District 10-4A (D-I) New "District of Doom"

LilBroKevTEN

4 hours ago, Hlion said:

He @ Arkansas now was let go when Strong was fired

Ohh okay 👌 

1 hour ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

9-2 the last 10 years. Hendo has beat Surratt, but not much. Let’s just say the odds are not in Henderson’s favor. 2 out of 11 is less than 20% if I’m not mistaken. 

Understand your confidence but to much arrogance what a huge ego lol goll can't see how Hlion or anyone deal with such a ego lmaol I say it like this, this a new season carry on lol it's not the past season but a new an I really don't care how many state titles you have claimed in pastttt this is the present An the future lol come back to reality. Goshhh

6 hours ago, LionKing12172920 said:

Understand your confidence but to much arrogance what a huge ego lol goll can't see how Hlion or anyone deal with such a ego lmaol I say it like this, this a new season carry on lol it's not the past season but a new an I really don't care how many state titles you have claimed in pastttt this is the present An the future lol come back to reality. Goshhh

After we won state in 2008 it’s been our goal every year.  Goal 1 - win district.  Goal 2 - still playing at Thanksgiving.  Goal 3 - win State.  You can call it whatever you want but it appears to be working.  We believe.

6 hours ago, LionKing12172920 said:

LionKing

Bulldawgbacker12 is not an arrogant poster. His post are informative with accurate information. 

I too believe the Dawgs have a real chance at the three Pete with what they bring back. 

In my opinion:

One of the best O lines in 4A

One of the best D lines in 4A

QB with 49 touch down passes and 16 games of experience against the best 4A had to offer. 

Two ball hawking and hard hitting DB’s

in my Opinion the best player on the field in K Dixion. 

A loaded sophomore class coming in to go with some super talented Juniors. 

No one knows how a year can or will go because of injuries and other problems that may arise, but one fact is for sure. Coach S and staff can do the impossible when no one else believes but the Dawg fans. 

We believe and that is not arrogance. 

God Bless coaches, players, and fans. 

Lets Go Dawgs!!!!!

11 hours ago, LionKing12172920 said:

Gilmer did had one of best head coach i think either 12 or 13 but that's when Chris Boyd was running back An Monsta brown was QB for Hendo, but that Gilmer coach was like another Surrat but he went to Long horns even with Boyd

He was a good coach no doubt. Not quite a Surratt, but one of the best. 

2 hours ago, Hlion said:

He is a good poster . Only a few are expecting a threepeat . I will be here waiting when they don't and unfortunately off smoaky for an off-season at least on highschool threads for an off-season.

Wouldn't you expect a 3-peat from your team if you could? I know I would. 

17 minutes ago, Hlion said:

Most definitely but they lost quite a few and expecting not to miss a beat is kinda ridiculous

I haven't heard any outrageous claims. I didn't even see anyone say they'd go undefeated, beat everyone down, or that nobody would come close. But, it is my opinion, they should be the favorite in 4A to win it all again, and the favorite to win their district. There's literally nothing to say otherwise at this point.

They weren't supposed to win 2 years ago. They lost 2 DISTRICT games, including losing to Henderson, then won state, beating Henderson on the way.

In 2015, they weren't supposed to stand a chance against the defending state champion Navasota Rattlers with their great head coach in Lee Fedora. But they did. Granted, they didn't win state, but they exceeded what everyone expected them to do. 7-3 team going into the playoffs and made it to the semis, where the took arguably the worst beating I've seen in the Surratt era.

In 2010, who doesn't remember BROWNWOOD? What a team that was. Was and is known as one of the best offenses ever. BEAT by a 2 loss Carthage team. 

So to expect a 3-peat, even with graduating some good talent, is not outrageous. They have a great squad coming back, and Capps is no joke. To top it off, when's the last time you've known Carthage to not have an impressive RB? He doesn't have to be a UT commit to be a dang good back. Some of the best RBs I've ever seen, never got offered to go to a FBS school. 

I may say all this, and Carthage goes 6-6 or something like that, but I don't see it. They have all the tools they need to do what they need to do. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hlion said:

Most definitely but they lost quite a few and expecting not to miss a beat is kinda ridiculous

I have told you multiple times it is a mistake to try and compare the 2018 team to the 2017 team for predictions.  You are correct that we lost some key players.  2017 was a special team.  But as I have said many times Carthage does not have to be as good in 2018 as we were in 2017 to win it all.

20 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I haven't heard any outrageous claims. I didn't even see anyone say they'd go undefeated, beat everyone down, or that nobody would come close. But, it is my opinion, they should be the favorite in 4A to win it all again, and the favorite to win their district. There's literally nothing to say otherwise at this point.

They weren't supposed to win 2 years ago. They lost 2 DISTRICT games, including losing to Henderson, then won state, beating Henderson on the way.

In 2015, they weren't supposed to stand a chance against the defending state champion Navasota Rattlers with their great head coach in Lee Fedora. But they did. Granted, they didn't win state, but they exceeded what everyone expected them to do. 7-3 team going into the playoffs and made it to the semis, where the took arguably the worst beating I've seen in the Surratt era.

In 2010, who doesn't remember BROWNWOOD? What a team that was. Was and is known as one of the best offenses ever. BEAT by a 2 loss Carthage team. 

