District 10-3A (D-II)

headhunter02

2 hours ago, Tiger1995 said:

Well said and correct  except this district isn’t using the points system for 3rd and 4th. In the event of a tie for anything other than district championships it’s a coin flip due the fact there are 7 teams in district and there was a possibility of more than 1 tie. 

According to what our coaches put on social media if there is a 3 way tie for 3rd and 4th then they will have a coin flip to decide who’s in and who’s out. 

All your hope is IF YALL BEAT TROUP

.animated_1541618727980_150618710635353.gif

3 hours ago, Tiger1995 said:

No that’s your hope. Don’t confuse the two. 

Winona's AD told me Saturday all we have to do is beat quitman and were in, he mentioned nothing about coin flips etc that you speak of, maybe he knows yall dont stand a shot at troup LMAO

You know I could understand a coin flip if each of the teams had beaten each other but grand saline and Winona both have the head to head win over Arp so there should be no coin flip necessary cause why should a team get in over a team they already lost to even if they have the same district record. A coin flip should be used when there is no head to head winner. 

1 hour ago, headhunter02 said:

You know I could understand a coin flip if each of the teams had beaten each other but grand saline and Winona both have the head to head win over Arp so there should be no coin flip necessary cause why should a team get in over a team they already lost to even if they have the same district record. A coin flip should be used when there is no head to head winner. 

GS beat Winona, Winona beat Arp, and Arp beat GS so there could potentially be a tie. The lose to Alba is what is hurting Arp right now.

2 hours ago, chilipepper said:

Talked with a head coach in the district...in case of a 3-way tie for 3rd where each team beat each other, you go to point differential with a 17 point max.  So, if Arp, Winona, and GS tie for 3rd...GS is 3rd, Winona is 4th, and Arp is 5th.

Lol I've heard the same thing by some one high up. Said  the same thing. Only tiger 95 talks coin flip. Either way Troup is taking the W home again tonight along with winona over quitman

1 hour ago, allday said:

Lol I've heard the same thing by some one high up. Said  the same thing. Only tiger 95 talks coin flip. Either way Troup is taking the W home again tonight along with winona over quitman

The only way a coin flip is involved is if it is exactly the same. First is head to head, then point differential between the 3, and after that total points in district play. Usually by that point you have tie breaker taken care of but after that may be the coin flip.

57 minutes ago, supermaroon said:

The only way a coin flip is involved is if it is exactly the same. First is head to head, then point differential between the 3, and after that total points in district play. Usually by that point you have tie breaker taken care of but after that may be the coin flip.

You cant explain anything to old JJ.   Last week he was saying Arp had the advantage on points--was coming up with plus 9 from somewhere deep in that abyss where his brain should be. Once he realized that was totally wrong, he conjured up the phantom coin flip

• LOL! 1

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, headhunter02 said:

Now that all of the teams have been eliminated from the playoffs does anybody have information on district honors? 

Just keep a close eye on ETSN...they'll post it once it comes out usually. On that flip note I think we should keep this thread rolling into next year.