District 10-4A (D-I) New "District of Doom"

LilBroKevTEN

14 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

I kinda hope Van draws Athens.  We can play in brownsboro against a run heavy team and be in bed by 1030.  Now that's a playoff game i can get behind. Lol

Funny thing is I live about 8 miles closer to Brownsboro than Van so I'm always glad when we play the Bears "out of town" so I'd definitely vote for that Venue if we get Athens lol.

9 hours ago, TakamakaMahe said:

You are certainly entitled to your guess but if you are basing that on the posts of some Henderson "fans" on this website then you are as dumb as they are.   Phil Castles is one outstanding football coach,  a great leader/role model for young men, and a man of deep character.  These people in Henderson know and understand that we have a special person leading our young men in football as well as teaching them about life.  To say that he is on the hot seat here is absurb and has no validity.   He has run a great program here and everywhere he has been with great success.  Just as you and other posters are proud of Coach Surratt, his program, and your team's success;  we here in Henderson are as well with the job Coach Castles has done.  Certainly each of us would like to win another state championship (or more) but we are not going to judge Coach Castles performance & success on several losses to Carthage in the past couple of years.  For those that promote such thinking are short-sighted and narrow minded.  You, with as much as you seem to know about high school football, should at least recognize the great competition this coach has put on the field to battle your Dogs these past 6 years he has been in Henderson.  

When did Castles join smoaky?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hlion said:

So I take it only Carthage has a probable site and date. Anyone know of others ? Also interested in seeing about Lion Stadium will host playoffs games. I honestly don't know what the guidelines are. I assume they charge different renting prices. I know facilities play a part as well as location.

Tell Castles to call Surratt to get the scoop on hosting playoff games and what to charge.  😂. It’s a nice revenue stream.

14 hours ago, KildogDad said:

I was kinda hoping Kilgore would have something set up on a Thursday night so I can be there. Headed to Mississippi that Friday.

How about Forney?

LN-J tweeted we play Friday the 16th in Forney. 

8 hours ago, Hlion said:

1. 10-0 5-0 Dchamp Carthage

2. 8-2 4-1Van 

3. 6-4, 3-2 Henderson

4. 3-7 , 2-3 Kilgore

5. 3-7 , 1-4 Palestine

6. 1-9 , 0-5 Chapel Hill

Henderson vs Crandall

Van vs Athens 

Carthage Vs Waxahachie life 

Kilgore vs Mithlothian heritage

Which of these games do you think will be most competitive?

52 minutes ago, Hlion said:

Henderson vs Crandall . QB out for the season and play calling is atrocious. Van should be able to beat Athens by shear talent. Carthage wins getting off the bus and Kilgore will have a extremely difficult time with MH. 3-1 most likely but I could easily see 2-2 as crazy as that sounds. Henderson has the Defense to play with Crandall but the offense might wanna try something different. 

I agree Henderson - Crandall game will be the most competitive game of the four.  Will be another low scoring game but I think the Lions will have just enough offense to get by.  The Lion defense will shut down Crandall.  I’ll say 14-0 Lions win.

17 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

I agree Henderson - Crandall game will be the most competitive game of the four.  Will be another low scoring game but I think the Lions will have just enough offense to get by.  The Lion defense will shut down Crandall.  I’ll say 14-0 Lions win.

Don't know man, the QB is out and the play calling on Offense not that great, Henderson will do better next year.

1 hour ago, Hlion said:

Henderson vs Crandall . QB out for the season and play calling is atrocious. Van should be able to beat Athens by shear talent. Carthage wins getting off the bus and Kilgore will have a extremely difficult time with MH. 3-1 most likely but I could easily see 2-2 as crazy as that sounds. Henderson has the Defense to play with Crandall but the offense might wanna try something different. 

Now here's the time to move one of the JVs now into that QB spot. And we should have the chance. 

4 minutes ago, LionKing12172920 said:

Don't know man, the QB is out and the play calling on Offense not that great, Henderson will do better next year.

Palestine beat Crandall 30-14 earlier this year.  While it is true the Lion offense is struggling, your defense will carry you in this game.  Lions win.

Just now, DawgNation2015 said:

Palestine beat Crandall 30-14 earlier this year.  While it is true the Lion offense is struggling, your defense will carry you in this game.  Lions win.

Thanks but I don't think the same, but we will find out, it would be nice and help if the coaches place one of the players on JV squad into the QB position. Then my confidence will boost back up.

2 minutes ago, Hlion said:

I hope you are right just not a lot of confidence right now . Would be awesome if we pulled a 2016 Carthage no one really gave them a chance 

I like Henderson for the win vs Crandall, but unless you can find another QB option besides Medford the playoff path is short. Castles will pull up the JV QB next week.

On 11/9/2018 at 10:01 PM, Hlion said:

Henderson vs Crandall

Van vs Athens 

Carthage Vs Waxahachie life 

Kilgore vs Mithlothian heritage

Calpreps projections:

Midlothian Heritage 41, Kilgore 17

Carthage 56, Waxahachie Life 7

Van 44, Athens 27

Henderson 28, Crandall 17