District 10-4A (D-I) New "District of Doom"

LilBroKevTEN

2 hours ago, Lion70 said:

Lol yall ain't repeating and I am serious this time

How can you be sure? Carthage has just as much returning as any of the other top teams in the state. Got just as good a chance as anybody else. Some other teams better get real good. Cause if they don't Surratt will do it again. Obviously Carthage isn't going to be as good as they were in 17', but they may not have to be.

7 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

Hendo stadium is now pretty nice. R.E St John in KIlgore is getting kind of tired and needs a facelift. C'mon Kilgore...step up to the plate lol. Even the Tomato Bowl is getting over hauled.

Yeah looking forward to seeing Hendo stadium. I was wondering what they were going to do about parking at the Tomato Bowl. I heard they may be using some of the old businesses close by. Could just be rumor though. I work in Jville a few days a month. Looks like they had already started ripping some stuff apart last week when I was there.

45 minutes ago, Lion70 said:

Yeah I believe so not totally sure but that will happen . They getting a facelift on everything. Might wanna sit down for this but getting some parking too.

Parking?  As in, a parking lot?  No way!  No more parking in folks yards or walking for 2 miles to stadium?  Wow!

5 hours ago, DAWG91 said:

Has the visitors outhouse been replaced?  Will we no longer be required to pee in a ditch?

We have a new fangled invention called a flush toilet! I know that is a scary thing for most folks from Panola country but I promise it wont hurt you :) 

6 hours ago, Vandalman said:

Was by there yesterday and looked like they've already got the old bleachers out. Going full steam on it.

Thats good. They were still laying paving stones at Lion Stadium when people were walking in for the season opener last year lol. Parking is the one big draw back in Henderson. When DAWG91 said "No more parking in folks yards or walking for 2 miles to stadium?" he was only partially kidding. 

46 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

Thats good. They were still laying paving stones at Lion Stadium when people were walking in for the season opener last year lol. Parking is the one big draw back in Henderson. When DAWG91 said "No more parking in folks yards or walking for 2 miles to stadium?" he was only partially kidding. 

LOL.  It all depends on what time you get there!  I’d like to see a few bucks saved to build a small guest entrance on the same end of the field as the scoreboard.  This would help with the walk from the elementary playground.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

We have a new fangled invention called a flush toilet! I know that is a scary thing for most folks from Panola country but I promise it wont hurt you :) 

Yeah we here in panola county know what flush toilets are.  We have many of them in our new bathrooms at our stadium.  Plus these flush toilets cant be half as dangerous as those outhouse trenches.  So we're good.

8 hours ago, DAWG91 said:

I just want to extend a warm bulldog welcome to the good folks from Van to the DOD.  Ive heard alot of good things about your team and im excited about the new, tough district for next year.

Thanks! Can't wait for football season. All this basketball, baseball and Olympics just ain't the same...

2 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

I’d like to see a few bucks saved to build a small guest entrance on the same end of the field as the scoreboard.  This would help with the walk from the elementary playground.

Yes it would...and it would not have to be an expensive project. Im pretty sure there is already a gate there so all you would need is a small, enclosed ticket booth. We gripe a lot about the parking but it is still easier to get in and out than it was at Pinetree for the Kilgore-Hendo playoff game.

1 hour ago, DAWG91 said:

Yeah we here in panola county know what flush toilets are.  We have many of them in our new bathrooms at our stadium.  Plus these flush toilets cant be half as dangerous as those outhouse trenches.  So we're good.

We joke about "the trough" but it was truely disgusting. I always felt like I needed to apologize to our visitors ahead of time. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

Yes it would...and it would not have to be an expensive project. Im pretty sure there is already a gate there so all you would need is a small, enclosed ticket booth. We gripe a lot about the parking but it is still easier to get in and out than it was at Pinetree for the Kilgore-Hendo playoff game.

Does not have to be expensive.  Carthage just puts up a 10x10 tent for shade for the guest side ticket takers!

1 hour ago, EnjoyLife said:

We joke about "the trough" but it was truely disgusting. I always felt like I needed to apologize to our visitors ahead of time. 

I thought yall were joking about the troughs. Lol. I was at a game last year where they still had them installed too though. Really doesn't bother me. Usually by the time I get there I'm just glad there's a place to go...

On 2/11/2018 at 9:46 AM, Lion70 said:

Honestly its a anyone guess. Henderson , van , kilgore replace QB, Carthage reloads but returns a experienced QB. Chapel Hill and Palestine were very young . Van hasn't played in the Doom either. Playing Henderson, kilgore, carthage isn't exactly playing Canton , Athens.

It seems that you always talk down on Van. What exactly do you have against them?? God forbid anyone that hasn't been in the "district of doom" be any good! You act like Henderson has actually done something too! The only school from that district that can talk is Carthage. Quit getting on here and acting like Henderson has done anything! They went to the 4th round this year in a terrible region. Congrats. Van just did the same thing in a better Region. I'm not on here saying Van will come into this district and win it but they def wont be as soft as you claim them to be. Better not poke the bear. And do your homework, Van hasn't played Canton in years. We know the road to a district title goes through Carthage, NOT Henderson and don't think for a second that there is one person in Van scared to play anyone in that district. We gladly accept the challenge.