So to expect a 3-peat, even with graduating some good talent, is not outrageous. They have a great squad coming back, and Capps is no joke. To top it off, when's the last time you've known Carthage to not have an impressive RB? He doesn't have to be a UT commit to be a dang good back. Some of the best RBs I've ever seen, never got offered to go to a FBS school. 

I may say all this, and Carthage goes 6-6 or something like that, but I don't see it. They have all the tools they need to do what they need to do. 

This ☝️.  I’m out of likes already and it’s not even 10am!

2 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

He was a good coach no doubt. Not quite a Surratt, but one of the best. 

I think he was cause back then Gilmer had more State wins before he went to Texas longhorns wnd so on, if he was still there Gilmer would had more State wins not takeing from the coaches they have now but that coach that left that one was a big key to Gilmer victories. 

2 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I like this Lionking guy, but it's become apparent to me that punctuation, and literacy, are not just a problem for Hlion. It's more of a Henderson thing.

I'm just like everybody supporting there team, everyone has there way on supporting, just like you or anyone hopeing there team do well and high expectations even if it is there or not there but I have a feeling that My Lions will be just fine.

3 hours ago, cowboyandchrist said:

LionKing

Bulldawgbacker12 is not an arrogant poster. His post are informative with accurate information. 

I too believe the Dawgs have a real chance at the three Pete with what they bring back. 

In my opinion:

QB with 49 touch down passes and 16 games of experience against the best 4A had to offer. 

No one knows how a year can or will go because of injuries and other problems that may arise, but one fact is for sure. Coach S and staff can do the impossible when no one else believes but the Dawg fans. 

Lets Go Dawgs!!!!!

Really I am Juss messing but nothing's wrong from supporting your team, I will do the same from my team either win or lose. 

3 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

After we won state in 2008 it’s been our goal every year.  Goal 1 - win district.  Goal 2 - still playing at Thanksgiving.  Goal 3 - win State.  You can call it whatever you want but it appears to be working.  We believe.

That's good to think but last year my opinion you did and always has the best coaches Surrat an co. And talent is there also but the main reason y'all won State is cause you were loaded with Seniors and they were bigger in size that easy won the trenches in defense or offense line, and y'all had number run RB and WRs so that a lot of weapons and this kids were older An much bigger, if a team had much seniors then you to me was La Vega but that's haveing to many seniors on one team was a advantage also so I dnt expect to see this, this year not repeating 

Just now, LionKing12172920 said:

That's good to think but last year my opinion you did and always has the best coaches Surrat an co. And talent is there also but the main reason y'all won State is cause you were loaded with Seniors and they were bigger in size that easy won the trenches in defense or offense line, and y'all had number run RB and WRs so that a lot of weapons and this kids were older An much bigger, if a team had much seniors then you to me was La Vega but that's haveing to many seniors on one team was a advantage also so I dnt expect to see this, this year not repeating 

You did get lucky with La Vega cause Vega was coming back 

3 hours ago, cowboyandchrist said:

LionKing

In my opinion:

Lets Go Dawgs!!!!!

It's okay just new and haveing fun on the forum An the games hadn't started yet hope to try to spark things up when the season comes around 

2 minutes ago, LionKing12172920 said:

You did get lucky with La Vega cause Vega was coming back 

Luck is a strong word. Carthage started shooting themselves in the foot. It all started with that fumble inside the LV20. 

7 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Luck is a strong word. Carthage started shooting themselves in the foot. It all started with that fumble inside the LV20. 

La Vega shot there self in foot early that's how Carthage took advantage and La Vega was coming back after that, watch the game again online.

Edited by LionKing12172920

2 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I’m afraid Lion70, Hlion and LionKingbunchofnumbers are all one and the same.

We not the same people lol that's crazyyy we do know eachother An friends An work together for years but we not the same person it's just maybe a Henderson thing, some of us does like to put either Lion or H in our names. 

7 minutes ago, LionKing12172920 said:

La Vega shot there self in foot early that's how Carthage took advantage and La Vega was coming back after that 

Call it what you want, I guess. I call fumbling snaps shooting yourself in the foot. Not when the other team jumps a route and scores on a pick 6, then on the ensuing kickoff, slaps the football out of the runner's hands, setting Carthage up for another touchdown, then Carthage recovering an onside kick, setting themselves up to go up 28. Then Capps fumbles the snap. I feel like Carthage's wounds were self-inflicted, not inflicted by La Vega, whereas Carthage actually caught the interception, slapped the ball out of the La Vega player's hand. But, a turnover is a turnover, whether self-inflicted or forced I suppose.

10 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Call it what you want, I guess. I call fumbling snaps shooting yourself in the foot. Not when the other team jumps a route and scores on a pick 6, then on the ensuing kickoff, slaps the football out of the runner's hands, setting Carthage up for another touchdown, then Carthage recovering an onside kick, setting themselves up to go up 28. Then Capps fumbles the snap. I feel like Carthage's wounds were self-inflicted, not inflicted by La Vega, whereas Carthage actually caught the interception, slapped the ball out of the La Vega player's hand. But, a turnover is a turnover, whether self-inflicted or forced I suppose.

That's true but if you look at that video La Vega had fumbling snaps to so yea they both shot thereself in foot but Vega shot thereself in foot first that reason how Carthage took advantage An when Carthage shot self in foot also then Vega was coming back and almost cost Carthage game.