District 10-4A (D-I) New "District of Doom"

LilBroKevTEN

My favorites are La Vega and Carthage. I think they will meet in Jerry World in December. I think Coach Hyde will have them playing at a high level. I think he was a big reason for their run over the last 3 years. They have been pretty much the top defensive unit in the state. Looks like Coach Hyde has been at LV since 2006, and only left for 1 season in 2013. Came back and has steadily improved the defense. I think they made the best hire possible.  

http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/high_schools/central_texas_football/modoc-maulers-la-vega-s-commitment-to-defense-paying-dividends/article_705c3d5f-660c-50fe-8704-1de429fa4fe1.html

49 minutes ago, Hlion said:

They will be good and outside ( won't effect it) they probably aren't nearly the team they were last year. Having a good non District schedule like y'all got will only improve. Worst case 6-4 

Carthage is 40-6 the last 3 years. 25-5 in the regular season. Yea I would say 6-4 is worst case. 

If I had to guess I would say Carthage is 8-2 this year. Lose to Marshall and 1 other team in the regular season. Undefeated in district. Finish the season 14-2, beating La Vega or Stephenville in Jerry World. How bout that?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Carthage is 40-6 the last 3 years. 25-5 in the regular season. Yea I would say 6-4 is worst case. 

If I had to guess I would say Carthage is 8-2 this year. Lose to Marshall and 1 other team in the regular season. Undefeated in district. Finish the season 14-2, beating La Vega or Stephenville in Jerry World. How bout that?

Seems very plausible to me!👌

7 minutes ago, Hlion said:

Yes sir pretty confident however, I limiting it to just highschool only. Political, and college, and pros are still in play. I don't think it comes down to that. All I want is a simple you were right Lion70 or hlion.

Well I don’t look at any other forum, so good with me.

You know I would give you that simple “you were right”, but you have said it the last 3 years. Carthage can’t win it every year. So if you just keep saying it you are going to be right eventually, whether you know what you are talking about or not.

4 hours ago, Hlion said:

They will be good and outside ( won't effect it) they probably aren't nearly the team they were last year. Having a good non District schedule like y'all got will only improve. Worst case 6-4 

Hlion70 - the truth is Carthage will be a different team in 2018 than we were in 2017.  The Dawgs don’t have to be as good in 2018 as we were in 2017 to win state again.  We don’t have to win by avg margin of 24 points to win state.  We don’t have to go undefeated to win state.  We don’t have to be ranked #1 all season to win state.  We don’t have to have the top RB in TX to win state. We don’t have to have two All State LB’s to win state.  We don’t have to have 2 D1 receivers to win state.  We just have to make the playoffs and win 6 games in a row.  

Odds are we will lose 2-3 games in 2018 as our Sophmores grow up and learn how to play Surratt’s brand of football.  We will make some mistakes early and will have some growing pains along the way.  But when we get to week 12 and the playoffs start, you will see the Carthage machine oiled up and finely tuned like it always is for our annual playoff run to December.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Hlion said:

Yes sir pretty confident however, I limiting it to just highschool only. Political, and college, and pros are still in play. I don't think it comes down to that. All I want is a simple you were right Lion70 or hlion.

Uh. Nope. 

Carthage wins state, you are persona non grata for the offseason. Period. 

• Thanks 1
  • LOL! 1

14 minutes ago, Hlion said:

I am making the stipulations . Perfectly voluntary as long as I don't mess up

You're the one who shot your mouth off, chief. Don't try to welch now just because we're taking it seriously. 

On 6/2/2018 at 9:46 PM, Hlion said:

Coaching is pretty good in this District. Surratt obviously the Goat. Kilgore and Henderson aren't far behind but gotta prove it. Van is always a contender and Chapel Hill/ Palestine gotta lot to prove unfortunately. 

This is the year Palestine will finally break through in the district of doom and make the playoffs.  

Give us some details. What's up over there in Pali? I keep hearing they're looking good this year. Last year it looked like the athletes were there and they just couldn't quite make it click but you felt like it wouldn't take much to turn em into a winning machine.

On 6/25/2018 at 10:34 PM, DawgNation2015 said:

Hlion70 - the truth is Carthage will be a different team in 2018 than we were in 2017.  The Dawgs don’t have to be as good in 2018 as we were in 2017 to win state again.  We don’t have to win by avg margin of 24 points to win state.  We don’t have to go undefeated to win state.  We don’t have to be ranked #1 all season to win state.  We don’t have to have the top RB in TX to win state. We don’t have to have two All State LB’s to win state.  We don’t have to have 2 D1 receivers to win state.  We just have to make the playoffs and win 6 games in a row.  

Odds are we will lose 2-3 games in 2018 as our Sophmores grow up and learn how to play Surratt’s brand of football.  We will make some mistakes early and will have some growing pains along the way.  But when we get to week 12 and the playoffs start, you will see the Carthage machine oiled up and finely tuned like it always is for our annual playoff run to December.

Tell it.