District 10-4A (D-I) New "District of Doom"

LilBroKevTEN

On 7/17/2018 at 7:45 AM, phswildcatsfan said:

Hello all my DOD Bretheren... Back for another season- My 15th as a Palestine fan. Saddly I will be missing one game this year. 1st game I have missed since 2012. That game will be our game vs Fairfield on 9-21-18. I am lucky it is not a district game. Palestine should be improved, but, this is the DOD so we will see if we can get over that hump and get into the Playoffs. I think we can.

I just looked at the pics from ETSN photo day for Palestine.  Is it a prerequisite to be RB if you are a LB and a LB if you are an RB?  No one way players?  LOL.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LionKing12172920 said:

That's true but if you look at that video La Vega had fumbling snaps to so yea they both shot thereself in foot but Vega shot thereself in foot first that reason how Carthage took advantage An when Carthage shot self in foot also then Vega was coming back and almost cost Carthage game.

😳 I Almost understood that, & That scares the 💩 our of me.....😱

Kilgore has matched up much better with Carthage than Henderson in the Surratt era. Since 2008 it’s 4-3 Carthage. Same record as we have with Gilmer in that span. Only thing about Kilgore last 4 seasons is they are going to poop the bed at some point. Give a state or regional champion Carthage all they want. Beat Carthage then lose to Center. Haven’t had much playoff success. Not sure what to think about Kilgore. But everytime we play the K-Dogs I think Carthage might get beat. They scare me more than any team in ETX not named Gilmer.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

But they did. Granted, they didn't win state, but they exceeded what everyone expected them to do. 7-3 team going into the playoffs and made it to the semis, where the took arguably the worst beating I've seen in the Surratt era.

That was a pretty bad beating. Only 2 other times in 10 years did Carthage take a real beating.

In 2014 Gilmer slapped Carthage around pretty bad. I think the final was 56-21. But it could’ve been much worse. It was apparent within a couple minutes that Carthage did not belong on the same field with Gilmer that night. Might have been the only time Traylor called the Buckeyes off. A lot of respect in that rivalry. 

Another one people don’t really remember, beacause Carthage turned out to be a great team, was CH in 2010. CH donkey stomped Carthage. I think it was 48-14. That game broke a 30 something game win streak. I remember thinking how good those 2 years had been. I thought we would fall back into being the old mediocre Carthage. Boy was I wrong. Surratt did Surratt things. The same Carthage team that got steam rolled by CH went on to beat what people were calling the best 3a team ever and won a state championship. CH got beat by Hendo in the title game. On a side note Carthage rolled Hendo up pretty good in a district game that year. HS football can be a funny thing.

7 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

I have told you multiple times it is a mistake to try and compare the 2018 team to the 2017 team for predictions.  You are correct that we lost some key players.  2017 was a special team.  But as I have said many times Carthage does not have to be as good in 2018 as we were in 2017 to win it all.

That’s right, tell him.

This year reminds me a lot more of 2009 than it does 2011, 2014, or 2015. Carthage fans usually have a pretty good feel for the team, whether they admit it or not. We have lost these super classes before. 2008 was the first time. But Carthage returned about the same amount as they do this year, with a strong junior class coming in (same as this year). 2011 was the first reboot. Senior and junior classes a little bit weak, but had a group of super sophomores that would lead Carthage to regional and state titles in 12’ & 13’. 2014 was a little bit tougher. Only time Surratt didn’t have one of those “special” classes on the varsity. This time we had to wait another year. 2015 again had the super sophomores (same as 2011). They learned how to win and lead Carthage to back to back titles. This year Carthage returns a lot. They just lost all the big name skill players and LB. So it seems a lot worse than it is. Carthage had one of those groups of special sophomores already on the varsity for this reboot. They will now be juniors. Plus there is a loaded group of sophomores coming in. Carthage will win 2 out of the next 3. There is just too much talent in the sophomore and junior classes not to. This is much different then some of the previous years where Carthage graduated a special team. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Hlion said:

Ten pt win is being rolled huh

“Rolled up pretty good”. Meaning a good win, but nothing close to a blowout. All that I posted and that’s what you took from it? Get your feelings off your sleeve. I think that was a very close game until Carthage ROLLED Henderson in the 4th quarter. Henderson lead 33-29 in the 4th before Carthage ROLLED off 14 unanswered points to put the game on ice. 

