ago, AKA said:

The bad news is they're replacing a lot of key multi-year starters, but the good news is that almost everyone else is too. 

I haven't seen their schedule yet, so I don't know how they match up game to game. I do know they're in a much more evenly-matched district than they're used to...  but Tenaha still gonna Tenaha. Just too much talent in the bloodlines.

This season will probably be a building year, but I bet they put it together late and make a legit run. I'll say they're a dark horse for district and they go at least two games deep in the playoffs.

I think Tennyha has to be the pre season favorite to win the district ...

Edited by KirtFalcon

43 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

I think Tennyha has to be the pre season favorite to win the district ...

It will be interesting to see how they reset everything. Got a lot of new faces on the field and on the sidelines. They will be young but athletic. I’m curious about what kind of system we’re gonna see from Coach Jenkins. He’s done a great job with the basketball program. 

23 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

It will be interesting to see how they reset everything. Got a lot of new faces on the field and on the sidelines. They will be young but athletic. I’m curious about what kind of system we’re gonna see from Coach Jenkins. He’s done a great job with the basketball program. 

Didn't he coach the Shead kid at Cayuga, or am I thinking of someone else? 

Tenaha always has athletes. They'll be fine. 

At least we don't have to go to the "Pitt" this year ... hopefully they can add some more seating.  Last time we were over there we had more people in lawn chairs and standing than sitting on those awful bleachers of theirs .... I've seen more seats at a dear lease campfire than the visitor's side in Tennyha .... :woot:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KirtFalcon said:

At least we don't have to go to the "Pitt" this year ... hopefully they can add some more seating.  Last time we were over there we had more people in lawn chairs and standing than sitting on those awful bleachers of theirs .... I've seen more seats at a dear lease campfire than the visitor's side in Tennyha .... :woot:

Don’t hold your breath.