District 10-4A (D-I) New "District of Doom"

LilBroKevTEN

17 hours ago, DAWG91 said:

We dont win it every year its just we're gonna wind up winning 3 in a row.  I predicted this 3peat after the 2016 title no sense in backing off now  But until then we can agree to disagree.  This we can all agree on, its time for some Tx high school football!

Incoming juniors and sophomores are loaded. I think this year is going to be a lot like 2016. Team will keep improving. I’m ready to see some of the skill players get a chance to step up. Hunter Hill is a name to watch. Was on the varsity last year as a sophomore, but didn’t play much. Kid was a beast as a freshman. Whitlock was a playmaker on offense as a freshman, but only played D on the varsity last year. I am sure Jacorey Ware will play both ways at WR and CB. Not sure about that one. For sure he is CB1. Another kid that I think will be a player is senior Kaden Holcomb. Going to be a fun year watching this team grow up. 

• Like 1

Hopefully not quite as nerve-wrecking as 2016 though.  Im thinking this years Dawgs should at least start off better than '16 but the record may not reflect it.  Looking at predistrict schedule our easiest game may be game 1 but who knows.  We'll find out in a couple months.

1.Henderson                                       2.Carthage or Kilgore                          3.Kilgore or Carthage                           4.Van                                                       5.Pales                                                6. Chill                                                      Those my picks but it's to early to predict. 

On 2/1/2018 at 10:31 AM, LilBroKevTEN said:

Well looks like it’s a 6 Team race instead of 7 with a new member the Van Vandals. Congrats Van you have been upgraded plus no first round elimination from a DOD Team.  You are a DOD Team now.  😭😭😭

Carthage

Hendo

Kilgore

C-Hill

Van

Palestine

those are the teams. (Too early for predictions)

Haha yea what an upgrade for Van. Now there is a significantly greater chance they won't even make the playoffs. 

1) Henderson 5 - 0...……….They got the greatest poster on Smoaky on their side, that is too much for everyone else in 2018

2) Kilgore  4 - 1

3) Van   2 -3

4) Pali  2- 3

5) Carthage 2 - 3...………...They just can't replace who they lost to graduation , so says the great one,  and luck goes against them in the 3-way tiebreaker

6) C Hill 0 -5 

• LOL! 1

On 7/16/2018 at 5:58 PM, Hlion said:

Disclaimer: I have 33,000 posts been here since 2002 . I don't need to make up new screen names.

I would think with all the reading you’ve done on here over the years and with that illustrious 33,000 post count that you could read and write by now. 

18 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

I would think with all the reading you’ve done on here over the years and with that illustrious 33,000 post count that you could read and write by now. 

It's very apparent that you thought wrong. Sorry buddy. 

13 minutes ago, LionKing12172920 said:

It's a possibility,I dnt care what anyone says, I don't think Carthage going to be a Dominant Force like last years, just wait to the season goes I won't change my opinion I still say Hendo and Carthage is swapping 

Oh I'm not saying it isn't possible. But, Carthage is Carthage. Even when Carthage isn't Carthage (2010,2015,2016), Carthage seems to find a way to do Carthage things. So.... being an outsider looking in, I'm going with.... Carthage. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hlion said:

So that same logic doesn't apply to Gilmer ? Basically the world I told you.

Difference is, Gilmer didn't win district last year. They didn't make it to the semis like they have the past few years ('14, '15, '16). They lost their QB, Carthage did not. Oh, and their head coach doesn't have more state championship rings than playoff losses. I can come up with more but I know you get where I'm going. 

5 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Difference is, Gilmer didn't win district last year. They didn't make it to the semis like they have the past few years ('14, '15, '16). They lost their QB, Carthage did not. Oh, and their head coach doesn't have more state championship rings than playoff losses. I can come up with more but I know you get where I'm going. 

Facts are not allowed. 

1 hour ago, LionKing12172920 said:

It's a possibility,I dnt care what anyone says, I don't think Carthage going to be a Dominant Force like last years, just wait to the season goes I won't change my opinion I still say Hendo and Carthage is swapping 

Biggest obstacle for Henderson this year is you get Carthage in Nov vs Oct.  We are usually in playoff form by early Nov and that’s going to be a problem.

2 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Biggest obstacle for Henderson this year is you get Carthage in Nov vs Oct.  We are usually in playoff form by early Nov and that’s going to be a problem.

Hate to speak the true but yes that's correct. But that's the past and this the future, let's see what this years brings 

3 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Gilmer did had one of best head coach i think either 12 or 13 but that's when Chris Boyd was running back An Monsta brown was QB for Hendo, but that Gilmer coach was like another Surrat but he went to Long horns even with Boyd

5 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Oh I'm not saying it isn't possible. But, Carthage is Carthage. Even when Carthage isn't Carthage (2010,2015,2016), Carthage seems to find a way to do Carthage things. So.... being an outsider looking in, I'm going with.... Carthage. 

2010 we won state.  2011 was Bogie's soph yr and we lost to argyle in the 3rd round i think.  2012 was the year we lost in the semi's to el campo and 2013 we beat kilgore for state title.  Oh and we won state in 2016 in what was really the biggest surprise.  Its fair to say that 2016 is a prime example of "Carthage doing Carthage things."  But as to your point, well,  you're on point! 👍

4 hours ago, Hlion said:

Well don't act like we ain't beat y'all before. Y'all only won last three two of which were Playoff games

9-2 the last 10 years. Hendo has beat Surratt, but not much. Let’s just say the odds are not in Henderson’s favor. 2 out of 11 is less than 20% if I’m not mistaken.