District 10-3A (D-II)

headhunter02

• Mr. P changed the title to District 10-3A (D-II)
3 hours ago, EasyCompany said:

Harmony is returning 7 on offense and 8 on defense.  There will be numerous 3 year starters and 4 year starters on the field.

4 year starters? I thought they were graduating. Definitely losing some studs, but still should have enough coming back to win District. I'm guessing Arp would be the best challenge. Should be another good year for the Eagles!

On 2/1/2018 at 12:35 PM, eagle34 said:

4 year starters? I thought they were graduating. Definitely losing some studs, but still should have enough coming back to win District. I'm guessing Arp would be the best challenge. Should be another good year for the Eagles!

Negative.....Troup will be the best challenge

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 12:49 PM, stoneykelly said:

That Senior Class should be something special then. They’ve won more games and went farther in the playoffs than any class we’ve ever had.

Stoney, You may be correct about winning the most games (not sure, I've only followed the Eagles for 15 years). Remember the 2011 team went to the 3rd round. I think that may be the deepest a Harmony team has gone. They were in Division 1 then and beat Tatum that year for the District title. Back then, the District champ got a first round bye. They beat Marlin in the 2nd round at SFA and then got beat by Crockett in the 3rd round at SFA. The Eagles have fared much better since the return to Division 2.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2018 at 5:26 PM, eagle34 said:

Stoney, You may be correct about winning the most games (not sure, I've only followed the Eagles for 15 years). Remember the 2011 team went to the 3rd round. I think that may be the deepest a Harmony team has gone. They were in Division 1 then and beat Tatum that year for the District title. Back then, the District champ got a first round bye. They beat Marlin in the 2nd round at SFA and then got beat by Crockett in the 3rd round at SFA. The Eagles have fared much better since the return to Division 2.

Beat Tatum and lost to White Oak. Tatum beat White Oak. All y’all got was a piece of the pie, not the whole thing. 

4 hours ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Beat Tatum and lost to White Oak. Tatum beat White Oak. All y’all got was a piece of the pie, not the whole thing. 

Yeah, Harmony was pretty good that year. They beat us when Overstreet was out. Then lost to Crockett pretty bad round 3, we beat Crockett the next week and fell to Hempstead 21-7 in the semifinals. Harmony had the McCoy kid.....dude was a heck of a player.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

You are correct. We did get the #1 seed and first round bye. Enjoyed that District, very competitive and challenging for Harmony.

• 4 months later...

Harmony’s 2018 Schedule

Aug. 17 Harleton scrimmage Away

Aug. 23 Hughes Springs scrimmage Home

Aug. 31 New Diana Home

Sep. 7 Elysian Fields Away

Sep. 14 West Rusk Home

Sep. 21 Open

Sep. 28 Alba Golden Homecoming 

Oct. 5 Troup Away

Oct. 12 Winona Away

Oct. 19 Quitman Home

Oct. 26 Arp Away

Nov. 2 Frankston  Home

Nov. 9 Grand Saline Away

That pre-district schedule brings back a lot of memories for old rivals and district mates. That might be the toughest first three games we’ve faced in a while. Should be a good test to get the boys ready for the new district. Facing three tough teams on the road in Arp, Winona and Troup that’s gonna be tough. 

7 hours ago, EasyCompany said:

Harmony

week 1 vs New Diana

week 2 @ Elysian Fields

week 3 vs West Rusk 

I’m excited to see a old rivalry rekindled week 1. Beat those blue eagles week one and there’ll be a bunch of happy red Eagles in the stands.

• 1 month later...