District 10-4A (D-I) New "District of Doom"

LilBroKevTEN

1 hour ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Hopefully, come December Carthage & Argyle could face one another at Jerry World; AKA Bulldawg Stadium West.....👌

That would be a good game if either team gets past MH, however the brackets Sets up, both would be a beast of a game, with Carthage representing the East Texas an D.O.D. Vs all regions of Texas hmmmm, Bring it home to East Texas, I would be rooting.

• Like 1

Just now, LionKing12172920 said:

If would be tough faceing two tough teams like that, back to back.  Maybe that's what the two time defending champs  needs to clear its Primacy of staying the best and three peat.

It’s gets better though.  If this scenario were to play out we would potentially get Liberty Hill in the Semi’s!  So Heritage, then Liberty Hill then Argyle!  Fun times.

35 minutes ago, LionKing12172920 said:

That would be a good game if either team gets past MH, however the brackets Sets up, both would be a beast of a game, with Carthage representing the East Texas an D.O.D. Vs all regions of Texas hmmmm, Bring it home to East Texas, I would be rooting.

That’s what Surratt, Preston & Co. have been doing for a decade now....🏆🏈🏆🏈🏆🏈🏆🏈🏆🏈🏆.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LionKing12172920 said:

If would be tough faceing two tough teams like that, back to back.  Maybe that's what the two time defending champs  needs to clear its Primacy of staying the best and three peat.

Regional Finals...………..Semi-Finals...………...State game at Jerry World

Heritage...……………..Semi-Finals...…………...Argyle

Maybe that helps

1 hour ago, cotton84 said:

Regional Finals...………..Semi-Finals...………...State game at Jerry World

Heritage...……………..Semi-Finals...…………...Argyle

Maybe that helps

Hypothetically it could look like this:

Regional Finals - Heritage

State Semi’s - LIberty Hill (winner of Region 4)

State Finals - Argyle (winner of Region 1 vs Region 2)

5 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

If it’s not Carthage that comes out of our side of the bracket, it will be Liberty Hill. When they are good, they are tough to beat. Best wing or slot T team I have ever seen in 2007. 2017 Kennedale and PG had nothing on those 2006 and 2007 LH teams. Some of their posters are saying this is the best team they’ve had since then. They played a 5a ranked Hutto team to OT I think. It was a shootout. I think Hutto is a top 10 5a team. Liberty Hill is the team to beat. Heritage just another spread team. Dime a dozen.

14 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

correct me if i am wrong but wouldn't carthage and heritage meet in the 3rd round if they both win their districts????  not the 4th??

1 minute ago, bmoc said:

correct me if i am wrong but wouldn't carthage and heritage meet in the 3rd round if they both win their districts????  not the 4th??

You are 100% correct.  Sorry for the oversight on my part.  Still lots of football to be played but I do think these two will meet down the line somewhere.

I’ve watched Carthage for years and there is no doubt they have a great program...but this years argyle could compete with any of the teams I’ve watched from Carthage even the best years. Just being real here. Argyle is the REAL deal this year and will be tough for anyone to beat. 

5 minutes ago, JugLine said:

I’ve watched Carthage for years and there is no doubt they have a great program...but this years argyle could compete with any of the teams I’ve watched from Carthage even the best years. Just being real here. Argyle is the REAL deal this year and will be tough for anyone to beat. 

Great!  I can only hope the two storied programs get to meet up along the way.  When two teams are equal in talent the deciding factor is usually turnovers and coaching.  Would be a fun chess match to watch on the big stage.

• Like 1

Just now, DawgNation2015 said:

Great!  I can only hope the two storied programs get to meet up along the way.  When two teams are equal in talent the deciding factor is usually turnovers and coaching.  Would be a fun chess match to watch on the big stage.

It would be a great one 

1 hour ago, DawgNation2015 said:

A very young Pirate team loses by 2 point at Argyle and they have already been discounted. Or maybe you are hoping for Argyle over the Pirates.  

1 hour ago, JugLine said:

I have no doubt they’re the real deal. I’m going to need to get up to Argyle during district play to see them in person.

32 minutes ago, coachkells said:

A very young Pirate team loses by 2 point at Argyle and they have already been discounted. Or maybe you are hoping for Argyle over the Pirates.  

Not at all.  You guys will be in the mix for sure.  It’s just we have not see the Eagles in a long time and the conversation kind of went that direction.  I picked LV over MH this week in a close one.  Don’t let me down!

6 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Not at all.  You guys will be in the mix for sure.  It’s just we have not see the Eagles in a long time and the conversation kind of went that direction.  I picked LV over MH this week in a close one.  Don’t let me down!

I hope we don't either, after seeing them both Midlothian is no Argyle.  We probably should of beat Argyle but I feel the pirates got a little conservative with the play calling and took their foot off the pedal and lost the momentum. Give credit to Argyle they got the stops they needed and capitalized on their opportunities .

• Thanks 1