District 10-4A (D-I) New "District of Doom"

LilBroKevTEN

18 minutes ago, Lion70 said:

Ok rookie let's review

1. Van posters came on here and acted like they were unbeatable until they played a Doom team. 

2. I have absolutely nothing against them .

3. Henderson has won a state Championship  so nice try. 

4. Van had it's best two seasons these two years wonder why. They were placed in a different bracket where they didn't face a Doom team.

5. Better region lol

6. Poke a teddy bear 

7. Carthage hasn't always won District there big guy so yes you gotta beat kilgore and Henderson as well .

8. You own coach looked depressed at the UiL interview with coaches. 

Y'all have played softer teams so I believe y'all can hang when I see it. Will go 1-9 most likely not but 9-1 10-1 ain't happening either. 

1. I never singled out Henderson posters, just YOU. You should't single out "Van posters" I am from Van and have never said anything negative about Henderson or anyone else for that matter. And whens the last time a Van team has played a "Doom" team anyways??

2. Your posts suggest otherwise

3. I never said Henderson hasn't won a state title. Not sure what your saying I'm "trying" And not that its relevant but so has Van.

4. You act like we control who our district is. We can't control who we play in district or playoffs. Pre district is hard to schedule as well because not many teams want to play us. Not arrogance just facts. Also in your #1 you said Van played a Doom team and then in your #4 you said they haven't. Make your mind up

5. After your so-called district of doom, Region 3 has been pretty bad. Strictly opinions on this one

6. Teddy Bear, that's cute

7. I stated the road to a district title goes through Carthage, who just won that district, so yes, it absolutely goes through Carthage. Clearly I know they haven't always won district. That's like saying the road to the NFC east title goes through Dallas next year because they won it two years ago. Oh and in your #6 I'm a teddy bear and in number 7 i'm a big guy??? 

8. Depressed?? I'm willing to bet you have never even met the guy. You clearly do not know him. Just another ignorant statement. Almost as ignorant as stating van would go 1-9. Good luck to you guys. Can't wait to see Van make you continue to look ignorant.  

3 hours ago, Lion70 said:

1. Technically last season against Palestine but I won't count that was namely talking about playoff losses. 

2. Keep telling yourself that honestly I am indifferent I be rooting for y'all Against Kilgore lol

3. What has Henderson done guess you forgot about that quote? 

4. Ok buddy lol

5. Again LOL kilgore Henderson carthage would have beat y'all with ease. 

6. It was funny and you walked into that one

7. Ok good for you . I won't judge. 

8. Correct just going by the interview you could look it up yourself if you like. Just an observation

1.  Technically Van beat DOD member Pali in 2016 and 2017 but who is counting.......

15 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

Hey TyroneWilson92...welcome to Smoaky and we all welcome the Van Vandals to the DoD.

The trash talkin' really gets going around here during football season...so get in there and defend your team. It will be fun :)

That is exactly what I am doing! Just tired of getting on here and always seeing Lion bashing Van and anyone who isnt from Henderson. He's delusional. 

3 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

2017 season results vs coach Surratt

Van 2-0

Henderson 0-2

I think your right,  there will be some surprises this year in the doom.

Tw92: gonna be a long season if you let lion get at you this early.  Lol. 

Trust me, he has never gotten to me. Just wanted to correct some of his ridiculous statements. He won't hear much from me again unless he continues to call out Van. Henderson is week 11 on out schedule. They are the LAST thing on our minds.  

13 minutes ago, TyroneWilson92 said:

Trust me, he has never gotten to me. Just wanted to correct some of his ridiculous statements. He won't hear much from me again unless he continues to call out Van. Henderson is week 11 on out schedule. They are the LAST thing on our minds.  

I can't believe I'm gonna say this next part but,  "in defense of lion" , he makes true statements.  Our vandals had a terrible run against Gilmer x 2, once against Kilgore,  and once to monsta brown(still love that name) and Henderson. That said if those deep east Texas boys are expecting the same caliber van team that they played in those years they are in for a surprise.  It will be an uphill climb for van this year as we are reloading from a really good team.  But Moffat seems to have things rolling smoothly in van and should compete in the doom.

My early picks are: 

1) Carthage 

2&3) Henderson or Kilgore

4) Van

No winless,  no undefeated

Just now, trashyhound said:

I can't believe I'm gonna say this next part but,  "in defense of lion" , he makes true statements.  Our vandals had a terrible run against Gilmer x 2, once against Kilgore,  and once to monsta brown(still love that name) and Henderson. That said if those deep east Texas boys are expecting the same caliber van team that they played in those years they are in for a surprise.  It will be an uphill climb for van this year as we are reloading from a really good team.  But Moffat seems to have things rolling smoothly in van and should compete in the doom.