The first three fumbles in the LeVega game by the Dawgs, nobody touched the QB, he dropped the ball on the hand off. 

All three of the LeVega turnovers in the first quarter was caused by the Dawg defense. 

Carthage should have run LeVega out of the building in the first half. 

The game was only close because the Dawg QB fumbled the ball without being touched. 

6 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

The first three fumbles in the LeVega game by the Dawgs, nobody touched the QB, he dropped the ball on the hand off. 

All three of the LeVega turnovers in the first quarter was caused by the Dawg defense. 

The game was only close because the Dawg QB fumbled the ball without being touched. 

Come’on man. Don’t let these guys rile you up over that. It’s the only thing people can cling to. “La Vega almost came back”. Wow good for them. La Vega was never going to beat Carthage. They could’ve played 12 quarters. La Vega pulled to within 7 points late in the 4th 39-32. Next play Ingram breaks another highlight reel run for 50 yards right up the gut. Carthage scored 46 points with 4-5 turnovers against the number 1 defense in 4a from 2015 - 2017. La Vega was a game opponent. Got alot of respect for that program.

25 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Lol 😂 whatever I don't think that's entirely true

20 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Come’on man. Don’t let these guys rile you up over that. It’s the only thing people can cling to. “La Vega almost came back”. Wow good for them. La Vega was never going to beat Carthage. They could’ve played 12 quarters. La Vega pulled to within 7 points late in the 4th 39-32. Next play Ingram breaks another highlight reel run for 50 yards right up the gut. Carthage scored 46 points with 4-5 turnovers against the number 1 defense in 4a from 2015 - 2017. La Vega was a game opponent. Got alot of respect for that program.

And you not winning State this year, can't win em every year just saying 

Just now, LionKing12172920 said:

And you not winning State this year, can't win em every year just saying 

Yep cannot win it every year. That’s the first thing I have seen you post that made sense.

I wonder how long the mods are going to let Lyin70 have 2 accounts?

Just now, Hlion said:

Go ahead tell them cause it two different people

I’m not telling anybody. I don’t care. It’s kinda sad. You think the “just saying” at the end of the post is not a dead giveaway. When your wife finds out you signed up for SDC on her phone she is gonna be PO’d anyway. Carry on.

8 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Yep cannot win it every year. That’s the first thing I have seen you post that made sense.

I wonder how long the mods are going to let Lyin70 have 2 accounts?

Im thinking of making another account so i can like my own posts....Nah, that would be crazy.  

1 minute ago, Hlion said:

LoL ask 77 he knows me we aren't the same guy but shares the same views so it seems. I do know him and he is a good dude

I’m not saying 77 doesn’t know you. I’m saying that’s you posting on another account. Does 77 know the other poster? Man that is you. Just stop denying. It’s obvious. And it’s sad.

I know it is taking a toll on you with all the “poop” signs. I wish that people would stop bullying you. But to make up a fake screen name to try to get a friend is too far. I hope you get some help for real. If I was you I would take a break from SDC. I’m not joking around. I really hope you don’t take this too seriously. I hate to see people struggle. Mental health issues are for real.

6 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

Im thinking of making another account so i can like my own posts....Nah, that would be crazy.  

Come’on. Let’s back off the guy. I’m not singling you out for sure. Just happened to quote your post. It’s me too, along with a lot of other posters. Mental health is a serious issue. This is obviously a problem. It’s just not normal. I hope he can get it straight. 

5 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

New season so I don't expect you to be a lucky dog like the 2016 season and be underfeated like last year, you will take losses, Gilmer, Liberty Eylau and even PG and Marshall, you got them one after another so it's going be a loss or losses around there.

Can everyone please lay off the “poop” signs? I know this site should not be taken serious, but anybody with sense knows that it is real life for some. It’s pretty sad seeing this guy get bullied, and then have to create a new screen name to try to deflect it. I’m not one of these new school guys who wants to baby everybody, but this guy is a grown man with 2 kids. The cry for help is obvious.

• Stinks 2