My early picks are: 

1) Carthage 

4) Van

So you too are basing your statement from years ago?? Quit living in the past! The last time Van played Gilmer Kilgore or Henderson, the current players were playing youth football! For the record, reloading is a bold statement. Van will return 8 starters on defense plus I saw where they just got a move in All State line backer. Offense did lose QB but returns all skill players that will help them out. I just don't see how anyone can automatically assume Henderson or Kilgore for that matter will just roll over Van. Van has every bit of track record recently if not more than both of those schools. Im not predicting a win by any means but I definitely am not predicting a loss either. It will be a fun two years! 

9 minutes ago, TyroneWilson92 said:

So you too are basing your statement from years ago?? Quit living in the past! The last time Van played Gilmer Kilgore or Henderson, the current players were playing youth football! For the record, reloading is a bold statement. Van will return 8 starters on defense plus I saw where they just got a move in All State line backer. Offense did lose QB but returns all skill players that will help them out. I just don't see how anyone can automatically assume Henderson or Kilgore for that matter will just roll over Van. Van has every bit of track record recently if not more than both of those schools. Im not predicting a win by any means but I definitely am not predicting a loss either. It will be a fun two years! 

No,  easy with the friendly fire, I bleed vandal red like you.  Lion said Van hasn't beaten a dod team.  Yes that was years ago,  but still a fact.   I made my predictions because I think Carthage,  Henderson,  and Kilgore are a little better than Van.   Reloading was a compliment,  rebuilding would be the term I would use for a negative comment.  Losing that Line and an all state qb the caliber of #10 is never easy to replace. 

Hope your kid has a healthy and successful season. 

18 minutes ago, Lion70 said:

Honestly you could pick Henderson last . Wouldn't make it true nor would I remotely care. Can't get upset over opinion on a message board especially in February. 

But I didn't.  I picked Henderson ahead of my team.  But if only those who beat Carthage are allowed to post, it's gonna get lonely around here. 

My comment on vans record against Surratt was just a little fun with word play.   I agree that Princeton is nowhere near Carthage.  Just having a lil fun with a coincidence.

I know you don't get upset about post,  I've enjoyed reading your banter for years now.  I also do not get upset. I'm not sure we can say the same for others recently posting here. Lol. gonna be an entertaining season on here. 

On 2/20/2018 at 4:19 PM, Lion70 said:

No lol I was talking about tomato bowl makes our parking lot look amazing. Soccer practice happens on Montgomery playground. I say paved it and let em use current practice field.

If you are getting turf, then soccer should practice on it

9 minutes ago, Lion70 said:

Good too know why folks take me seriously is beyond me. Getting upset is ridiculous. As for this District I don't think anyone goes winless or Undefeated. This will be a competitive District and Palestine will be decent and Chapel Hill probably will be better imo. The top 4 are obvious now and could go in any order. Henderson has a lot returning  and carthage has the most experienced QB and the best Head Coach. Kilgore and van replace qb but should be still good. 

I agree.  Also,  the folks around Van I'm talking to are really excited about the district.  Not many folks are "worried" although I figure that might change when some of these mamas see some of y'alls boys take the field.  Lol

2 hours ago, trashyhound said:

My early picks are: 

1) Carthage 

4) Van

I would agree with that. Carthage deserves the nod because they are the back to back champs...but for all their success they have only won 1 district championship (2017) since the 2014 realignment. Beating Carthage in Sept and Oct is one thing...beating them in Nov and Dec is something entirely different. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

I would agree with that. Carthage deserves the nod because they are the back to back champs...but for all their success they have only won 1 district championship (2017) since the 2014 realignment. Beating Carthage in Sept and Oct is one thing...beating them in Nov and Dec is something entirely different. 

You are absolutely right. I do think Carthage is going y be very good by the time the payoffs roll around, the district title is up for grabs. Ok, if we want to say Carthage is the team to beat, that's fine. I think they have earned that. But I don't know that they re necessarily the favorite. We gonna have to see.

27 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

Preach!

8 minutes ago, Vandalman said:

In response to people saying Van hasn't beaten a DoD team: As Dawgnation 2015 has already pointed out, Van beat Palestine 2 years in a row. They are and have been in the district of doom. 

Dont let lion get to ya.  Been a tough several yrs for him watching the Dawgs hoist all them trophies.  Sometimes it's just best to let him vent and let your team do their talking via the scoreboard.